The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I mean it's fight week and he's at heavyweight. All the preparation and game plannings been done. Most the pad work, cardio, sauna stuff fighters do this week is to cut the remaining lbs they have left til tomorrow.

Don't know why they stopped having the open workouts on fight week in Vegas though. I know they had them in Brazil and Perth the past 2 ppvs.

I would take anything he does fight week with a grain of salt. It'll be interesting to see how he moves with all this weight though. His last few fights he was already fighting more slowly and careful on the feet. Had some trouble cutting Reyes and Santos off in their fights too.

If Jon is really dealing with bad injuries I don’t think he’d still fight. His legacy is very important to him as you can see by him taking shots any time p4p comes up

His pride is something else and through the roof

Other than that, yeah of course his joints and body is beat up lol. Hes getting older and now has much more weight on him

If he pulls out between now and Saturday then I’ll give Chael credit but other than that he’s an idiot

Embedded 4.. and still no clips of Jon training? wth is going on.. lol
All I’ve seen is him getting his hair cut, swimming and eating.

I just keep seeing him putting down Cereal Gain’s ability, etc. Cereal the only one we seeing training footage from.

Speaking of Uncle Chael:

If Jon is really dealing with bad injuries I don’t think he’d still fight. His legacy is very important to him as you can see by him taking shots any time p4p comes up

His pride is something else and through the roof

Other than that, yeah of course his joints and body is beat up lol. Hes getting older and now has much more weight on him

If he pulls out between now and Saturday then I’ll give Chael credit but other than that he’s an idiot
I don’t think Jon would pull from this fight.

I’m worried that he’s going to go in there injured because he can’t afford another bailout on a big promised card like this, and lose to someone he could possibly best in full health.

We’ll see.. wondering if the post fight speech will include the words “I came into this fight injured-“ at some point.

I mean it's fight week and he's at heavyweight. All the preparation and game plannings been done. Most the pad work, cardio, sauna stuff fighters do this week is to cut the remaining lbs they have left til tomorrow.

Don't know why they stopped having the open workouts on fight week in Vegas though. I know they had them in Brazil and Perth the past 2 ppvs.

I would take anything he does fight week with a grain of salt. It'll be interesting to see how he moves with all this weight though. His last few fights he was already fighting more slowly and careful on the feet. Had some trouble cutting Reyes and Santos off in their fights too.
Dawg we’re even seeing Gane clips of him training. I think it’s accurate to say Jon is keeping his training abnormally low, or he’s purposefully only training when cameras aren’t around.

Even in earlier clips when we saw him in the gym in NM, we only saw some ab workouts and some other bs. No serious training or sparring that I recall.

I don’t think Jon would pull from this fight.

I’m worried that he’s going to go in there injured because he can’t afford another bailout on a big promised card like this, and lose to someone he could possibly best in full health.

We’ll see.. wondering if the post fight speech will include the words “I came into this fight injured-“ at some point.
Jon is set for life and has sat out for years. Bailing out of a fight would do nothing to him

He can afford any and everything but not a loss. That’s the only thing that can hurt him

Dawg we’re even seeing Gane clips of him training. I think it’s accurate to say Jon is keeping his training abnormally low, or he’s purposefully only training when cameras aren’t around.

Even in earlier clips when we saw him in the gym in NM, we only saw some ab workouts and some other bs. No serious training or sparring that I recall.
Wasn’t he wrestling in the countdown? I thought he did

What? There's clips of him throwing around Walt Harris. And I'm pretty sure the pool isn't something new with Jones. I could've sworn I've seen hik use it multiple fight weeks as cardio.

Is this is getting brought up cause of what Chael tweeted or said in a video? Yall know even Chael doesn't believe most of the **** he says :lol:

No, I take everything Chael says with a massive grain of salt.

but are you really taking the stance that we’re seeing a normal amount of training footage from Jon’s training camp? :lol:

I have a hard time picking Jons healthy let alone injured. Dude been inactive for such a long time and trying to fight a dude that has been active and solid like Gane is crazy ....

I'm still rooting for him ...

On a side note, I know a lot of you love fat boy ... but I have never liked his ***. Dude is super fake and hypocrite....

Throwback to how self centered and ***** he really is.

No, I take everything Chael says with a massive grain of salt.

but are you really taking the stance that we’re seeing a normal amount of training footage from Jon’s training camp? :lol:
Normal in comparison to what? Other fighters or his old fights? Because honestly I don't remember how much content he'd put out during his old camps. Didnt Cejudo's put out a bunch of training camp sessions on his channel past few weeks?

Injury angle just dont make sense. Like Vince said, what does he have to gain from coming back compromised and at a disadvantage already? He canceled a whole *** ppv (UFC 151) because he didn't want to take Chael as a short notice replacement without being prepared.

Man's also known to troll and try to play mind games all fight week with his opponents.

FWIW, I got Gane winning this fight.

Just off the way I see Jon getting the GOAT push all over social media, I kinda feel like it's almost guaranteed he's about to take an L now.

If he was fighting Francis I'd bet the house on him getting KO'ed. Against Gane though, there's definitely a chance Jones can just outwrestle him to get the win, we already saw Francis do it, with a torn ACL at that.

IF Cyril can keep it standing though I think he sparks Jon, Jon doesn't have the huge size advatage that he had at 205 anymore and he couldn't bust a grape at LHW in the stand-up anyway, I don't see the added weight suddenly resulting in more power. On top of that, if Francis and Tai couldn't knock Gane out I'm thinking it's nearly impossible Jones makes that happen on the feet.

Either Jon manages to control Gane with his grappling enough to get the decision, or he loses a stand up fight and possibly gets KOed.

Some people on the internet are saying Cereal has a hurt hand.

And Jon “Bone” Jones might not be only a nickname based on what Chael is alleging smh.

Watching a few interviews... Jones bringing up Jesus God and Christ when someone alludes to his cheating or out of the ring activities is Eerie as ****. I really think he's a real psychopath through and through.
I actually think that is just the persona of some religious people. I wouldn’t call them a psychopath. I have friends that like sold drugs back in the days, drank like a fish and slept with anything that had a pulse but when it came to say Christmas Mass and other such things, they were always there preaching the gospel.

And when DC was a fighter, a ton of people hated him…including me.

Jon is absolutely a psycho

He’s committed bad crimes and speaks like a ****ing nut job
100% Narcissist and psychotic. The arrest in Vegas. The recorded police stop. Hit and run with a pregnant woman. If he’s so religious and moral, why he ain’t marry old girl?

I separate the man from the “artist.”

As far as DC, he works with kids. Gives back to his team, the sport, etc. I don’t know why we got bring up DC to deflect from Jon or detract from Jon

Back
Top Bottom