The Nike Hyperdunk 2010 is terrible

I'm a pretty big fan of these kicks. Been playing in them for 2 weeks now, and no problems with them other than a slight crack on the medial side just above the midsole towards by my forefoot. (Swoosh has not rubbed off; no separation of the upper from midsole)

I was pretty skeptical of them, with the abundance of negative reviews, and how crappy of a job Leo did on the Hyperize, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the HD 2010.

Rocking no-show socks in these is a no go, though. Killed my achilles the first time I played in them.

I'm a pretty big fan of these kicks. Been playing in them for 2 weeks now, and no problems with them other than a slight crack on the medial side just above the midsole towards by my forefoot. (Swoosh has not rubbed off; no separation of the upper from midsole)

I was pretty skeptical of them, with the abundance of negative reviews, and how crappy of a job Leo did on the Hyperize, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the HD 2010.

Rocking no-show socks in these is a no go, though. Killed my achilles the first time I played in them.

Its been a while, and surely everyone has broken in their 2010's by now. Do they feel better on the court? I just ordered a pair for $50 on ebay to replace my old OG HD's. Are they noticeably more flimsy than the originals? Should I prepare my ankles?

Also are there any review blogs like unds'd or kicksology that reviewed this shoe?

Its been a while, and surely everyone has broken in their 2010's by now. Do they feel better on the court? I just ordered a pair for $50 on ebay to replace my old OG HD's. Are they noticeably more flimsy than the originals? Should I prepare my ankles?

Also are there any review blogs like unds'd or kicksology that reviewed this shoe?

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

^That's a good point, but here's another way to look at it:

You work and go to school. You have maybe 5-6 hours a week that you can spare to go play ball at the gym.

You pick up a pair of brand new $100+ sneakers and take them to the gym, and they rip on you. You didn't bring any other shoes, because you figured $100 shoes would be good shoes and last you for a while.

But not to worry, because all you need to do, aside from working, going to school and studying, is fill out the voucher info., send them back to Nike (at your expense?), wait two weeks to receive a voucher, then go buy another pair of shoes.

I'm not mad at the system, because I did that with some faulty AM95's. But some people don't always have the time/patience to deal with all that.
i'd actually be happy with doing that cuz up here in canada, if a shoe rips, we dont get any voucher so we have to spend another $100+ for a new pair of ball shoes

You work and go to school. You have maybe 5-6 hours a week that you can spare to go play ball at the gym.

You pick up a pair of brand new $100+ sneakers and take them to the gym, and they rip on you. You didn't bring any other shoes, because you figured $100 shoes would be good shoes and last you for a while.

But not to worry, because all you need to do, aside from working, going to school and studying, is fill out the voucher info., send them back to Nike (at your expense?), wait two weeks to receive a voucher, then go buy another pair of shoes.

I'm not mad at the system, because I did that with some faulty AM95's. But some people don't always have the time/patience to deal with all that.
i'd actually be happy with doing that cuz up here in canada, if a shoe rips, we dont get any voucher so we have to spend another $100+ for a new pair of ball shoes

Exactly.

What's the point in paying $100 for a pair of shoes to go through all that crap?  How about Nike just making a quality shoe in the first place so someone wouldn't have to do that crap?  Wanting a decent shoe that will last @ $100 a pair isn't too much to ask for. 

Sometimes people are so caught up in "brand loyalty" that they will look the other direction or make up ridiculous excuses for a poorly designed/quality shoe.  And people need to chill with this "breaking in" period crap.  A good shoe fits and feels good the first time you lace them up and play ball in them.  You don't need to break a shoe in. 

When it comes to looking for a serious b-ball shoe I could care less about brand loyalty.  The best thing to do is go to a store and try on different brands and styles.  You'll know which one is right for you right there and then.  I'll buy 2 pairs of a shoe if it's great because I know they're going to discontinue it sooner or later.  If I wear a shoe only for balling (not everyday wear) it lasts me a good 2 years.  Since 2001 I've gone through 1 pair of TMac 1s, 3 pairs of Shox BB4s and my pair of Air Force Max 180s are about to die on me.  I'll be in the market for a new b-ball shoe in the next few weeks so I guess that's why I'm here.

Exactly.

What's the point in paying $100 for a pair of shoes to go through all that crap?  How about Nike just making a quality shoe in the first place so someone wouldn't have to do that crap?  Wanting a decent shoe that will last @ $100 a pair isn't too much to ask for. 

Sometimes people are so caught up in "brand loyalty" that they will look the other direction or make up ridiculous excuses for a poorly designed/quality shoe.  And people need to chill with this "breaking in" period crap.  A good shoe fits and feels good the first time you lace them up and play ball in them.  You don't need to break a shoe in. 

When it comes to looking for a serious b-ball shoe I could care less about brand loyalty.  The best thing to do is go to a store and try on different brands and styles.  You'll know which one is right for you right there and then.  I'll buy 2 pairs of a shoe if it's great because I know they're going to discontinue it sooner or later.  If I wear a shoe only for balling (not everyday wear) it lasts me a good 2 years.  Since 2001 I've gone through 1 pair of TMac 1s, 3 pairs of Shox BB4s and my pair of Air Force Max 180s are about to die on me.  I'll be in the market for a new b-ball shoe in the next few weeks so I guess that's why I'm here.

These dudes I hoop with at LaF went to the outlets and bought some pairs to hoop in not even a month ago....theyre already complaining about how cheap it feels on their feet and how weird the lacing is........I told them I wouldnt dare put my foot in those cheap act shoes /MiniRant

These dudes I hoop with at LaF went to the outlets and bought some pairs to hoop in not even a month ago....theyre already complaining about how cheap it feels on their feet and how weird the lacing is........I told them I wouldnt dare put my foot in those cheap act shoes /MiniRant

my toes want to kill themselves when i wear these they suck and that plastic patent leather is awful its like playing in plastic skethers and in my opinion they dont even look good awful shoe awful sizing and terrible quality my bottoms ripped off in 2 months of indoor play 2 months rediculous though eastbay was great they gave me a full money refund and i bought some huarache trainer mids the black and grey nubuck ones.

my toes want to kill themselves when i wear these they suck and that plastic patent leather is awful its like playing in plastic skethers and in my opinion they dont even look good awful shoe awful sizing and terrible quality my bottoms ripped off in 2 months of indoor play 2 months rediculous though eastbay was great they gave me a full money refund and i bought some huarache trainer mids the black and grey nubuck ones.

was about to cop the 2010 HD... tried them on. bad fit. bad materials placement.
I don't know. lockdown was weird.

was about to cop the 2010 HD... tried them on. bad fit. bad materials placement.
I don't know. lockdown was weird.

Back
Top Bottom