THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

floodarea floodarea Please stop painting a picture that I dislike Romo. Literally every assumption you referenced of how I perceive him you completely pulled out of the sky, one example; "you let 1 early moment in his career define him"

No I didn't, I never even brought that up.

So I was wrong in forgetting about the start of the 07' season, I'll eat crow there. But you and @MPire can't bring that season up all Willy Nilly and not address the elephant in the room....

What's your evaluation on him being a no show in that 07' playoff game, and really outside of the ONE 09' Philly playoff game dude being a complete shell of himself his playoff career? That's why I don't see how you or anyone else say he gives this years' team a higher ceiling... it's not like the regular season where I agree in a lot of different scenario's, he's carried us. In the playoffs he hasn't proven a thing and I don't know how you or anyone else can say with a straight face at 36 and a slew of serious injuries, that he's going to flip the switch and go on some miracle run to lead us to the super bowl. This isn't the movies, so where are you guys pulling this confidence from?

Last edited:
Regarding my race reference... don't take it out of context.

It's no secret that AA starting quarterbacks haven't been all that successful for extended amounts of time in this league. So it's no surprise to me that most ppl hanging on to the hope of romo's return are white adults who like to reference meaningless regular season stats that in no way specify how Romo's going to make THIS specific team better. It's never about oh, Romo will utilize Witten better than Dak or Romo will spread it out more to keep teams guessing... the rebuttal is generally a "feeling" that Romo gives us a better shot, MAYBE coupled with a random stat that in no way illustrates how that makes him a better option than Dak.

That's a long winded way of me saying that I think most are afraid of change and the fact it's coming in the form of an AA QB is not comforting to some, so much so they want to bench him in favor of the old injury riddled guy with a knack for making the critical mistake.

Well said floodarea floodarea

It has nothing to do with race man.:lol: Miss me with the NT shenanigans family..
You made an as outta yourself, by assuming..Just loud and wrong, and very ignorant..

Romo is a superior quarterback to a rookie, any rookie...he just is man and the numbers back that up in every way..

Like floodarea said, theres still improvements to be made in daks game, the eagles game exposed that...

Are we nitpicking, yea. Don't make it any less true...

No way in hell do I wanna play the elite defenses of the world with a rookie qb...he's gonna look lost in the sauce, kinda like the first 4 quarters of that Philly game...

Our best chance to win a bowl THIS YEAR comes with the ten year veteran, the third highest rated passer EVER, etc...no way we beat the patriots with a rookie. No way no how.

Dak is the future, and the future is bright. But ain't nothing random or racial about wanting romo to start.

Last edited:
Like, fam said I'm scared of a black qb like I ain't root for Quincy Carter garbage high self...

Like I ain't say again and again Mike Vick got the book cause of his skin color...

Like I ain't harped in the NFL thread the lack of chances black coaches get...

You barking up the wrong tree with that one family, I get that your in and out of NT, but in the words of the great renaissance poet Christopher Wallace "don't make an as outta yourself, by assuming"

I like to read Bob sturms "decoding linehan" every Monday morning.

He points out EXACTLY the throws Dak missed against Philly...and they're was ALOT, for those that think dak is prime Brady and can't improve :lol:

Like I said, he's a rookie, so games like that are to be expected...

A better coached team is gonna capitalize on those rookie mistakes tho.

Last edited:
And for the record, Tony Romo has Mexican grandparents...

So how's that for your Lily white qb?

What was Tony Romo's passer rating last year?

Peyton Manning also had a pretty good year in 2014.

10 years ago, Romo could have a shotgun snap go over his head, pick up the ball and dodge 3 defenders to turn a potential 20 yards loss into a 3 yard gain, he can't do that anymore because he is not the same player.

It's funny to me that Dak is playing so well that Romo fans have to cherry pick stats over a 10 year career to make their points.

Last edited:
Fam. 2014 was a decade ago? Really?

And I'm not sure if that's a good example considering Manning just won a Superbowl :lol: and believe it or not,he was an important part of that teams success. His football iq was important to BEATING THE PATRIOTS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

And when it came down to it, the broncos chose the brain of the veteran over the physical abilities of the young gun...

I wonder why the broncos did that [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Peyton Manning was terrible in the playoffs last year. He had one of the lowest QB ratings for a winning Super Bowl QB in NFL history.

The Broncos had no young gun and still don't have one. Osweiller sucks, Simeon sucks, they are still trying to find a QB.

You the one that brought him up family. Not me...

You brought him up to prove howwashedd he and romo are, when he's coming off a Superbowl...lol. Once more, not a good example.

Please let washed romo lead us to a Superbowl, hell, Mark Sanchez can win us the damn chip, IDC who the qb is..

But just like the broncos did, I know my chances of winning playoff football are greater with someone who's "been there, done that"...

This thread is sumn else man. Dead af year after year, and the one year the thread is poppin, it's full of cynics...I feel like an eagles fan, just arguing for arguments sake.

We're 7-1 man. Let's enjoy. Let's celebrate. Let's talk Pittsburg this Sunday...

Last edited:
And for the record, Tony Romo has Mexican grandparents...

So how's that for your Lily white qb?

What does Romo's grandparents being Mexican have to do with anything? :lol: my statement was specifically about how people perceive change and how in this case it's coming in the form of an AA QB, so miss me with the irrelevant facts.

Thank you for proving my point though...

Again, instead of specifying what exactly Romo can do on the field TODAY to make THIS steam better, you reference stats that dude achieved before two major injuries :lol:

You preach Prescott can't beat the Patriots team, "no way no how" based on how he looked in a game that we won and can be argued will be a defining moment in this season :rofl:

Again, Dak's not perfect, but if his shortcomings come in the form of missed throws in wins while Romo's come in the form of critical turnovers in heartbreaking losses, the decision shouldn't be that hard.

21-27, 247 yds, 3 TD's in a blowout.... BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE 6 INCOMPLETIONS DOE?!! :rofl:

Last edited:
And I'm not sure if that's a good example considering Manning just won a Superbowl :lol: and believe it or not,he was an important part of that teams success. His football iq was important to BEATING THE PATRIOTS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!
And when it came down to it, the broncos chose the brain of the veteran over the physical abilities of the young gun...

Did you really just try to make the point that we should follow the Broncos template because in part, Brock of last year and Dak of this year are equivalents? :lol: go get you some coffee fam :lol:

21-27, 247 yds, 3 TD's in a blowout.... BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE 6 INCOMPLETIONS DOE?!! :rofl:

I can't argue this. [emoji]128513[/emoji]. "Dak still can't complete the deep pass". Nevermind that Dez has routine deep passes hit him in the hands week after week in man to man coverage and the $20 million man can't make the catch.

Last edited:

and Peyton was great In 2013 and was one of the worst QBs in 2015.2 years later. No, Broncos d was way better last year. They won in spite of Manning not because of him.

Romo is old and has had major injuries.. Sorry but I don't believe he comes back and plays like 2014 Romo. 2 years in football is a long time. Dude wasn't lighting it up last year when he played. People are looking at the name and not the reality of the situation.. Romo got hurt in preseason, can't even take light hits anymore and we have the best line in the l. Nothing more needs to be said.

Last edited:

And I'm not sure if that's a good example considering Manning just won a Superbowl
laugh.gif
and believe it or not,he was an important part of that teams success. His football iq was important to BEATING THE PATRIOTS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

and Peyton was great In 2013 and was one of the worst QBs in 2015.2 years later. No, Broncos d was way better last year. They won in spite of Manning not because of him.

Romo is old and has had major injuries.. Sorry but I don't believe he comes back and plays like 2014 Romo. 2 years in football is a long time. Dude wasn't lighting it up last year when he played. People are looking at the name and not the reality of the situation.. Romo got hurt in preseason, can't even take light hits anymore and we have the best line in the l. Nothing more needs to be said.
This.

An the sadder part is, Romo at his best is a regular season warrior, never proved a damn thing in the postseason but yet... he's somehow going to reach down deep and lead us to the SB and take down the mighty Patriots. Like I said, this ain't no damn movie.

I feel y'all. Great points.

Bottom line is none of us know anything for sure...

I think a veteran presence is EXACTLY what we need to go deep in the playoffs...

And for the record @LarryDavid you didn't prove no point at all bringing race in here and I damn sure ain't prove that point for you man.

So miss me with that..you was loud and wrong...I ain't white folk...

So I dont get what you assuming I'm white has to do with the conversation, the same way you don't get me bringing up romos grandparents ethnicity.

Let's leave this at football fam...

Last edited:
I feel y'all. Great points.

Bottom line is none of us know anything for sure...

I think a veteran presence is EXACTLY what we need to go deep in the playoffs...

Yea, a veteran presence coaching Dak from the sidelines.

For real though, if Romo came out and practiced and looked like 2014 Romo, I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back in. That Browns game would have been the perfect game to ease him in during the 4th quarter and see if he still has it.

I am opposed to just throwing him out there like he is owed his spot because of what he did in the past and not what he can do now.

That's my thing with the romo detractors.. Who is to say he can't come back in that form?

And we can all agree if he came back in 2014 form, that qb >>> Dak.

2014 romo was the best qb in the league by many metrics man...Second best by all the other metrics...

This is a better overall team imo, which is why I wanna see romo with this TEAM...

Worst case scenario he's peyton, y'all were right, so just bring dak back in...

That's a low risk/high reward situation....win win foeverybody...

Last edited:
I undestand Romo has had issues staying healthy the past couple years but seriously y'all are talking about this man like he wasn't still playing at an elite level before he got hurt. His skills aren't washed and he never showed us any signs of going that way either. That kind of play doesn't just go away. I love me some Dak but man... y'all are blinded by the hype the way some of you guys are just ready to say he's the end all to end all 
mean.gif

And for the record @LarryDavid you didn't prove no point at all bringing race in here and I damn sure ain't prove that point for you man.
So miss me with that..you was loud and wrong...I ain't white folk...
So I dont get what you assuming I'm white has to do with the conversation, the same way you don't get me bringing up romos grandparents ethnicity.
Let's leave this at football fam...

Fam, I never said/assumed you were white. But yes, you did prove my point of there being zero-minimal logic that says why Romo is any form a better option for this Cowboys team than Dak... outside of not being comfortable with change/the unknown. Whether you wanna accept that or not is none of my concern.

Last edited:
I undestand Romo has had issues staying healthy the past couple years but seriously y'all are talking about this man like he wasn't still playing at an elite level before he got hurt. His skills aren't washed and he never showed us any signs of going that way either. That kind of play doesn't just go away. I love me some Dak but man... y'all are blinded by the hype the way some of you guys are just ready to say he's the end all to end all :smh:

In 2015 he was not playing at an elite level though.

It's an unknown if his skills are washed like Peyton Manning skills.

Why can't mofos just be happy that we're finally winning?

I don't care who our QB is, I'm just glad we have a future QB and can finally put this when will they start grooming a QB issue to rest.

I get frustrated every time I come in here, now we got mofos in here talkin about race. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom