The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think it’s one part an F U to Nate, especially after his comments/behavior. And Khamzat headlining (with a marquee name) hopefully gets a rub. By his antics. The destruction. He’s got next. UFC already pick their next “ IT” guy.

Did not expect them to give Sean such a high ranked guy. Most other guys in top 10 are booked though. Wonder if he restructured his deal or the UFC gave him a secret bonus. If DC is to be believed some of the higher profile guys are getting these type of backroom bonus' under the table or at least outside of the public's knowledge. Was listening to part of his Pivot Pod appearance and its been really interesting so far. I know he's a company man so not sure you can take everything he says as 100% fact but no doubt some guys are getting bonus' we don't ever hear about.

O’Malley 1000% got a new deal and higher pay

I don’t think O’Malley has looked good nor comfortable against other strikers in Vera and muhnoz

The size and reach difference is going to be funny

Yan is going to blast those calf kicks

Doods always been getting taken care of on the “back end”

Thats why most guys aren’t complaining about fighter pay, it’s usually the fighters on their first contract and MMA media

Most fighters aren’t complaining

When’s the last time a fight didn’t get made because of money/contract? The ONLY time I can remember was when dana was trying to bring Fedor over and supposedly they wanted ownership % (like conor wanted) and ultimately priced themselves out

Aside from that…..can’t think of someone NOT getting paid

I could be forgetting…but chime in

Last edited:
The UFC didn’t give conor a % like he wanted, but they allowed him to take the Mayweather fight and carve out a huge chunk for himself.

I never got the narrative the UFC doesn’t pay their fighters, I just don’t think most people understand how much it costs in LOGISTICS to keep a TRAVELING SHOW on the road every week, I’m willing to bet the majority of profits the company makes goes to logistics and keeping these shows moving every week….

Professional sports teams OWN arenas their players play, the UFC has to pack up, ship and rent almost every single venue….across the globe, thats kinda wild when you think about it

Idk man, a lot of smart people have looked into how much the ufc was and is making and it’s sounding pretty concrete that fighters aren’t paid relatively speaking

The best of the best get taken care of for sure but the majority don’t

Especially once you consider the espn deal they signed. They’re like printing money

I think a lot of fighters don’t complain because they have limited or no other options for a career

Idk man, a lot of smart people have looked into how much the ufc was and is making and it’s sounding pretty concrete that fighters aren’t paid relatively speaking

Especially once you consider the espn deal they signed. They’re like printing money

I think a lot of fighters don’t complain because they have limited or no other options for a career
Only doods I really see complaining are the guys already on big contracts wanting bigger contracts?

Am I wrong?

Seriously MMA fans/media key board warriors gripe about pay more than the fighters, which tells me we don’t know everything about the pay situation.

If doods was so unhappy with the pay they would just not fight, or go somewhere that paid better?

U can’t compare NBA salary to a MMA fighters salaray

30k for 15 minutes pretty legit as a gig worker seeing as doods is contractors

Last edited:
The fighters don't complain out loud because they're afraid of the consequences. We've already heard all the stories from the Joe Silva days about how they'd press fighters on contracts.

And the major point you've been missing is it's about what the fighters are worth comparedto what they give. 18% shared revenue for a major sports promotion/league that's worth a billion is scummy ****.
Only doods I really see complaining are the guys already on big contracts wanting bigger contracts?

Am I wrong?

Seriously MMA fans/media key board warriors gripe about pay more than the fighters, which tells me we don’t know everything about the pay situation.

If doods was so unhappy with the pay they would just not fight, or go somewhere that paid better?

U can’t compare NBA salary to a MMA fighters salaray

30k for 15 minutes pretty legit as a gig worker seeing as doods is contractors

But how much are they spending to unpack, roll out, set up, deconstruct, pack up and ship the whole set literally around the world up EVERY SINGLE WEEK? On top of the promotion/advertising.

Take into account what a fighter has to pay for his training camp, travel, and taxes

I mean personal expense is on the individual fighter though

I’m sure some guys don’t spend much and I’m sure guys spend way too much.

The more you spend doesn’t necessarily equate to better performances, it’s really based on that fighters team/system

If you’re a guy like bryce mitchell who got his whole system in house, he’s probably not spending as much just training hard

Now if you’re joe blow at ATT they gonna take you for all your money, is that the UFC fault or ATT?

Unpack and rolling out? :rofl::rofl:

Bruh they have more fights at the APEX now a days and that's not going away. That week to week tour is long gone. They made 5.1 billion in revenue last year. Up 46 percent from the previous year and we still have fighters making 10/10.

Anyone who loves combat sports should want fighters to get paid as much as they can. Otherwise you obviously watch because the 3 letters of the promo

My boy from B school left the strategy group - I’ve posted numerous times about fighter pay and how the ops are ran - it’s a joke. Should get him to post on here

Back
Top Bottom