THE NIKE ZOOM BB2 IS AMAZING. SHOES OF THE YEAR

WOW
pimp.gif
. I have to give prop to Nike for producing such an amazingbasketball shoes. IMO the BB2 has everything: Bouncy cushion, great ankle support, amazing traction, lightweight, comfortable and good looks(P.E edition). Thisshoes simply outperform any other shoes out there. They're excellent when play indoor and even better when play outdoor. The designer of this shoes shouldbe promoted to senior designer and take control of future Nike Basketball.
pimp.gif

they are good but the ankle support is its only weakness to me. i love the cushioning, fit, traction, weight, and all that but the shoes could use one moreeyelet at the top imo

im really feelin them too. i was about to get these for ball. theres lots of pe's of em everywhere.
thnx for ur input. i was juss gonna ask about all that but how do they fit?
there should be a official post about these and all their colorways.
im pretty sure 2k4s are betta for bball tho.

Originally Posted by AI39theanswer

im really feelin them too. i was about to get these for ball. theres lots of pe's of em everywhere.
thnx for ur input. i was juss gonna ask about all that but how do they fit?
there should be a official post about these and all their colorways.
im pretty sure 2k4s are betta for bball tho.

nah. The BB2 outperform 2k4s and they're more durable.

I balled in both the BB2 and 2k4s... IMO the 2k4s are waaaay better than the BB2s... not taking anything away from the BB2s cause its a great shoe, but the2k4s have better ankle support cushioning and fit.... thats just IMO though....

well you can't say one show performs better than the other because different people have different preferences.

well, this whole thread and most of what everyone ever says is their opinion based on preference, so that might go without saying. but thanks for pointing outthe obvious.

i don't even think this is the shoe of the year from Nike, let alone the year, because I think the Kobe 3 is a better on court shoe. just my preference,though.

I saw a few sample pairs of the white/black/mean green colorway at my outlet, but one shoe was discolored in each pair. Too bad, because they were 39.99.

thread starter....

what a post....

first of all... i have the bb2...
bb1 are beautiful, i sorta had to make it a tie with the zk2, cuz i'm on the player. and the bb2 are better looking for sure. i dont think its enough tomake the designer the head of nike basketball. but hey, its a talk board. your opinion.

2k4>bb2

2K4's have proven to be one of the best, even though I think they're a little too firm with the zoom.

They have staying power, there's STILL people in the L and in college who rock them. And we all know how the lasers that released are doing.

So they definitely have that advantage over BB II's, which are still relatively new.

But the BB Line is a step in the right direction, especially with the PE's released of the BB I. I don't particularly like the look of the 2, butit's built on the same outsole/midsole as the first, so that's a big plus. The 2 Lows are sick though, and that's what gets my vote. The BB Lowline is absolutely amazing, I think one of the best performing low tops I've ever played in, if not the best. They blow a LOT of low tops away, Lebron IILows, Gil Zero lows, XXI and XII Lows, nothing compares to these.

The BB Line is kind of necessary, because the Huarache line fell off big time (excluding the BBall 08) so I think Nike needed something to bring back a"series" type of feeling. I mean, am I the only one waiting to see what the BB III will look like?

Originally Posted by mt3130

they are good but the ankle support is its only weakness to me. i love the cushioning, fit, traction, weight, and all that but the shoes could use one more eyelet at the top imo
I honestly think the BB2 has great ankle support. I tie it up all the way up top and rolled my ankle badly a couple of times and they have saved myankle. The shoe is definitely one of the best shoe for the buck available right now.

this may be a dumb question, but are the total package and the 2k4s the same. Visibly there similar, but are they built the same? Also, where can you find the2k4 (besides ebay)?

Originally Posted by 555fresh

this may be a dumb question, but are the total package and the 2k4s the same. Visibly there similar, but are they built the same? Also, where can you find the 2k4 (besides ebay)?

The total package is a replica of the 2K4's. They don't feature the same tech and are only cheaper.

I don't know about Shoe of the Year, but the BB2s are very nice. They've been my outdoor ballin shoes for the past month.

Can't wait to see how the Hyperdunks compare to them.

These shoes are very good indoor. But i just cant wait till the Hyperdunks drop.

BB2 and Hyperdunks - ball season rotation

My BB's soles wore out in abt 3 months on outdoor courts (avg. 10-14hrs of play a week on black top and concrete). The outrigger and the zoom pivot circler completely smooth and the sole directly below the toe is pretty worn as well. The traction was amazing while they lasted but i wouldn't recommend them asoutdoor shoes if u play alot. Still, definitely 1 of the best ballin shoes out there; they replaced my 2k5s and i have no regrets. Talkin abt the BB1s btw -loved the retro look and the low back that gave the freedom of movement of a low and the high sides and top gave decent ankle protection when coupled w/ thehuge outrigger. Actually didn't like the 2s as much because of the higher back and they felt a half size big (double socking gets annoying in this caliheat), although im sure they preformed similarly - mine r just chillin in freezer bags inside the original box in my closet until i wear out my other pair ofBB1s. The 2s actually pissed me off, it was such a huge change from the 1s - so obviously cost effective and built to id more easily.

^^^ With that amount of play, I believe most decent shoes wouldn't last longer, give or take a week or so.

I'm REALLY intrigued by these shoes, and am seriously considering grabbing a pair with this weekend's Champs F&F. With that said, is there anyother readily available shoe on the market right now that outperforms theBB2?

Back
Top Bottom