The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Don't blame TJ at all.

dude is the champ and if he feels that Ludwig got him to where he is..he needs to stay with him to continue being champion.

so does cruz hate TJ less since he's no longer TAM? :lol:

Ludwig on the fighter and kid podcast acting like he's god...if dude has it figured out why couldn't he do ish as a fighter...

Cruz just wants his bekt, no beef with alpha male really just faber.

But I can see tj and Ludwig talkin nonsense and thats why cruz was heated on the mma hour weeks bsck

He's not a bad guy, I just find him really annoying. Maybe I do hate him a little bit :lol: . I'm a Dominic Cruz fan so that helps to not like him. Plus he was trying to talk trash to Cruz saying he has a dumb widow's peak and his hair looks dumb with gel in it. Like really, that's the best you got? As a person that also has a widow's peak I took offense to that lame insult.

:lol: :lol:

But really brah, you shouldn't be outchea just irrationally hating on a fighter :nerd:

Paige keeps looking more fine the more I see her. cody probably got tired of her and is flourishing with all the mma groupies.

Faber lowkey went in on TJ

"He's talking about how it's an amazing opportunity money-wise or whatever," Faber says. "Pfff, you gotta be kidding me, dude. You could dedicate yourself to mowing lawns for Sanchez Carlino's business and make the same amount of money if you do it full time."

"I come to find out later there's a guy Leister or something like that. He's a recruiter or wrestling coach or something like that who has been talking to Cody [Garbrandt] and trying to get Cody to come out," Faber contends. "Basically trying to chicken hawk guys and apparently there's an article where he said something like, 'I had a heart-to-heart with T.J.,' granted, he's worked with him half of one camp - 'and I told him it's about time you do something for yourself. It's about time you do something selfish.'

"We all know T.J.," Faber continues. "He gives back to the team, but he's also about no. 1. And I'm thinking, 'Who the hell is this guy who's giving him life advice and barely knows him, that he needs to do something for himself and come train with him?'"

'The California Kid' most notably took issue with Dillashaw's allegedly stated hope to be able to train with Team Alpha Male when in town on visits or for intermitent periods. For Faber, that's a non-starter.

"When you have a family environment, you have people that have different little issues. T.J.'s thing has been that he has a bad temper and he hurts people in practice and does stuff. He's got a temper and doesn't hold back sometimes," Faber notes.

"I'm like, 'It doesn't make sense for you to come in and spar with our guys,'" Faber says he explained.

"I heard T.J. say he gotten taken care of better in college than he does here, whatever that means. That's ridiculous.

"He said he wants to come back and be a part of our team, but he made a big boy decision. He walked away from the family that brought him up, the guys who were a big part of his success."

"Friendship's a different thing. If we want to maintain a friendship that's built through actions, I'm OK with being friends with the guy. We've been really close. We've lived in the same house together when he was going through rough times. He's been a sidekick to me whenever I went through all of my training," Faber says. "We were grooming him to be a champion. If he wants to be friends, I have no problem being friends and told him that.

"It doesn't make sense, from now on, because of this tiny amount of money in the big scheme of things that he's going to go represent another team, send the message to our team that what we have isn't good enough because even in college he had a better situation than us.

"T.J. just said he wants to walk away from the team. That doesn't mean you get to come in here and help coach the guys when he's really going to be watching to see a little opening here or there."

"Honestly, T.J. came over to my house. We sat down for an hour, I showed him my house, we hung out, reminisced. I told him we can't be meshing the team with what he wants to do now.

"'Dude, to be honest, brother, it's been a huge distraction. Everybody's been talking just about this,'" he recalls telling him. "This is what people have been talking about. We're trying to focus and everything is about T.J. bouncing on our team."

"I'm like, 'T.J., it's a distraction. I understand that we are your family and you feel like we're losing something, but that's not my decision, dude. That's not the decision that I made. If you'd like to actually say, 'Hey, I'm going to stay here.' Dude, open arms. You're welcome to do it.'"

"From him making a business decision to go somewhere he feels is going to be better for him, that's not the right message for the championship team I'm trying to build. That's not the right message for the little kids to see someone you built into a champion and then he walks away. That's not a right message when you're letting him come in and spar guys when he loses self control and actually injures people sometimes.

"Friendship is a different thing and that's through actions. You earn that over time and I would say that T.J. is my friend. I hope he beats the s--t out of Dominick Cruz because I don't like Dominick Cruz. I like T.J. But he made a decision to walk away and that's a big boy decision. It's gotta be cut and dry."

"Am I going to see him at Joseph [Benavidez]'s wedding this weekend? Yes! If he wants to have a barbecue and invite me on the boat, may I go out there? Maybe. Is he my best friend? I would say I have best friends that would never walk away like that. I wouldn't say it's a great friend move to do some of the things he's done recently.

"You want to build a friendship from this point on, I'm open to that, but at this point, it's you're this team, I'm this team. You know all the secrets thus far, but you don't know all the secrets of every individual on this team. I'm not going to have him in there trying to find those things out. You know he's the most competitive guy we've met.

"We just know T.J. and it's not a comfortable situation for him to be trying to act like he still wants to be a part of our team, but give all the credit [elsewhere]."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/...-about-t-j-dillashaw-departure-he-walked-away

Last edited:
Damn. All of them need to get over it. They're not married, he just switched gyms. Has there ever been this much drama over a guy switching camps? He was the only champ there so they're probably salty he gives a lot of credit to ludwig.

Damn. All of them need to get over it. They're not married, he just switched gyms. Has there ever been this much drama over a guy switching camps? He was the only champ there so they're probably salty he gives a lot of credit to ludwig.
I think it just speaks to how their gym is different than 99% of other gyms. All about being family and sticking together. Well at least that's how Faber sees it

Can't wait to see Cody or Mendes shake 
laugh.gif
 Faber would commit that

faber's favorite movies are probably those garbage fast and furious movies. Probably tears up when they say "family". It is good that the fighters become close friends but he's making it sound like the mob where you can never leave.

All I got from that article was "Is he my best friend?"

And in my mind I'm thinking that Urijah like "He just went from my number 2 to my number 10 best friend"

Ludwig on the fighter and kid podcast acting like he's god...if dude has it figured out why couldn't he do ish as a fighter...

Cruz just wants his bekt, no beef with alpha male really just faber.

But I can see tj and Ludwig talkin nonsense and thats why cruz was heated on the mma hour weeks bsck

Doesn't really mean anything.

He does know a lot and he's an amazing coach, he just couldn't apply it in the ring.

Dude fought professionally, so he still technically made it as a fighter.

He does know a lot and he's an amazing coach, he just couldn't apply it in the ring.
Great/elite athletes tend not to make great/elite coaches/GMs, and vice versa. It's truly rare to have success in both aspects of the sport.

Can't wait to see Cody or Mendes shake :lol: Faber would commit that
Garbrandt probably never will. Cody/Faber seem even closer in terms of mentor-ship, even more than Urijah/T.J. ever were. Peep what Garbrandt does for Maddux, 9-year-old leukemia survivor.

Edit:
View media item 1742880View media item 1742881
Cody just seems like a loyal/sentimental guy. Plus the TAM guys do everything together: Boating, partying, appearances, etc.

Would love to see Faber in Cody's corner in 2016 vs. Dillashaw with Bang for the strap.

Connor musta put a hex on Cody cuz he stupid for letting that joint go..
I don't consider it stupid when an athlete chooses/sacrifices to hone his craft and make a run at the title. While probably still smashing PVZ on the side, without a title/commitment.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised at all if they still smashing. Going cold turkey while still seeing each other at the gym seems unlikely

She's cute but damn not a Goddess. Fighting at straw weight makes it tough to have meat

Just because you couldn't perform on the field doesn't mean you can't be a great coach. The greatest coaches were not the greatest athletes 

Last edited:
^
I remember marc laimon was saying something about that when someone criticized his coaching because he never fought in mma. He used phil jackson as an example even though he had no idea phil also played in the nba and won a championship.

^
I remember marc laimon was saying something about that when someone criticized his coaching because he never fought in mma. He used phil jackson as an example even though he had no idea phil also played in the nba and won a championship.
Phil was never an All-Star and was never an exceptional pro player. He was a reserve player known for energy

The point being you don't have to be the cream of the crop as an athlete to be a great coach

Last edited:
^

Phil was never an All-Star and was never an exceptional pro player. He was a reserve player known for energy

The point being you don't have to be the cream of the crop as an athlete to be a great coach

I don't think he was disagreeing with you, more just pointing out a stupid comment by Laimon.

Save your energy famb for when Frankie and Conor take back to back losses, cause this thread gonna turn up to levels unseen on NT 8)

Meth gonna have to call in the Yuku Wizard for back up

Last edited:
Lol I don't care about Frankie but Rusty you better not ghost if Aldo takes that L. I need to see your 7 stages of grief 

Last edited:
^

Well laimon's point was you didn't have to participate in the sport to be a good coach but used a bad example since phil did actually play.

Marc Laimon is such a lame doe. Serra used to shade ole boy so much :lol:

I've met dude a couple times actually, and his cornball aura just seems to fill the room

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom