The Most UnderRated Rapper of AllTime..CAMRON

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

Originally Posted by soleKINGericJ

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Most underrated rapper ever = Blackthought

+1

underrated though? I have never heard anybody say anything bad about him....
Underrated is not synonymous with dislike. I think you are confusing the definition of the word.

Most underrated rapper ever = Blackthought

+1

Underrated is not synonymous with dislike. I think you are confusing the definition of the word.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"Dude used to spit until he started putting words together just to rhyme."

This

eyes.gif

i attribute that with ya not understanding what he says VS hin actually spitting gibberish...when u right his verses down and see da wordplay and u UP on certain iiish then i dont see what da problem is.

This

eyes.gif

i attribute that with ya not understanding what he says VS hin actually spitting gibberish...when u right his verses down and see da wordplay and u UP on certain iiish then i dont see what da problem is.

Originally Posted by fly1587

^^Nawww Cam is Nice..Wat Song Does he Use Words Jus To Rhyme?? Cam Bars and Lines are Over Your Head Thats all.
Pay Attention to his Bars!!

roll.gif
@ Cam being over the heads of anyone.

You are right he is way too deep with classic lines (where he put words together just to rhyme) like:

"I get computers putin."

"That rooti, tooti, fruity, Louie, what I usually do
This that jump, stop, breathe, whoody-who
Gats in the truck
Platt, platt, pass to a duck
I'm the menace, owe me money, tat, tat, tat, what the !!!!"

If you think Cam is going over the heads of anyone ever then you know nothing about good writing, lyricism or what going over the head/deep actually means.

everyone that criticizes cam ALWAYS cites this verse
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

meanwhile they do even get da subtle swag in his rhyme...

i get computers puting = im poppin, im da man, im electrifying

rooti, tooti, fruity louies is what i usually do = play on da candy & + referencing da limited edition louis vuitton that dropped at da time

lot of ya just dunno was poppin on da fashion side to get da punchlines or references.

^^Nawww Cam is Nice..Wat Song Does he Use Words Jus To Rhyme?? Cam Bars and Lines are Over Your Head Thats all.

roll.gif

You are right he is way too deep with classic lines (where he put words together just to rhyme) like:

"I get computers putin."

Gats in the truck

If you think Cam is going over the heads of anyone ever then you know nothing about good writing, lyricism or what going over the head/deep actually means.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

rooti, tooti, fruity louies is what i usually do = play on da candy & + referencing da limited edition louis vuitton that dropped at da time

lot of ya just dunno was poppin on da fashion side to get da punchlines or references.

+1

Maybe I should say I never heard anybody question blackthought's lyrical ability or his music. I've always heard he is one of the best MC's in hip hop and his albums are great. I think a lot of people in this thread are confusing the term underrated with overlooked.

+1

Maybe I should say I never heard anybody question blackthought's lyrical ability or his music. I've always heard he is one of the best MC's in hip hop and his albums are great. I think a lot of people in this thread are confusing the term underrated with overlooked.

I wouldn't call Cam underrated b/c a ton of people listen to and love the dude's music (myself included). If you told me I could only have 1 album for the rest of my life, it would definitely be Killa Season.

I wouldn't call Cam underrated b/c a ton of people listen to and love the dude's music (myself included). If you told me I could only have 1 album for the rest of my life, it would definitely be Killa Season.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

This

eyes.gif

Thy rhymes still don't have purpose. I'd rather for him use a non-rhyming word to understand what the hell he's saying than raps you have to use the Dipset stan dictionary to figure out.Just because two words rhyme doesn't mean you HAVE to put hem in a rhyme in your song.

This

eyes.gif

Thy rhymes still don't have purpose. I'd rather for him use a non-rhyming word to understand what the hell he's saying than raps you have to use the Dipset stan dictionary to figure out.Just because two words rhyme doesn't mean you HAVE to put hem in a rhyme in your song.

This

eyes.gif

to understand what the hell he's saying than raps you have to use the Dipset stan dictionary to figure out

thats ur problem, if you dont put da effort in knowing whats he talking about its not his fault you dont get da rhyme....you dont look at a painting and say "meh..its wack, cuz i can't

understand da concept"

laugh.gif

thats just being a lazy listener.

This

eyes.gif

to understand what the hell he's saying than raps you have to use the Dipset stan dictionary to figure out

thats ur problem, if you dont put da effort in knowing whats he talking about its not his fault you dont get da rhyme....you dont look at a painting and say "meh..its wack, cuz i can't

understand da concept"

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

understand da concept"

laugh.gif

A nerd could make a rap album using only nerd language. You gonna tell me that it's your fault if you don't "understand da concept"?
laugh.gif
These a reason why Cam went plat once, and it's because he ain't appealing to people nowadays outside of his ultra-specific fanbase. We're not lazy...we just don't give a damn about his lingo. Tell son to speak english and get back to us
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

understand da concept"

laugh.gif

A nerd could make a rap album using only nerd language. You gonna tell me that it's your fault if you don't "understand da concept"?
laugh.gif
These a reason why Cam went plat once, and it's because he ain't appealing to people nowadays outside of his ultra-specific fanbase. We're not lazy...we just don't give a damn about his lingo. Tell son to speak english and get back to us
laugh.gif

well its obviously working for him...he's been not only relevant, but thriving since 1998

so whoever dont get it, you're just late.

well its obviously working for him...he's been not only relevant, but thriving since 1998

so whoever dont get it, you're just late.

You know what I think that is a fair point regarding confusing the term underrated with overlooked. I actually think both terms applied to Blackthought here.  Honestly as a fan of The Roots and Blackthought man I feel like a lot of hip-hop heads never give him credit for being one of the best rappers ever.  Like you I hear good things about him from those aware of his work but I feel like a vast majority of hip-hop fans don't respect his work or are even aware of the great verses he puts out.  Then again the masses would rather listen to Cam than Blackthought and talent wise its not even close how superior the latter is to the former.

You know what I think that is a fair point regarding confusing the term underrated with overlooked. I actually think both terms applied to Blackthought here.  Honestly as a fan of The Roots and Blackthought man I feel like a lot of hip-hop heads never give him credit for being one of the best rappers ever.  Like you I hear good things about him from those aware of his work but I feel like a vast majority of hip-hop fans don't respect his work or are even aware of the great verses he puts out.  Then again the masses would rather listen to Cam than Blackthought and talent wise its not even close how superior the latter is to the former.

roll.gif

"I get computers putin."

Gats in the truck

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I get it but that doesn't change the fact that it's LAME.

roll.gif

"I get computers putin."

Gats in the truck

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I get it but that doesn't change the fact that it's LAME.

Back
Top Bottom