The OA

starboy

Banned
tumblr_inline_nsmc1accGt1rh75qb_500.jpg

Netflix on a roll
 The series centers on Prairie Johnson, an adopted young woman who resurfaces after having been missing for seven years. Upon her return, Johnson calls herself The OA, exhibits scars on her back, and can see, despite being blind when she went missing. The OA refuses to tell the FBI and her adoptive parents where she has been and how her eyesight was restored, and instead quickly assembles a team of five locals to whom she reveals that information, also explaining her background story. Finally, she asks for their help to save some other missing persons who she claims are currently in the same situation she has described to them,

I just saw the first episode last night and it's pretty interesting. Excited to see where the story goes. Saving the title sequence for the climax of the episode was a genius move.

Finished Stranger Things last night and knocked this show out today. I don't know exactly what to think. I started tuning out after the third episode but decided to just stick through with it. What the hell did I just watch? :lol:

It got super weird towards the end of the season. I'm gonna have to rewatch the last 3-4 episodes. I was lost after a while.

I was also conflicted after watching all 8 episodes. There were a few points where I was like "What, really?".

Overall, I didn't hate it, but the only reason I kept watching was to try to figure out what was happening. The ending left much to be desired, but I guess they have to leave it open for additional seasons.

I saw Brit Marling in the first episode and knew exactly what the deal was.

Show is just okay.

The wife and I thought it was really good. The 1st episode was iffy, but once you get deeper in it was very entertaining. By episode 3 we were hooked

Last edited:
On episode 5 I believe and this show TRIES really hard to be mysterious. Nothing mind blowing but I've enjoyed the story thus far and plan to finish.

6/8

Now I'm even more confused then I was in the first place, this is the 2nd season of the same show?
Watching that trailer made me feel like I took drugs when I know I didn't
I don't even know if I can rewatch the first part of this show again

Looks like a COMPLETELY different show. Not even sure what this is even about anymore. I’ll prob watch a few episodes but damn, the ending of the 1st season was hands down the worst ending in the history of endings. Joint was so disappointing.

Came in here confusing The OA with the IO Netflix movie. Posts had me like this a series and not a movie?

Anyway, may give this a chance even with the reviews saying it goes from real good to bad.

Mess with Brit Marling off of Babylon, Another Earth, and The East.

What the hell am I watching? I’m on episode 5 of season 1 and they were hissing like snakes for hours and brought the dead guy back to life.

How the hell did they get this show greenlit and also get a second season? It’s a weird show but is kinda scared to go all the way weird.

Back
Top Bottom