The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Honestly, not that it even matters what fans think, but Woodley already lost a lot of his shine with the way he ended his MMA career. I don't think there's any more to lose (pride wise) really especially if now he's finally getting paid for it

Losing those last UFC fights like that, not winning any rounds... having Colby dominate you like that after the years of talk... I mean he lost pretty much everything lol. The tattoo thing he brought on himself, I think he's playing himself if anything

But again, to get paid like this to box a non professional... not a bad choice tbh

Apparently some or maybe all of the first round Bellator BW Tournament matchups are made

Kavanaugh almost revealed who Ghallagher's first opponent is

imo this is how the brackets should look like. I just seen High missed weight his last 2 fights :rofl:

Seems conflicting on who to put Pettis with first. Someone coming off a loss or a win? There's pros and cons to both answers. Obviously probably not Stotts, Horiguchi or Archuleta

You have to put Stotts on the opposite bracket of Pettis. You have to avoid immediate rematches as well

Gallagher/Archuleta
Horiguchi/Stotts

Pettis/Mix
Higo/Magomedov

Tyron is going to loose even worse head hunting for the 500k knockout

jake gonna stay outside and box tyrons ears off to another decision.

they playing tyron like a piano man.
Hopefully, it forces him to be more aggressive and less tentative.

People pay big money to be entertained. Him standing there isn’t giving the fans what they want. NO one is saying he needs to take brain damage.
271 going back to Houston
That Toyota Center deal paying off for them. March 19th, they’re supposed to go back to the UK. Hopefully, they sprinkle more live, crowd-filled events in there. APEX can be so boring.

This week’s card should’ve been in Brazil.
I want to see the Islam fight just to put the nail in the coffin

Kavannugh (sp) is such a clown. And if anything, they should take the Ferguson fight.

So March ppv is suppose to be the 19th in the UK? I would assume they would aim to get the masvidal/Leon fight on that card as well as paddy the buddy.

also would assume that means April card will be back in Vegas

Gunny also mentioned being on the card. Arnold Allen also wants to hop on that.

Khamzat?

They definitely could make it a big thing. I doubt Usman wants Leon in March…

Dana was just on record last week saying Usman is going to be side lined for a little bit and Leon would have to take another fight. I still believe if Leon sits long enough, khamzat will jump him for that title fight.

Ain't no way they make that a ppv in the UK loll. Think they want Darren or Aspinall to headline that.

March ppv they probably want the 35 and/or 45 titles on them.

Man Twood was champ and made millions and millions of dollars. He knew he wasnt training like he once was... he jus took the hardest fights to collect the checks and end his contract. His heart wasnt in MMA id argue since the second Wonderboy fight... once he had that life changing money he was trying to do anythingggg else. Rapping, acting, analyst work...

Bisping is saying Twood made approx EIGHT mill off the first fight.... crazyyyy. Wonder how that makes people like Colby feel? Haha

Watched both Ariel and Okamoto interviews with OMalley... the dude doesn't seem to have an act which is cool

He's not really that cocky he's actually pretty grounded. Doesn't think he's just gonna run through everyone and Yan etc. He actually hella complimentary of Yan lol

Keeps repeating he doesn't care about being ranked or fighting ranked opponents. He knows people want to watch him regardless

Still don't like his excuses about his loss to Vera but the fact that he seems so unbothered either way can't really get mad at him too much

Said he has 3 fights left on his UFC deal, 2 after this Saturday... interesting

Screenshot_20211207-142444_Twitter.jpg

Leon gettin the push :pimp:

Darren Till better be careful to get a win in his next one... might be Leon headlining the O2 for a title.

Hopefully, it forces him to be more aggressive and less tentative.
Ughhh that’s exactly what they want, this isn’t MMA….aggression usually works AGAINST your favor (teofimo was a perfect example a few weeks ago)

Jake team isn’t dumb, they offering tyron extra 500k to throw his own game plan out the window and fall directly into theirs.

they gonna make tyron brawl and they gonna box.

probably be worse than the first fight TBH

Huh? That ESPN MMA Twitter post about Jorge/Leon is months old no?

Also, Spong vs Bigfoot for Eagle FC (Khabib's promotion) USA debut?? Also, Rashad returning?? Why?

I just rewatched Max vs Poirier II and that fight was a lot closer than I remember. It could’ve gone either way.

Fight was similar to Font/Aldo this past weekend where a 4-1/5-0 doesn't tell the whole story of the fight. One had volume but the other landed much more damaging blows. That knee Max ate absolutely destroyed his face.

Wish I went to that card in Atlanta. Having that and Izzy/KG back to back is insane.

I just rewatched Max vs Poirier II and that fight was a lot closer than I remember. It could’ve gone either way.
Volume versus significant strikes. Max was taking some serious weighty punches to the dome and gut. It wasn’t close at all.

All that pitter patter only works when the opponent is overwhelmed. If the opponent is smart a la Volk, it results in the first fight. I do give Max the edge in the second. But it was definitely close.

Max wouldve gotten destroyed if he fought Khabib.
Fight was similar to Font/Aldo this past weekend where a 4-1/5-0 doesn't tell the whole story of the fight. One had volume but the other landed much more damaging blows. That knee Max ate absolutely destroyed his face.

Wish I went to that card in Atlanta. Having that and Izzy/KG back to back is insane.
This

Volume versus significant strikes. Max was taking some serious weighty punches to the dome and gut. It wasn’t close at all.

All that pitter patter only works when the opponent is overwhelmed. If the opponent is smart a la Volk, it results in the first fight. I do give Max the edge in the second. But it was definitely close.

Max wouldve gotten destroyed if he fought Khabib.

This
Plenty of times Holloway overwhelmed poirier, hell even dropped him in the first (I’m not sure how this wasn’t a knockdown, but I’m also unaware if they score a knockdown the same as boxing). However i still gave poirier the first two rds because of the sheer damage he delivered. I’d say it was even w/ the fifth being the toss up and that was too close to call.

Strange, cuz the initial time I watched it I remember clearly poirier winning. But after rewatching it today, I had a hard time scoring.

Back
Top Bottom