The Next Iron Chef: Battle of the Super Chefs Thread- Episode 4 Tonight @ 9 PM

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Yea saw it. Irvine lost because the judges said his hummus was too thick.
indifferent.gif
I respect his cooking and talent but he's not suited to be an Iron Chef.

i've never had hummus.. is it supposed to be thick or thin ?
i can respect that simply on the fact that he was on the bottom 2 for something he has a show on 
tired.gif

i mean dang man.. something you love to do .. you're supposed to be on top..

Hummus is thick. Kinda like a french onion dip.

Yeah it was a trip, I for sure thought Geoffrey Zakarian would be in the bottom 2 instead of Robert Irvine. To be honest though, I felt he got cheated (or atleast made an example of) because his entire plate was on point besides the hummus whereas with Michael Chiarello's plate, only half of it included peanuts. They were mostly in awe of his pasta being on point which is very impressive for the time span, yet I digress
laugh.gif

Chiarello was going to make pasta regardless of the secret ingredient. It's not even a secret ingredient challenge, it's just use the ingredient. Irvine, while I know he's not going to be iron chef, at least he tried to spotlight peanuts.

This season is pretty tough, how any small mistake can get you eliminated.

The thing that bothered me for this episode was that Zakarian ignored the challenge and just made great food. All of the chefs can make great food if they could just do whatever they want. He should have been in the bottom 2 for sure.

As others have said, there was no way Chiarello was doing something other than pasta. If it had as much peanut flavor as they said, then I'm ok. You don't have to beat them over the head with peanuts, just make sure it's the star of the dish.

I was so disappointed Irvine got the boot last night...Personally he was who I wanted to win. I cant stand chef Chiarello thought. Ever since I saw his true personality come out on Top Chefs. And I cant believe he got the boot for the hummus. That is so subjective cause one person may like there hummus thick another may like it thin.

Mike C looked like he was gonna throw a tantrum when the judges were criticizing his ballpark dishes and yet again when Alton repeated his mistake again. It's a competition but you ain't gotta be uptight about it. I see him in the top 5 though.

I could've made Chiarello's dish, honestly. That is what made me mad, other than the fact he made his pasta quickly I just didn't see any difficulty level in that dish to be impressed with.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

I could've made Chiarello's dish, honestly. That is what made me mad, other than the fact he made his pasta quickly I just didn't see any difficulty level in that dish to be impressed with.
I felt his dish was extremely safe too but I guess they were just impressed with the taste 
grin.gif
. I still think they made an example out of Irvine's dish especially when Alton Brown pointed out that they sent home an excellent chef over a trivial mistake.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

I was so disappointed Irvine got the boot last night...Personally he was who I wanted to win. I cant stand chef Chiarello thought. Ever since I saw his true personality come out on Top Chefs. And I cant believe he got the boot for the hummus. That is so subjective cause one person may like there hummus thick another may like it thin.

??? this episode or something else ?? 
what did he do ? 

Low key i also felt like Symon had too much power in that vote...

it seems like what he said went..

Originally Posted by supahoopa

what did he do ? 

Top Chef is another cooking show on Bravo it's currently airing Wed @ 10, this season they are in Texas. He was on Top Chef Masters.

He was a douce. I remember his fight with Dale and calling him "young man", asking some of the chefs if they knew who he was and how to spell his name. The contestants didn't speak as highly about him as the other people.

Originally Posted by supahoopa

what did he do ? 

No it was on Top Chef Masters or something, the guy is just rude. If I can find the youtube video. He just isnt a ncie guy.

Bump for show in an hour

From last week

Alex gave Anne a gift with the root beer and she still couldn't win.
Having Beau in the showdown was great just so we didn't have to hear him talk.
Zakarian will end up winning it all.

I wanted Samuelsson to win, I didn't think either chef who was in the bottom 2 should have been in the bottom 2, pretty much any chef can be out no matter how good they were in previous weeks in Falkner's case

Back
Top Bottom