The most iconic AND1 kicks ever...

Hi guys,
I'm trying to build up an And1 kicks collection, and I was wondering what would be your Top 5 list as the most iconic kicks ever released aside from theTAICHI.

While most of us would love to have some of these retro-ed, I would like to know your top picks so far..

For me, I'm picking in no particular order:
- Rekanize
- Sprewell
- Skip To My Lou
- Standing O
- Tochillin

'Appreciate if you guys can post pics of your choices too. Thanks.
smile.gif

P.S.
If there's already a previous thread similar to this (i.e. what're the best And1 kicks of all time), feel free to direct me there instead.
wink.gif

Mad Game, 1st shoe with Harmonix and 3M exterior, and Garnett's first model with the company. Proved they were a Sig. shoe player (at the time).

and1_mad_game_silver_3.jpg
Thanks, pickyoursshoes.com, for the picture.

basketball_shoes_and1_quest_blue_509w.jpg

And 1 Quest

AND_1_Desire_Mid.jpg

And 1 Desire

And1_Silky_Smooth_centr.jpg

And 1 Silky Smooth

These three always stand out in my mind (along with the Tai Chis). Probably because I was in junior high and And 1 was at their peak around that time.

Chosen 1 Mid

These kicks were so comfortable, it was ridiculous; I might go looking for another pair...

f00qdf.jpg

I always had love for the And1 Spree Mid, and the And1 Starbury from 2003. The And1 Quest was a serious shoe.

Not the best looking, but the Starburys deserved to get mentioned since they were the first
35b6wk9.jpg

Originally Posted by DemonX716

Not the best looking, but the Starburys deserved to get mentioned since they were the first
35b6wk9.jpg

Classics in my opinion. I heard nothing but good things about this shoe performance wise.

Off the top, aside from Tai Chis?

- Starbury (all silver colorway): First signature shoe out of AND1
- Mad Game (Black/Orange Sprewell colorway): First AND1 shoe with air cushioning technology (Harmonix) and endorsed by Spree who was huge at the time
- Tochillin: Best-selling AND1 shoe of all-time and was the shoe that created the whole "pre/post game" category in the industry
- KG II: Garnett signature. Iridescent patent leather tips. Sick design.

I'm sure there's others, but those stick out the most after the Tai Chis....

I would add one of my personals faves- the Rise mid.
I remember back in the day when those came out, my most of my school team wore those- the white and red ones.

loved the quests! had 2 pairs before. had an chaffing in the achilles but after a few more wearing they were good

Thanks for your opinions guys. Looks like the Quests, Starburys, Silky Smooths, Mad Games, and Sprewells get lotsa love.
smile.gif

Silky Smooths were the only ones I ever had. I got them for 8th grade basketball and my coach liked them so much he made them the team shoe. I would have neverconsidered them an "iconic" And1 shoe though. I actually ended up hating them. At first I thought they just needed to be worn to feel good but itseemed like they never got broken in (and I wore them the whole season). I was all Nike after that.

Quest, Chosen 1, and TaiChi are the three that immediately come to mind when I think And1.

Were the Tochillin' really that hot? I never once saw them in person and always thought they looked fugly, but I'll take your word for it if you saythey are the best selling of all time.

^Yeah, Tochillins are the single best selling-shoe in AND1 company history. If you remember when they came out, it was billed as a warm up pre/post gamesneaker for ballers and really launched that category in footwear. Other companies tried some lines on that angle, but AND1 was the first and that shoe sold aton. I'd imagine Tai Chi's have to be up there too...

Not going to lie, one of the TOP reasons I ever even check back in this forum is because I'm quietly hoping to read a title along these lines: "And-1to retro Tochillin!!"

Mad Games and Quests were dope looking shoes, so were the chosen 1s. First time I've ever seen those.

Back
Top Bottom