The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Aljo did the smart thing in not continuing to fight. He was getting his *** handed to him and was not making it to the final bell. The knee was blatant and that's on Petr Yan. But that performance he put on.. the laying dead, crocodile tears, sniffles mid post fight interview just turned my stomach. For the old school mma fans, this was reminiscent of Jaimee Varner (I can't seeee) vs Donald Cerrone 1.

Throwing the belt to the ground in the cage and then posing for pics on social media with it afterwards makes me lol

Why would Al take that pic? We introducing villains into MMA now? He played sick.

Yan was wrong for kneeing him. You shouldn’t win a belt for a DQ. It’s a dumb rule that should get updated. Cory Sandhagen or TJ should be the next to catch those Yan Hands.

They really need to use digital AI to eventually replace these judges. It looks even dumber when the President of the UFC is complaining about a known problem with these athletic commissions. There was no way it was 49-45 or whatever.

I give Izzy respect for moving up. But there is definitely flagrant disrespect for Jan. Izzy tried to pull a GSP and cherry pick his LHW opponent. Folks thought Jan would lose to Reyes.

Dana sounds like a clown. The sport you monetized has at its foundation 10-8 rounds. Those were clearly 10-8 rounds. It was a ****ing clinic by Jan.

I understand you lost Conor and now you lost Izzy, but c'mon son, have a little respect for the game.

Why would Al take that pic? We introducing villains into MMA now? He played sick.

Yan was wrong for kneeing him. You shouldn’t win a belt for a DQ. It’s a dumb rule that should get updated. Cory Sandhagen or TJ should be the next to catch those Yan Hands.

They really need to use digital AI to eventually replace these judges. It looks even dumber when the President of the UFC is complaining about a known problem with these athletic commissions. There was no way it was 49-45 or whatever.

I give Izzy respect for moving up. But there is definitely flagrant disrespect for Jan. Izzy tried to pull a GSP and cherry pick his LHW opponent. Folks thought Jan would lose to Reyes.

It feels weird when Sal D'amato has the correct scorecard. I almost wonder if the other judges gave 10-8s because they were worried the other two were on the take to score the fight for Izzy :lol:

Don’t see anything wrong with Aljo celebrating. He WON. Dummy kneed him while he was down. Aljo don’t owe nothin to nobody. Aljo’s run to the title shot was more impressive than Yan’s anyways.

Been hearing this a lot lately. I can‘t really disagree as far as what Aljo did in the UFC, but it ain’t Yan’s fault he got matched the way he did.

And ain’t nobody convincing me Aldo wouldn’t KO Aljo.

I don't care what anyone say ...

I had Jan winning the fight ... 4 - 1 ... actually forced myself to give Izzy 1 rd. No way Izzy did anything to win rds from the champ.

In addition, his showboating in the 5th is why he was taken down ....

I had Jan winning the fight ... 4 - 1 ... actually forced myself to give Izzy 1 rd. No way Izzy did anything to win rds from the champ.

Live betting lines were wild, likely influenced by the announcers. I managed to place bets on Jan at +250 after the third round. Didn't hit it bigger because I was worried about a potential robbery.

Wot. It was likely 2-2 going into the 4th. That wasn't showboating, Izzy was desperate and needed to force Jan to go at him and make a mistake. He was acting loose and dazed to try and get Jan to mess up. Was it likely to work? No. But Izzy was desperate, he knew he needed a KO.

guy was tired after round 1. Looked like he was moving in slow motion in round 4. Was outstruck and outgrappled. I’m not gonna act like getting kneed in the face / head doesn’t change a fight though. Champ Yan is dumb for throwing the knee. Why does he need his corner to tell him his opponent is a down, the guy is right in front of you. Just look down at him and see.

Athletic commissions are dumb and never gonna allow knees or stomps on the ground.

Also, now don’t have to hear that zestbender could challenge a juiced up heavyweight jones anymore.

Also, anderson > zestbender. He didn’t face grapplers but anderson washed his lhw opponents. Took forrest’s soul, was embarrassing to watch.

Wot. It was likely 2-2 going into the 4th. That wasn't showboating, Izzy was desperate and needed to force Jan to go at him and make a mistake. He was acting loose and dazed to try and get Jan to mess up. Was it likely to work? No. But Izzy was desperate, he knew he needed a KO.
Well ... when you figure how is 2 - 2 going into the 4th ... come back and holla. Dude showboated IMO ... call it what you want.. that's how I saw it.

Also what rds did you give Izzy? Dude didn't do **** to Jan .. only one punch ... not enough to warrant a rd. Stop it ...

Damn, so no more Dan Hardy commentating or analyst work. Was wondering why he wasn't doing any of the inside the octagon work for the ppv.

Yans defense is ELITE. He leaves his body open a bit with his high guard but he was checking plenty leg kicks and avoiding takedowns with ease. Those trips were a nice touch too that we haven't seen too much from him in the ufc. Don't really get all the hate Aljo getting when Yan is the reason the fight was stopped. Knee was nasty and Aljo wasn't expecting it at all.

Those 10-8 rounds were wild. Didn't do much damage from the takedown besides the last 7 seconds of the fight, but the right man won regardless. Good for Jan, definitely one of the good guys in the fight game with the weirdest career path to being a champion. Also appreciate his very dry humor and personality :lol: . That magical noose he got tho is undefeated :wow:

Islam Makacheav will remain as the most avoided man in MMA. Definitely future champ. That was very impressive with a very highly skilled sub to end it. Man's got the choke while his body was on the opposite side, I was losing my **** (while kinda intoxicated) and my fam just looked at me like I was crazy. Commentary ain't even realize he got the sub til the replay came up :lol:

Amanda Lemons is scary for the women of 115. She got legit one punch KO power in a division that has no one else with it, since Andrade moved up. She's tall, has reach and uses her range very well. Crazy she used to fight at 135 and that power carried over well. Sat her down with a snap jab and her opponent is no slouch/can either.

Fun card. Didn't really feel like it dragged much being it was 30 fighters deep. Only disappointment was the Rakic/Santos fight.

IMG-20210307-WA0002.jpg

Attachments

• 20210307_190423.jpg
    20210307_190423.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
he thinks Herb got him canned LOL

i told yall when that went down it was inexcusable and hed be gone. this aint a podcast breh... its a multi billion dollar industry that jus inked a huge deal with a gambling company. The appearance has to be pristine.. even tho the judges are a disgrace, refs are often bad, matchmaking is extremely biased etc etc lol

I don't think he was fired simply for that occurrence but that he went out of his way to bully his wife too. That's just weirdo stuff. If he really did that he deserved to be gone

But you can't really talk about pristine appearance and the UFC in the same sentence

Back
Top Bottom