The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Id say most likely
That’s probably why ufc hasn’t confirmed that yet

I mean it makes sense to put their BIGGEST money maker ever to fight at 300
Devils advocate putting conor on 300 is diminishing returns

Assuming they load 300 then including conor on it may only be able to squeeze out a limited additional amount of buys

Conor on any other ppv is still going to sell quite a bit where they’d make even more money and buys… plus still have 300 do gang busters

Assuming they load 300 then including conor on it may only be able to squeeze out a limited additional amount of buys

Conor on any other ppv is still going to sell quite a bit where they’d make even more money and buys… plus still have 300 do gang busters

I agree with this - you don’t need other stars on a Conor card. UFC wasn’t as big when they did 200 and put Brock on it. Not necessary now.

Put Conor on a FN at this point 😂😂😂

Doesn’t matter the why that’s irrelevant to what I was saying
It’s relevant to what I was saying.

They’re both Uber talented technical fighters who have a tendency to fight in a very conservative fashion that had them labeled as boring at one time or another.

Leon Edwards is easily one of the best pound for pound for pound fighters in the sport today. He may even be the best.

So the idea that he’s unworthy to be on the UFC 300 card is puzzling to me.

It follows a troubling historical trend in the UFC.

And just to be clear, I’ve been critical of Leon’s style in the past.

…as was of GSP’s during his reign.

Yeah, I doubt Conor is on 300. They won't add anyone collecting ppv points on a Conor card unless they absolutely have to.

Alex vs Izzy 3 would be a good main event for 300 imo.

It’s a fight I really want to see.

What other fight would make a bigger splash for the main event?

Jon vs Stipe?

Don’t forget Dana for damn sure doesn’t want to pay out any extra ppv points to fighters on the main card if he doesn’t have to. Conor won’t be on 300 :lol:

^^^They usually put Conor on PPVs by himself as the main event. It's already high pay; why would they make it worse on themselves? Plus they still have to fill out cards post 300.

And just to be clear, I’ve been critical of Leon’s style in the past.

…as was of GSP’s during his reign.
The math ain't mathing. Like Druski said, IMA stand on bidness. GSP top five dead or alive. UDs or not.

Also Islam is probably the best pound for pound fighter in UFC. Probably why he wants to dethrone another P4P guy. Can't accuse him of weight bullying either.

Alex vs Izzy 3 would be a good main event for 300 imo.

It’s a fight I really want to see.

What other fight would make a bigger splash for the main event?

Jon vs Stipe?
Honestly, with who's available, there really isn't a big blockbuster fight that feels big to the mainstream that could headline 300. I think they just put 3 title fights (LHW,LW, and SW) and a bunch big names like Dustin, Bo, etc. To fill out the rest.

I think Khamzat most likely headlines the Saudi card so I doubt we seem him on it too.

^^^They usually put Conor on PPVs by himself as the main event. It's already high pay; why would they make it worse on themselves? Plus they still have to fill out cards post 300.

The math ain't mathing. Like Druski said, IMA stand on bidness. GSP top five dead or alive. UDs or not.

Also Islam is probably the best pound for pound fighter in UFC. Probably why he wants to dethrone another P4P guy. Can't accuse him of weight bullying either.
If Islam moves up to welterweight, Leon would wup that *** imo.

It’s relevant to what I was saying.

They’re both Uber talented technical fighters who have a tendency to fight in a very conservative fashion that had them labeled as boring at one time or another.

Leon Edwards is easily one of the best pound for pound for pound fighters in the sport today. He may even be the best.

So the idea that he’s unworthy to be on the UFC 300 card is puzzling to me.

It follows a troubling historical trend in the UFC.
Right I agree with almost everything you’re saying. But clearly Gsp was more well received by fans than Leon is

Leon is a bore and not an exciting fighter on top of not being a hit with non UK fans. This is why he is not the prototypical 300 fighter

Is it safe to say that Mcgregor and chandler will be on 300?
I think so

he entered the testing pool October 8th

6 months would be March 8th and UFC 300 is March 13th

:emoji_eyes:

Connor on 300 would do over 1M PPV buys, they haven't done 1M in a long time.

giphy.gif

Right I agree with almost everything you’re saying. But clearly Gsp was more well received by fans than Leon is

Leon is a bore and not an exciting fighter on top of not being a hit with non UK fans. This is why he is not the prototypical 300 fighter
GSP was Batroc the leaper in MCU.

GSP is probably friends with Drake.

GSP has nine title defenses (though some might argue he lost his Hendricks fight).

GSP won the WW title twice and also won the MW title.

GSP didn't lose a moral victory to a Diaz brother.

Leon and Belal will never be fan favorites. Headshot, dead.

Back
Top Bottom