*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

80 pages for game 1? Man I wonder how long the clinching game thread will be
laugh.gif

imagine if the NYK someone how made it to the finals against the lakers... armageddon
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

laugh.gif

imagine if the NYK someone how made it to the finals against the lakers... armageddon
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

No doubt in my mind the entire series will reach 500+ pages before game 4.

Which every team on NT has a huge backing like the lakers,yankees,warriors, cowboys etc, etc, has bad apples in there group i dont no why some of yall worryabout it and keep posting back and forth with them.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hell if Knicks make the finals we know the end is near and it will literly be Armageddon.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
NT would CRASH.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Null Snake

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hell if Knicks make the finals we know the end is near and it will literly be Armageddon.

smh.gif
at you thinking the Knicks NEVER had any success...one of the most historic, storied franchises.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
NT would CRASH.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but Pierce not being able to walk one minute and then playing the next minute was kinda fishy. anyways, glad Celtics got it. 3 more to go
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

oh, Pierce'd heard a POP?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

still baffles me how the dude gets carried by his team mates to a wheel chair, wincing with pain...

...2 minutes later...

Pierce'd comes back through the halls running gingerly like a damn quasi-hero
indifferent.gif

Amazing
laugh.gif
Flip it.

Kobe goes down hard, and they dunno what's wrong with his knee.

It's game ONE of the NBA Finals, ie, there's SIX more games still to go.

Do you ask him to get up and 'see if he can walk around,' or do you bring out a wheelchair, to bring him back to the locker room to further evaluate and find out what's wrong with it?

Kobe comes back 2 minutes later, what do you think of Kobe?

"This dude Kobe is a warrior"

PP does it, Celtics win, and we get this as a result.

SOME Laker fans questioning the whole ordeal.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Realest thing I've heard

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

80+ pages easy.

More than half the post would be clowning on the Knicks and people saying "Lakers in Game 4"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well played, sir.

applause.jpg

Paul's two 3's in the 3rd were huge momentum-wise.

Did you see Kobe leisurely jogging back on Pierce's first three? The Lakers didn't execute well on their next possession, missing Sasha open off of ascreen and Kobe with space in the lane. Pierce hit another with Kobe sagging in the lane on Allen's drive.

That was Kobe's impersonation of Lamar giving Ginobili too much space in game 3 of that series
smh.gif

still will not show hate for refs. Lakers gotta execute on the offensive end.

Q-F-T

Kobe was destroying the Lakers offense with his over-dribbling. He was 3-5 farther from the lane when running the pick-and-roll compared to the previousseries. That led to him dribbling into help defense or passing the ball off to people that still had a defender on them because the defense had the time torotate. Move the pick-and-roll in a few feet and the Lakers will get lay-ups off of it. I credit the Celtics defense and Kobe's lack of patience.

The execute to improvise ratio was out of balance for Kobe tonight.

Let me add that I didn't even like the "good" shots he was taking in the first quarter. They seemed a little difficult to start the game with.

I'll echo others opinion that a lack of execution on offense and hustle on defense cost the Lakers the game.

I'm lookingn forward to the rest of the series.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Some of you Laker fans a pathetic, I think SKA saves y'all from the scrutiny sometimes. He is one of the few knowledgeable Laker fans in the board. The reason why they lost was simply because...

1. Pau is a soft dude....he relies on over the backs to get rebounds. And he cannot stay in front of Garnett.
2. Kobe forced up too many shots.
3. Farmar and Walton need to step up.
4. Celtics help defense was too good.
This post bugs me beacause you are wrong.

Pau played great tonight. Plus who the hell ever said pau wasn't soft? He played great d tonight.

You got the kobe thing right.

Walton and Farmar? Step up? Man come on now. There is no way in hell we can expect anything from them.

And 4 was kinda right. The D was good but it also helps that we had 6 or 7 shots rim out.

No need to diss every laker fan and then say ska saves us...

laugh.gif
I just love when Northern Cali fans come to share some unbiased views on the Lakers.
Was that directed at me? Because if you don't know I am socal through and through. I live 20 mintues away from staples and have probably been to as many laker games this year then have been in your life time.

no offense pac, but were you watching the same game

Pau was extra soft, had 3 or 5 points, the ENTIRE 2nd half, not to mention the constant lack of aggressiveness on the glass, as evidenced by KG having his man-region all up on Pau's head, not to mention getting eatin' alive on D by KG, I don't know what great D you are talking about. KG just went out to floating on the perimeter like he always does in the 4th shooting jumpers, Pau wasn't playing good D.

Kobe forced some shots, that's true

We don't ever expect Luke to do anything, so that's not a suprise, I wish Phil would use Ariza, at least he wouldn't be a waste of space on the floor

Celtics D was good, but we missed a LOT of WIDE open shots that went in and out

None taken...

But answer this question...

Pau had a great first half when they ran the pick and roll.

When did we stop using that pick and roll?

When did pau have a bad half?...

Hmmm....

laugh.gif
It's all good.

i get you, but is the pick and roll the only way he can score, pretty much all his baskets came off kobe setting him up, but still that's no excuse forhis lack of wanting to grab a damn rebound, letting 98 yr old PJ Brown body him and no way did he affect KG at all.

and it's looking more and more to me like if pau isn't scoring, he is not into the game at all on the other end. i mean that dunk by KG thatbasically sealed the deal, the shot went up and he just stood there looking, made ZERO effort to go for the ball, rebounding is all about desire, and it justseems to me pau has no desire to go for the tough ones. anyway, i've washed this game out of my system and like i said b4 the series started, i expected asplit in boston so we get game 2 it's all gravy

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Originally Posted by knightngale

is there a worse player than Luke Walton playing in this series?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
glen davis....

if he gets some burn.

cassell is by far the worse, he basically cancelled everything he did in the first half with that stretch in the early 4th... shooting bad shots and thenpassing a shot with no time left on clock

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Originally Posted by knightngale

is there a worse player than Luke Walton playing in this series?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
glen davis....

if he gets some burn.

nah at least DAvis will body up some people and get some boards

Luke does NOTHING positive

dude must feel like a thief with his 6 year 30 mill contract
tired.gif

I will say this...

When the Lakers are playing well, the ball moves. No one holds the ball long. You get it and either shoot, pass, or put it on the floor.

Tonight, I saw Kobe dribbling, dribbling, dribbling too much, hovering around trying to make something happen. Everytime I saw him dribble more than 2 secondsI thought to myself, "Oh God, please don't. Whatever you're thinking, just don't."

He took shots - bad shots - under double coverage, driving with 2-3 guys under the hoop, forcing stuff on turnarounds deep in the corner, taking shots on gooddefense.

I felt like he was benched early in the 4th because he was trying to hard and Phil tried to get the others back in sync. And it worked...they cut it to 5before Kobe came back.

But it is what it is. We'll get em next game.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

oh, Pierce'd heard a POP?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

still baffles me how the dude gets carried by his team mates to a wheel chair, wincing with pain...

...2 minutes later...

Pierce'd comes back through the halls running gingerly like a damn quasi-hero
indifferent.gif

Amazing
laugh.gif
Flip it.

Kobe goes down hard, and they dunno what's wrong with his knee.

It's game ONE of the NBA Finals, ie, there's SIX more games still to go.

Do you ask him to get up and 'see if he can walk around,' or do you bring out a wheelchair, to bring him back to the locker room to further evaluate and find out what's wrong with it?

Kobe comes back 2 minutes later, what do you think of Kobe?

"This dude Kobe is a warrior"

PP does it, Celtics win, and we get this as a result.

SOME Laker fans questioning the whole ordeal.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
your missing the point, Kobe would not have been crying on his way to the locker room I doubt he would have even went if he wasn't sure it was verybad! Your just assuming kobe would be a @+#%$ like Paul was, very bad assumtion to make dude is playing with torn tendons in his shooting hand! If my newphewwho is 8 does that during a football or basketball game he gets slapped in the back of the head and he stops crying gets up and plays on! Mybe my familys oddbecause we play football more than basketball but if you sent injured to the fact youcant play the next game then you suck it up and play on!

i get you, but is the pick and roll the only way he can score, pretty much all his baskets came off kobe setting him up, but still that's no excuse for his lack of wanting to grab a damn rebound, letting 98 yr old PJ Brown body him and no way did he affect KG at all.

and it's looking more and more to me like if pau isn't scoring, he is not into the game at all on the other end. i mean that dunk by KG that basically sealed the deal, the shot went up and he just stood there looking, made ZERO effort to go for the ball, rebounding is all about desire, and it just seems to me pau has no desire to go for the tough ones. anyway, i've washed this game out of my system and like i said b4 the series started, i expected a split in boston so we get game 2 it's all gravy

You got a point.

I guess I just don't expect much from pau. I don't expect him to be that back down type player because (IMO) that's not what he is.

Maybe he will surprise me.

But like you said. Game is over. Got to move on. They won on their home floor.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Those of you giving SoHi and tupac props: I give you props.

For now.

See, I've been here too long.

I know good and damn well that you won't remember the two folks who didn't blame the refs later in the future. I doubt you'll even remember Sunday.
laugh.gif
We'll just read your tired comments like 'Laker fans this' and 'Laker fans that', and you'll completely forget that you bigged them up in this thread.

I doubt they have even damaged the armor of your Laker-hating exterior.
laugh.gif

Like I've said before:
- all comments made by Laker fans against the refs count for FOUR comments each
- all comments made by Laker fans against the other team count for FIVE comments each
- all comments made by Laker fans for the refs count as ONE-THIRD OF A COMMENT
- all comments made by Laker fans for the other team count for ONE-HALF of a comment

roll.gif
i've been here for a long time as well, but i've always recognized which laker fans are rational. any regular S+T poster should know.

i hate to get on this topic again, but i don't think you're correct in your assumptions. this is beating a dead horse X infinity..so I'll keep it short.

No one hates Laker fans just because they're Laker fans. It's hard to take some of them seriously because of how irrational some of them can be sometimes (blaming refs for every loss and always talking unnecessary smack about the other team). If you can't agree with that, I really don't know what to say.
ohwell.gif

Again, please note my use of the word some. Not all Laker fans are like this.
EXACTLY.

What ska doesn't get is, the Lakers following is STRONG. There's A LOT in the group.

As a result, not EVERYBODY acts the same.

There's A LOT of irrational Lakers fans. I mean, you can just look through this thread to see.

With that said though, there ARE rational Lakers fans here as well.

Just like how there ARE Laker haters out there.

But there's ALSO people who don't even care about the Lakers OR the Celitcs. Like me and acid, for example, and we chime in with what we chime in with.

But we're like grouped in the 'Laker hater' group.
I mean, I see the point you two are making (it's not really that difficult; mater of fact, it's kind of an extension of my point), but Ididn't even name you two.

I'm getting at those that say blanket statements, statements like 'Oh here we go again with Laker fanss' and 'You Laker fans are a trip.'

I don't read where either of you said anything like that, so I wasn't even getting at you two.

happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom