The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

My brain says Usman but my gut says Jorge. Especially after listening to Ariel's interview with him.

My brain says Usman but my gut says Jorge. Especially after listening to Ariel's interview with him.
Not going to lie, after that interview I was second guessing going hard on that Usman line.. but after hearing DC talk about his convo with Usman right when the deal went down and show what state of mind he's in for Saturday, I'm back on Usman :lol:

I do need to rewatch that Woodley fight and see if he walked thru any big shots. Cuz walking thru Colby's pillow hands definitely ain't the same as walking thru Jorge

They tried to front on that man then used his catch phrase in the title of the promo :lol:

Usman probably got a better pay day out of this too. Good for both of them.

Not going to lie, after that interview I was second guessing going hard on that Usman line.. but after hearing DC talk about his convo with Usman right when the deal went down and show what state of mind he's in for Saturday, I'm back on Usman :lol:

I do need to rewatch that Woodley fight and see if he walked thru any big shots. Cuz walking thru Colby's pillow hands definitely ain't the same as walking thru Jorge
Hahah yeah that DC story about Usman got me :lol:. He also confirmed the Marty story

They put together a new countdown editing out all the Burns talk from Usman and put in some Masvidal material in a couple days? I miss the UFC Primetime vids they used to do before big fights.

If Usman comes in 100% dedicated to grappling he’s gonna maul Jorge. Similar to a Khabib/Conor type situation imo.

But if he tries to get cute and keep it standing then it can definitely go left.

I for one want to see him do what he does best, hopefully he didn’t let the Colby fight get to his head

Bro. In Abu Dhabi? I hope he stands and bangs.

You were talking all that sweet stuff in Miami. Back it up.

I hope Jesus slips through the TDD. Don’t over think this. Be a savage. Or else you’re going to be a victims of lay and pray.

I hope it’s a shocker of a night. PVZ steals the win and bounces. Max gets his belt back. And Aldo wins his second belt ...setting up a fight with Aljo.

NINTCHDBPICT000594168043.jpg

Bro. In Abu Dhabi? I hope he stands and bangs.

You were talking all that sweet stuff in Miami. Back it up.

I hope Jesus slips through the TDD. Don’t over think this. Be a savage. Or else you’re going to be a victims of lay and pray.

I hope it’s a shocker of a night. PVZ steals the win and bounces. Max gets his belt back. And Aldo wins his second belt ...setting up a fight with Aljo.

I'm not understanding what Abu Dhabi has to do with anything

But anyway, I don't remember ever hearing Usman say he was gonna beat Jorge standing up. He just said he was gonna beat him. Doing him the same way he did Woodley works fine.

Standing and trading with a dude who's clearly one of the best strikers in the division if not the sport, when he's just a wrestler who's improving on his standup, is essentially the dumbest strategy possible.

I definitely don't remember seeing anybody begging Khabib to stand and trade with Conor, and they talked hella ****. So I have no idea why the rules would be different for Usman. I'd be satisfied in watching him do what he does best, and Jorge attempt to do the same, just like with Khabib and Conor.

Sidebar: Definitely looking forward to Aldo/Yan and Max/Volkanovski. I think I remember one of Aldo's guys saying Aldo used to torch Yan in sparring so it's gonna be real interesting to see if he's still got it or if Yan made a leap since then. And Max not sparring at all and just Zoom training is wild. But dude is always game so I'm curious to see if he can still pull it off or if Volkanovski is gonna be running **** for awhile. First card in a minute that I'm actually hype for

Last edited:
Jorge is playing the social media game. No different then Conor. He knows what he is doing. And honestly it couldn’t be happening to a more suitable fighter.

Back
Top Bottom