*****The New Official Jordan 11"Space Jam" 09 Thread ! Vol: No Bs Please !*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by 757shoefanatic

for those waiting on FNL...we do not have a warehouse...all orders that are shipped are fulfilled from other stores...

You keep thinking that......

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=30700
Nothing in that article mentions anything about a "wharehouse". A distribution center.. i.e. Headquarters is just a place they processorders. Finishline is a MALL-BASED company. Just like it says in the article. A few timesactually.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by 757shoefanatic

for those waiting on FNL...we do not have a warehouse...all orders that are shipped are fulfilled from other stores...

You keep thinking that......

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=30700
Nothing in that article mentions anything about a "wharehouse". A distribution center.. i.e. Headquarters is just a place they process orders. Finishline is a MALL-BASED company. Just like it says in the article. A few times actually.

Keyword is DISTRIBUTION CENTER........

I work for an HVAC company, and we have a 1,000,000 sqaure foot distribution center that stocks 300 stores with a/c's, furnaces, parts etc.

How many shoes, or in you case workers, do you think can fit in a 800,000 sqaure foot buidling???????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distribution_center

A distribution center for a set of products is awarehouse or other specialized building, often with refrigerationor air conditioning, which is stocked with products (goods) to bere-distributed to retailers, to wholesalers or directly to consumers. A distribution center is a principal part, the "order processing" element, of the entire "order fulfillment" process. Distribution centers are usually thought of as being "demand driven". A distribution center can also be called awarehouse, a DC, a fulfillment center, a cross-dock facility, a bulk break center, and a package handling center. The name by which the distribution center isknown is commonly based on the purpose of the operation. For example a "retail distribution center" normally distributes goods to retail stores, an"order fulfillment center" commonly distributes goods directly to consumers, and a cross-dock facility stores little or no product but distributesgoods to other destinations.

Now back to the Space Jams.

Obviously a company has to have some sort of center to get the shoes to their stores. Duh. Order fulfillment is done from stores. Not a wharehouse. They willNEVER ship you the shoes from that center. They will take their sweet time and search stores and if they cant find anything 2 weeks later, they just cancelyour order. They say they call but they never do. Get your facts straight, I spent a whole lot of time tracking all this stuff down last year when they @#%#$up my order and canceled it. I was livid.

Just curious if anyone like me, who had their Eastbay order cancelled received an email from Bing cashback saying they still got cashback for 15%($26.25)? Iwonder if it'll stick even though I didn't get them! On another note, I'm happy with my one pair from FNL.com. Got the shipping confirmation wed.and they're scheduled to be at my house on Jan 4th! Kind of a long wait but we'll see!

So can anyone in the know tell me what sort of chance I have of receiving the SJs I ordered from FNL if I got a confirmation e-mail, money was taken from myaccount, but the order still says "processing"?

GottaBdshoes is 100 % correct every single time I've ordered Jordans from finishline.com they've come with a packing receipt from a Finishline store atsome random mall across the country. Every single time & i've orderd at least 30 pairs of Jays from finishline.com over the years

I'm not trying to start an argument, but you said Finishline didn't have a warehouse. You said that they only had a distribution center. All I did wasprove you wrong by showing you that a distribution center IS a warehouse.

I was on Ebay tryna catch a deal on some Js and I swear...the first few pages were nothing but "Space Jams". I think some of the hype is starting towear off also. The prices on there are starting to go around the $275 mark.

I also can't believe this thread reached the 400+ page mark. That's crazy.

finishline has a warehouse in Indiana or whatever you wanna call it...all of their shipments arent just from stores

Well, i've talked to quite a few district managers for Finishline and they all say the same thing, they don't have a "warehouse" in the ideathat we all think of, they just fulfill their shipments from another one of their stores. At least that is how it used to be anyways!

I guess I lucked out with finishline. I ordered as soon as it got back online and got my order confirmation within 2 minutes and my shipment confirmationwithin 1 day. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back from FNL. I've always had great experiences with FNL.

On another note:

It's like their is a general belief (whether consciously or unconsciously) that there is something cool and emancipating about bashing the present incomparison to the past. A lot of you sound miserable comparing 09's Space Jams to the past. Ya'll are stuck: please move on and stop professing yourmisery. Stop resisting what is. Honestly, what ya'll are redundantly voicing is irrelevant.

Got my Flint XIII's, Mars IV's, and Fire Red V's from Finishline.com, and they all came from Indiana.

I ordered the CDP X/XIII, and when there was a "delay", I called Customer service, and they said that their warehouse was sold out, and they weretrying to fulfill my order through one of their stores.

So I don't know if we would ever know the truth.
laugh.gif

Nonetheless, finishline does take in orders that go over their "stocked items" at the warehouse.

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

finishline has a warehouse in Indiana or whatever you wanna call it...all of their shipments arent just from stores

This. Every order I have placed on a release date has come from Indianapolis, but I have also received orders from random stores that were "older"shoes.

Originally Posted by energycube

Yours never looked like that because they were never produced as a GR with a blue sole like that
smile.gif
but I do know what you mean. Also another way to tell if a shoe is as clean as they appear in a flash applied picture, look at the reflection if there is one and that will usually tell you what the sole really looks like, as you can see in these, the soles are clearly that dingy clear/green/yellow color.
Yeah...yeah...yeah.....
laugh.gif
I was just looking at my 2000s today comparing them to the 09s and got sad to see how yellow my 2000 soles were.

smile.gif
Yeah man, something about that clear sole back then, it didnt hold up too well after a few years.

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

Originally Posted by NikeTalk

I do have that size 8 for ya. Shoot me an PM (Gucci voice)
laugh.gif
roll.gif

sike

I'm probably the last guy to get these at retail from Eastbay.
eek.gif
Theyhad mine on hold cause my debit card declined on release night
embarassed.gif
roll.gif
and I finalized my order today.
happy.gif

That wasn't the argument. Nice try though.

A distribution center for a set of products is a warehouse or otherspecialized building, often with refrigeration or air conditioning, which is stocked with products (goods)to be re-distributed to retailers, towholesalers or directly to consumers. Adistribution center is a principal part, the "order processing" element, of the entire "order fulfillment" process. Distribution centers areusually thought of as being "demand driven". A distribution center can also be called a warehouse, a DC, a fulfillment center, a cross-dock facility, a bulk breakcenter, and a package handling center. The name by which the distribution center is known is commonly based on the purpose of the operation. For example a"retail distribution center" normally distributes goods to retail stores, an "order fulfillment center" commonly distributes goods directlyto consumers, and a cross-dock facility stores little or no product but distributes goods to other destinations.

That's all that I was getting at.

Yo....I'm loving how people are providing sources for their information and statements. Way to keep up the integrity in your postings: nothing but a goodlook for niketalk.

lmao is it that serious? Is it that hard to understand you knucklehead? Distribution center = to distribute to stores. It's a PROCESS. NOT a shipment toYOU.

STORE distributes to YOU. There's no wharehouse unlike eastbay, footlocker, footaciton, champs (all the same). I guess all the mall fnl's arewharehouse/distribution centers? %!+@ with your ghey screen shots.
laugh.gif

Back to the Jammy Jams!

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Found and copped another pair today.... God is good!
What size....where (including city and state plus name of retailer) and what sizes did they have left? Furthermore, spew additional details ifpossible. NikeTalk will thank you.

lmao is it that serious? Is it that hard to understand you knucklehead? Distribution center = to distribute to stores. It's a PROCESS. NOT a shipment to YOU.

STORE distributes to YOU. There's no wharehouse unlike eastbay, footlocker, footaciton, champs (all the same). I guess all the mall fnl's are wharehouse/distribution centers? %!+@ with your ghey screen shots.
laugh.gif

Back to the Jammy Jams!

Here we go with the name calling. As I've stated twice, all I'm saying is that a distribution center is indeed a warehouse. I don't care if theydistribute it to the store. I never said you were wrong about that, but what you fail to realize is that all I am getting at is that you were wrong for sayingthat Finishline didn't have a warehouse. You see, now I'm starting to see why people hate coming to the Jordan Brand section.

Does anyone know if any other store might Re-Stock the Space jams again? I know the Nike Lenox had them Re-Stock but Fist come first serve, No Phone orders.Sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom