The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Whether silva won more rounds or not, he didn't "deserve" to win that fight if that makes sense.

It's 2016 man. He's 40 years old. Gotta stop playing around, get gritty, utilize the Muay Thai clinch and finish see fights.

He doesn't deserve to win even though he won more rounds? Thats a bit of a paradox don't you think? Haha

Silva lost the decision, but CLEARLY won the fight. Even after getting knocked down, he gave Bisping a couple up kicks for good measure. That flying knee was a thing of beauty. Silva saw Herb start to get in between them so naturally he thought the fight was over. I'm sure that adrenaline dump was a mofo.

I think I understand what he's saying, maybe because Anderson fooled around too much. But overall I think he won. Not a robbery by means though

I feel like there have been several fights already in 2016 with the points vs damage argument.

Bisping won more rounds IMO but silva CLEARLY did more damage.

Silva lost the decision, but CLEARLY won the fight. Even after getting knocked down, he gave Bisping a couple up kicks for good measure. That flying knee was a thing of beauty. Silva saw Herb start to get in between them so naturally he thought the fight was over. I'm sure that adrenaline dump was a mofo.

I was thinking the same thing about the adrenaline dump.

I thought this was vintage Spider. I rather enjoyed his nerve wrecking style. His parry's were a thing of beauty once again. His chin isn't the same, one could argue, but he recovered like a 20 year old. Not to mention He also KO'd Bisbing with that flying knee at the end of the third. But herb messed that up.

Human error, man. How long until we see robotic refs that can read vital signs, brain wave activity and heart rates to determine consciousness activity. An OS that is mistake proof would be sweet lol.

I'm still trippin on how Anderson got staggered and hurt in the first and just straight out dropped in the second round by MICHAEL BISPING. There's a reason dude was so gun shy for most of the fight, his chin definitely ain't what it used to be and I think he knows it.

Having said that, he actually looked really sharp at times, dude is still dangerous but he's never gonna be the same again. If he fights a guy with real power there's a good chance he's either gonna knock them out or get knocked out. Or just stall and not engage the whole fight.

Bisping fought tough tho, worked hard and he deserved his win, props to that guy.

This might as well have been a farewell fight for the both of them, especially Bisping. Maybe Andy gets an easy one in Brazil and calls it a day. It's so wild though because I still remember Anderson first coming to the UFC destroying Chris Leben, and Bisping winning the ultimate fighter back in the day. Now they're both old heads on the way out. Crazy how time flies.

people are talking about his chin but its not as bad as people are making it

he took a lot of those shots that he braced for just fine

its when he's rolling and off balance that he's exposed, it could happen to anyone and its exactly what happened to him against weidman

Last edited:

Honestly don't know if he had much more to give, he's up there in age. We seem to be forgetting that
true. you can see he just doesn't quite have it anymore (obviously) but he's still trying the same ****

one of the best but time to hang it up

Link to that hardy breakdown you spoke of earlier??
My fault, I don't have it but he basically said maybe Anderson feels the pressure of always being flamboyant and flashy for the fans and to score a spectacular KO. There was more to it but I forget all of what he said

When will people stop saying Silva needs to utilize his Muay Thai? The Muay Thai camp they are from in Brazil doesn't teach or train real Thai boxing, not even his clench is real Muay Thai. Glorified TKD with a bunch of hand movement and sloppy subpar head movement.

Once people saw that if you could get past his reach you could hurt him, it was a wrap.

Last edited:
Damn man, I really have to understand these UK time zones. I just missed this damn fight and only heard of who won on FB right now, this is trash man, I heard it was a great fight too. Hot damn man. *********!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised by the outcome. Anderson might be shot.

Last edited:
people are talking about his chin but its not as bad as people are making it

he took a lot of those shots that he braced for just fine

its when he's rolling and off balance that he's exposed, it could happen to anyone and its exactly what happened to him against weidman

When Bisping staggered Anderson in the first it wasn't a balance issue, Anderson was standing square in front of him trading shots and got caught with a straight right hand. The knockdown in the 2nd wasn't a balance knockdown either, it was Bisping catching him with that same counter straight and he couldn't handle it. That stuff just doesn't happen to him in his prime, Bisping is pillow fisted. His chin just ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:
what are you taking about, im watching the clip right now, hes off balance the whole time

he leans back from the kick, he leans back from the faint, he leans back from the left hook, he leans back barely avoiding the right but gets clipped by the left, OFF BALANCE

what are we talking about? and even when he did get rocked, he realized it and kept his head forward the whole time even throwing the up kick

watch what happens when hes got his hands down and hes leaning forward in bispings face, its a different story

Last edited:
what are you taking about, im watching the clip right now, hes off balance the whole time

he leans back from the kick, he leans back from the faint, he leans back from the left hook, he leans back barely avoiding the right but gets clipped by the left, OFF BALANCE

what are we talking about? and even when he did get rocked, he realized it and kept his head forward the whole time even throwing the up kick

watch what happens when hes got his hands down and hes leaning forward in bispings face, its a different story

Watched it again, In the second round with 38 seconds left he caught with a counter left straight while trading shots with Bisping that buckled his knees as soon as it hit, which is why he went down. You could argue getting hurt in the first was Anderson being off balance, looking at the slow mo it looks like Bisping missed that last punch, but in the second he just got sat down. And if Bisping can sit him down then pretty much anybody at middleweight can sit him down now. His chin ain't the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom