The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

"Sean O’Malley, meanwhile, wasn’t afraid to talk about it when the topic came up on his podcast.

Oh, I can’t get on the Sean Strickland card. I am scared that he might f*****g murder me. Like actually, I probably would not want to be around that dude. He kind of seems like a f*****g freak and psychopath. Like if he had a chance to kill someone, he probably would do it. So it’s like I wouldn’t even want to fight on that motherf****r’s card. He’d be like: ‘I cannot have two Seans on this card’ [robotic voice],” O’Malley joked.

Justin does well on the mic I like his presence on the weigh in show

Giving hella props to Charles, pretty dope. He said oliveria was fighting in the ufc when Justin was in college not even thinking about fighting

that’s insane

Looking forward to see how Cody does at FLW, Jose has had success moving down so interested to see if Cody still has the explosiveness at that weight. KK is no slouch though.

This card also has two good prelim fights with Emmett/Ige and Cruz/Munhoz. Emmett could prove he's a real contender with an impressive win over Ige.

Going to watch the entire card, even early prelims

Randy Costa, Ryan Hall and Miranada Maverick all on the early prelims. Can't complain at all about that, Costa is must watch t.v. imo

The way Pena and Cody were talking, and their aura this morning, win or lose they are in the right space mentally. That's the only thing you can hope for as a fight fan. Hopefully it translates

Man I see a lot of people online discounting Oliveira like Dustin will walk through him. Charles is mentally on a different plane then he was years ago, it’s going to take more than power for Dustin to take him out and unfortunately it may not be enough. I see Charles taking this by submission, he’s just too diverse and can weather a storm.

I just think it’s because Diamond’s road to the title challenge versus Charles.

Diamond beat Eddie (fmr CHAMP), Conor (fmr Champ), Justin (fmr interim champ), Hooker (top five at the time), Khabib (retired champ), Max Holloway (FW champ at the time), Pettis (fmr champ), etc.

Charles fought Chandler, who probably didn’t deserve the title shot off a Hooker win. Porier and Justin were the heir apparent to Khabib’s title. Plus Charles low key going on this win streak.

I just think it’s because Diamond’s road to the title challenge versus Charles.

Diamond beat Eddie (fmr CHAMP), Conor (fmr Champ), Justin (fmr interim champ), Hooker (top five at the time), Khabib (retired champ), Max Holloway (FW champ at the time), Pettis (fmr champ), etc.

Charles fought Chandler, who probably didn’t deserve the title shot off a Hooker win. Porier and Justin were the heir apparent to Khabib’s title. Plus Charles low key going on this win streak.
Yea Dustin’s road to the title was mighty impressive; he definitely left a piece of himself in all those fights(maybe the last two Conor scraps he left crumbs :lol:). It would be a great story for him to ride off in the sunset being undisputed, but it’ll be very tough against a guy who’s been smooth sailing.

Also oliveira being champ is great for the company since he may be the only one at the top who hasn’t succumbed to Khabib’s reign.

Charles gets my respect. The way he rode out that beating from Chandler and then coming back to KO him. Outclassing Tony. Subbing K Lee (who came off the incredible Gillespie Head Kick KO).

But if you’re just looking on paper…that’s probably why the Porier favor + obviously coming off victories over the most popular fighter in MMA.

The thinking also seems to be that Olivera won't be the same if fight hits the championship rounds. Dustin has shown he still has the stamina to do damage in the later rounds whereas Charles hasn't seen a 4th largely due to only having the LW title bout as a potential 5 rounder. If Dustin keeps it standing its hard to pick against him. He's not going to go for broke early like Chandler. I'm picking Dustin by TKO in 3rd or 4th. I think it will be a very competitive fight though.

Dustin sort of a slow starter. He wasn’t going HAM like McGregor in round 1 of fight two. Hooker was the one who came hot out of the gate for their fight. Dustin didn’t Diamond until r3-5.

Sucks for a fight with Khabib lol.

Luke? Campbell is so much worse. So juvenile.

But I actually like their show. It’s one of the best.

There’s actually a lot of quality MMA programming now.

MMA Hour, Co Main Event Podcast, Morning Kombat, Believe You Me, etc.

Y’all see Kai Kara bring the heat kicks wise :nerd: Also Dana stay ****in w/og low 1s. I remember him rocking I believe metallic red og lows back when he was doing the web show with that crazy toothless dude and din Thomas. Now mans rocking TS lows on stage:lol:

Cody's career will be neither here nor there if he loses, wouldn't mind seeing KKF win.

Always found that nickname Dan Hooker came up with Charlie Olives hilarious :lol: Can see him pulling off a submission win if he can weather the stand up barrage from Dustin.

i didnt realize how long he is, i think he keeps dustin away with the teep and if Diamond isnt careful that hook will put him on on his butt too. I just cant see dustin walking him down and putting the paws on him in the boxing. too many ways for Charlie O to counter.... i can see the first two or 3 minutes of every rd being him shuffling around calf kicking dustin and teeping him.

This guy

1639252369128.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom