The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im not going to lie i had high expectations for this team was thinking they could get 35 wins or more... they had some veteran players who were not great pickups but solid... i also question why they signed so many forwards...but i want to know what the purpose of signing all these guys and playing them over the young guys... like doesnt that defeat the purpose of a rebuild and not letting them play... also if you want to win now then why couldnt they throw the bag at better players like kemba which would do wonders for this team cuz we need a pg... id even take rozier over randle because he fills a need...i dont get the management team... i know they are trash but its like they didnt put any thought after missing out on kyrie, kd and kawhi...and at this point you have to fire fiz... hes doing more harm then good... let the young guys play and develop and put them in position to succeed which hes not doing...if anything he lets them iso all day and their defense is just terrible letting any guy who can shoot a 3 shoot them... that bulls loss was inexcusable and same with the hornets game... just pathetic really

In our first 20 games, we only played 2 teams (Celtics, Sixers)that were projected to win 45+ games. We're gonna be 4-16 in that span.

If the FO wants to have a last-ditch effort at saving their jobs and this season they need to either:
1. Make a coaching change ASAP
2. Make a trade (or two) after Dec 15th

If you're not gonna do either of those and let the season play out then they really need to focus on the guys that'll be here past this season.

A new decade is about to start. I need to detach myself from any of my hopes for this Knick team this season because I'm not about to start 2020 with this level of frustration. Sick of this **** lol

In the meanwhile, I'ma just watch Melo cook. Ain't been this slim since he left Denver. Once the Blazers get healthy, it's on...

Last edited:
wanted to get tickets for melo return back to the garden on new years... but ticket prices are outrageous so had to pass lol

im not going to lie i had high expectations for this team was thinking they could get 35 wins or more... they had some veteran players who were not great pickups but solid... i also question why they signed so many forwards...but i want to know what the purpose of signing all these guys and playing them over the young guys... like doesnt that defeat the purpose of a rebuild and not letting them play... also if you want to win now then why couldnt they throw the bag at better players like kemba which would do wonders for this team cuz we need a pg... id even take rozier over randle because he fills a need...i dont get the management team... i know they are trash but its like they didnt put any thought after missing out on kyrie, kd and kawhi...and at this point you have to fire fiz... hes doing more harm then good... let the young guys play and develop and put them in position to succeed which hes not doing...if anything he lets them iso all day and their defense is just terrible letting any guy who can shoot a 3 shoot them... that bulls loss was inexcusable and same with the hornets game... just pathetic really
Management made the classic mistake of trying to make competitive/8th seed type of moves while still in rebuild mode...That never works, and you see it playing out with all the vets they signed getting a large chunk of the mins while the squad still racking up L's :smh:

I just wanna see Knox out there, dont care how bad yo plays...let him learn and play through it, only way he can improve

Not to start up the tired melo conversations, but i find it funny our FO had tried to get cute & talk as if Melo wouldn't fit into whatever we were trying to achieve this season.. when it turns out he still looks better than a lot of the guys we signed my boy looks hungry again :smokin :lol: I know it's early but still its not like we had anything to lose reports are he preferred to come back here

He wouldve been a good veteran presence and took pressure off the youngins, it wouldve been a nice feel good story for the knicks PR purposes, & would've saved us ALOT of money (Bullock, randle, Payton, Ellington :sick:) + wouldve been more minutes for the young players .. not to harp on the past im just sayin tho lol FO tried too hard to save face after KD went to BK

Dame and CJ probably the best players Melo ever played with outside of Kidd. Him being here with this roster wouldnt work and would be more of a circus.

Dame and CJ probably the best players Melo ever played with outside of Kidd. Him being here with this roster wouldnt work and would be more of a circus.
Yea that's very true, it's dope he's next to 2 star guards for once. I think with all the "blackballed" talk & uncertainty around whether or not he'd ever play again regardless of how the team looked it would've still been perceived ina positive light for the most part. I definitely could see it not working too tho i feel like it probably wouldn't look worse than it is rn |l

I'm inclined to believe the Knicks here. Jefferson a burger.

Agreed but that little pressure press conference from the execs partially to blame too. Hell we watching rental vets dominate the time for with the young'ns sitting on the bench? Same ol knicks, everytime they have a plan they try to fast track it and ruin it.

Portland has been my alternate team since the Brandon Roy years.

Glad that Melo is over there so I can finally have a feel good distraction from this abomination of a franchise.

He looks sharp. His athletic decline still makes him a defensive liability but Portland's young bodies can cover it up decently. He might still be a better defender than Randle tho :lol:

its just a shame melo wasted his prime years here and now plays with his best team and is washed... father time is no joke... i hope he plays well with the blazers and it works out for him... houston did him dirty and they got that karma with a gentlemens sweep last playoffs :lol:

Knicks looking to trade knox and ellignton :smh:

im not going to post the link ya can look it up yaselfs cuz im disgusted on this franchise

Back
Top Bottom