The most special Championships your team has won?

The guaranteed Championship by Riles in 88.

The first championship in the 3peat for the Lakers in 2000.

Although, they're not my team anymore but the 49ers Super Bowl victory over the Bengals and they're Super Bowl victory over the Broncos. Nothingpleases me more than watching John Elway get denied by Joe Montana.

My bills 4 straight AFC championships
pimp.gif
smfh .................

other than the Yanks who i really dont care much for and baseball in general for that matter, it has never happened for me either.

but my favorite playoff run ever was the 99 Knicks, yes we lost but that was the greatest run i have ever witnessed.

The #8 seed with an old Ewing, barely made the playoffs, in the offseason they had aquired the most highly scrutinized/hated player in the NBA labeled as theepitome and posterboy of the NBA's "Thug" after offcourt %%*# mainly choking PJ Carlisimo and the jobs of our GM (who was fired before theplayoffs and than asked to comeback after but declined) and our headcoach were in jeapordy.

But even with ll this %%*# they came together late in the season and played their ##%#+ off and played team ball.

From beating the #1 and our rival Heat in the 1st round after H20s buzzer beater to sweeping Atlanta and than beating our other rial and #2 Indiana Pacers onmy favorite play ever (LJ!!!!) but losing our captain in the process in the 1st season MJ-less after his "official" retirement). sure we lost, butthat was a heck of a run and very entertaining to say the least.

FIRST B0RN, I was the only dude who stated that the Cards are the only team that worried me back in 06', they had their full health and were a veteransquad, so their win did not surprise me at all.

I was only 3 when the Mets won in 86' so I was a bit too young to even comprehend what was going on.
laugh.gif

I did remember watching the Giants in the early 90s win 2 Super Bowls with my family though.

But this last one was the first TRUE Championship I could truly enjoy as an adult. They proved the doubters and haters wrong, and only the true New Yorkersfelt they had a chance to beat the Bucs, Cowboys, Packers...and Patriots, to win the championship.

I did however support the Yankees back in 96' and 98' when they had a REAL team, you know, before the steroids users and cheaters today, I rememberskipping class to go to both parades.

Now hopefully I can watch a Mets parade this year.

1. When Syracuse basketball won the ncaa championship in 2003. Just awesome run and great games. We beat the Kansas team with a few NBA guys. With Carmelo andG-Mac.
pimp.gif

2.Yankees championships from 99 and on. That is when i watched them. I was only 6, but i remember a lot.

I'll go in order of importance to me.

It's been so long that it hurts. Hopefully the waiting will end this year. I was just a kindergartener when it last happened. I was just starting to getreally deep into sports. I cried when it happened.
kj88bk.jpg

1969!!! SERIOUSLY!!! And we're headed in the totally opposite direction of a Superbowl. I just hope they're somehow able to do it in my lifetime.
SuperBowlIV.jpg

My parents still wiped my %%% when this happened. 1985....There is a positive on this front though. The Royals picked them up a manager from the Yankees systemand have some of the best prospects in baseball, but they still got a long road to @!@.
32944295_9a23c12e3b.jpg

I put this one last because since I've been alive, it was just a given that KU sucked at football and was never going to win a national title. Fast forwardto 2008. While we're not an upper echelon team yet. We are the Orange Bowl Champions. I swear as the time was running out, I didn't know what to thinkbecause KU football had never been in this position before (well since the 60's anyway). Anywho....hopefully Mangino and the boys can keep this rolling andwe can be a title contender every year.
KuYthChampHdy-c.jpg

1985 - Lakers over Celtics in 6 games! If you're an older Lakers fan, nothing can top this. The Lakers at that time had eight championships but they hadalso lost to the Celtics in all eight of their finals against each other, including 84 when they lost in 7 heartbreaking games after being in a position tohave won in a sweep. In 85, they had to bounce back in Game 2 at the Garden after being humiliated in Game 1 by 34 points. They won Game 2 in a gritty and hardfought eight point win and went to LA to win 2 of 3. In Game 6, the Lakers dominated the Celtics and became the first visiting team to clinch a title at theGarden. Kareem was MVP of the Finals at 38 and it was redemption not just for the Lakers of the 80's but also for the Lakers of Baylor, West, andChamberlain that went 0-7 against the hated Celtics.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

my favorites were:

2560886.jpg

mad.gif
mad.gif
I still say if Jay williams wouldnt have missed those free throws agaisnt indianawe would have repeated in '02
mad.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

98 kentucky.

where did you come from?

but that's the team that i was going to say.

new coach, comeback win vs. duke (down 17 in the second half) to go to the final four, comeback win vs. Utah. no lottery picks or All-americans, Cameron Mills(a walk-on) playing out of his mind. that was a special team.

my favorite team that came up just short was '03. that team went 16-0 in the SEC and won the conference, ended up winning 26 in a row before Dwayne Wadegot a triple-double and Marquette beat us to go to the final four. i just wish that Keith Bogans hadn't been hurt, maybe we could've won that game.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

what makes you so sure you would have beat us in the NC, yeah right
laugh.gif

it would have been a good game though, assuming ya'll could stop Wilcox and Jason Williams could pay attention when he's dribbling
laugh.gif

im not guaranteeing we beat yall or anything, im just very optimistic when it comes to duke(i think we should have won it in '99, '02,'04)
laugh.gif
..im sure it would have been a classic..much better than theactual NC game agaisnt Indiana...

jim_leyritz2.jpg

The 94 Knicks were so close, it broke my heart when they didn't win. When the Yankees beat the Mets it was pretty satisfying, the Yanks may not havebeat Arizona but that was probably the most up and down and draining WS I've ever seen. Devils in 95 after the heartbreak Matteau put on them in 94.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

2004 Red Sox will beat any championship any of my teams ever win....

I was at that game DeadsetAce. The girl I was dating at the time was a Red Sox fan and we had flown out to St. Louis for games 4 & 5 (which neverhappened
ohwell.gif
). After witnessing the greatest comeback in baseball historybetween the Red Sox and Yankees, I knew Boston was on some sick momentum. Nonetheless I was able to witness history in person and will be able to share thatstory with my kids one day.
Here is a ball I got signed by Pujols
worldseriesballyl6.jpg

USC: Orange Bowl 2005. 20th birthday. "Oklahoma has too many weapons for USC" - Charles Woodson before the game. let's not talk about my 21stbirthday.

Kings: 0
Giants: 0
Niners: 4 in my lifetime, only remember 1...but I was 10 at the time

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

FIRST B0RN, I was the only dude who stated that the Cards are the only team that worried me back in 06', they had their full health and were a veteran squad, so their win did not surprise me at all.

I remember you stating St. Louis worried you, but I also remember nobody thinking we would actually advance past you guys. The World Series victory wasspecial on so many levels. Did you know the reason LaRussa wore the number 10 when he came to St. Louis? He promised that he would bring them their 10th WorldSeries trophy, that +!+% is just too ill to me.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom