The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think RJ best position is at the 3 and I got this sick feeling that Randle gon start :lol: :smh:
This is ****ing terrible bro.

No ****ing spacing at all for all these non shooting fools.

I rather see

Frank
RJ
Bullock
Obi
Mitch

At least Frank is going to pas the ball and Bullock can open it up for RJ and Obi which could get his shot outside as well.

SmH

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F06%2Fkevin-knox-fortnite-suit-nba-draft-1.jpg

we should've known

I like that:
DSJ / RJ / Burks / Toppin / Mitch
lineup, but I have a feeling bc of Payton, Rivers and Burks, we won't see DSJ, Frank, and Knox play that much. It's interesting that we have a bunch of 20-22 yr olds who haven't shown enough growth (DSJ, Frank, Knox), and a bunch of 26-29 yr olds in their prime (Randle, Payton, Rivers, Burks, Bullock) who are competent rotation/role players, but whose success doesn't really help us in the long run (except maybe Rivers bc we have an option on him nonguaranteed the next 2 yrs). You could make the argument that all that matters right now is developing youth, so play the young guys, or you could make the argument that RJ, Obi and Mitch are the only ones in our long term plans and need to play with professionals who compete consistently at a NBA level and know where everyone should be on the court for them to take the next steps.

I don't think either are wrong. Either way it seems like some young guys are going to lose minutes because just looking at what they've shown they can do to this point, DSJ isn't better than Payton, Frank isn't better than Rivers, and Knox isn't better than Burks, so why should they play ahead of them unless they're a part of our future core. We'll probably find out quickly who Thibs actually values among them.

The only other thing to consider lineup wise, is that we have to play Randle as much as possible to help with his trade value. The best thing that could happen thru the first half of the year is for Randle to shine so we get a pick for him.

I don’t think Mitch needs a jumper. Not having one will keep his value low.

Knox needs to make sure his on ball defense gets better. I think going from starter, green light action to “I gotta think about these shots otherwise I might get a DNP” is detrimental for a young hooper. Expecting 12-15ppg on 43% shooting.

DSJ better get some other skills quick cuz an under sized guard who can’t shoot won’t be long for the NBA. I don’t have faith in his jumper.

Frank needs to stop playing scared all day.

I’d absolutely love to see Knox and or Ntkilina get packaged to attempt to have two lottery (knicks and another’s) in the 2021 draft. I personally think they’ve run their course in NY. Build smart and for the future. With as many potential building blocks as the 2021 draft has, a deal getting another lotto pick could propel us in the right direction. A combination of Cade Cunningham and Brandon Boston. Zaire and Clarke. Kuminga and Suggs. We’d have a young core to build around.

JS”

Last edited:
I’d absolutely love to see Knox and or Ntkilina get packaged to attempt to have two lottery (knicks and another’s) in the 2021 draft. I personally think they’ve run their course in NY. Build smart and for the future. With as many potential building blocks as the 2021 draft has, a deal getting another lotto pick could propel us in the right direction. A combination of Cade Cunningham and Brandon Boston. Kuminga and Suggs. We’d have a young core to build around.

JS”
I wonder who would be dumb enough to give us a lotto pick for Frank and Kevin?????

Only chance at something like that happening is if they get minutes and they show out.

At that point everyone that wanted them out already would be screaming that the FO is dumb.

Knicks

I wonder who would be dumb enough to give us a lotto pick for Frank and Kevin?????

Only chance at something like that happening is if they get minutes and they show out.

At that point everyone that wanted them out already would be screaming that the FO is dumb.

Knicks

It would certainly be a challenge but a team like the Cavs comes to mind. They’ve got a ton of undersized guards and are still in the rebuilding phase. Even a team like Chicago or Detroit especially if their offseason moves flounder and they’re both respectively not trending in the right direction.

Granted, I do think more would be needed to get the pick (even if it means taking on a bad salary) but it could happen. RJ had a really poor rookie campaign and I believe there’s potential there (not ready to write him off just yet), but I would even consider moving him if it gets us high in the lotto for 2021. Even Mitchell. I know that might seem extreme, but this 2021 draft should be a really deep draft. The notion is to end up with a Tatum / Brown type pairing but obviously in NY.

JS”

What improvement do you need to see from these 4?

DSJ
Frank
Knox
Mitch
DSJr - improved shooting form, decision making, develop range, attitude and defense as a whole

Frank - offensive aggression, better/more ball handling, quick decision making, confidence

Knox - confidence, body language, shot consistency, using length better on the defensive end, improved off ball movement

Mitch - staying out of foul trouble, defensive IQ needs to be up and developing a mid range shot would be nice

Was Just looking at our 96 draft and all the players we missed out on with 3 1st round picks. Wondered if we could’ve moved up in that draft.

Back
Top Bottom