THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

Brandon Carr played horrible but Sean Lee looks great ....hope we get home field advantage bc we don't look good in the cold weather, *pause* ball must have been hard as a rock the way everybody was dropping it.

Lets refocus and finish strong.

Dak had a terrible game.

But let's wait until there are multiple games in a row like this before you pull the plug.

And this is coming from someone who thinks if we had Romo under the center starting Week 1, we would likely still have a 11-2 record.

Last edited:
The thing about Dak is that he usually don't turn the ball over ...next week he can't turn the ball over or we definitely will be having a QB controversy. 2 picks and a fumble is unacceptable.

He needs to make more plays with his legs once he feels the pocket collapse but his awareness seemed off this game for some odd reason. (Giants D?)

Last edited:
1. Dak's pocket pressence has to get better. I've said that all season.
2. I don't understand why he doesn't run more. It's like he's trying to prove he can throw instead of making the smart play.
3. Dez can't create separation. I've been saying this for idk how long but he needs to become a better route runner.

Overall, terrible showing for Dak/Dez. We had some terrible play calls. Zeke did his part and so did the defense.
Church dropped 2 big ones. :smh:

We stay the course. Dak is our QB.

Yeah, Dak needed to use his legs, it was there. D played well, gotta get those turnovers. Lost by 3 on the road to a tough division opponent, could be worse.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240865/Romo-hurt-after-getting-hit

Yea, if Romo could still do that he would be starting. Don't think for a second that the coaches decided to "ride the hot hand" over who they think is the better QB.
Isn't he a scout team QB now? If Romo looked like Romo I'm sure he'd be out there playing every Sunday.

Last edited:
Play calling lost us that game. They had dak out there doing too much. We have been wining with running the ball and short passes to open up the deep ball. Too many deep passes with no one getting open

Yea, if Romo could still do that he would be starting. Don't think for a second that the coaches decided to "ride the hot hand" over who they think is the better QB.
Isn't he a scout team QB now? If Romo looked like Romo I'm sure he'd be out there playing every Sunday.

Yea I am pretty sure he is the scout team QB. If it comes to us having to bring Romo back in, the season is lost

I'm not saying to bench Dak but I do notice that he doesn't look comfortable it there, it's like he freezes up if it's not an easy play. We can't depend on playing conservative every game.

Last edited:
My thoughts,

Dez had a baaaaaad game, drops, slips, or just out of the play.

Dak wasn't on point either. Ima credit the Giants d line for keeping the pocket contained. Dak would go to scramble, and they were there to stop it.

Dez fumbled that ball no doubt, but with the way the rules are, I thought they would come back with a fumble. Maybe cause the fumble came up high and before hitting the ground, but its so difficult to discern the rules imo.

Cold weather, one bad play on D, good pressure on Eli in the 1st half...only allowed 10 points with a missed/doinked fg, Im ok with this loss.

its a shame Dak has led this team to 11-2 and they calling for his spot this quick, and I like Romo a lot, but damn.

On to the Bucs, gonna have to stop Evans. :x

2 rookie games in a row from Dak...He's GOT TO stop the fumbling, pocket awareness needs to improve, but Dak bein Dak, I'm willing to bet he's working on that now..can't forget his mechanics either, too many off balance throws..

We need to add some quicker throws in the offense...so many times Dak held the ball forever just to take a sack or throw to nobody...some quick high percentage throws should help..

Not DEZ best game at all...jenkins won that battle. Easily..

2 rookie games in a row from Dak...He's GOT TO stop the fumbling, pocket awareness needs to improve, but Dak bein Dak, I'm willing to bet he's working on that now..can't forget his mechanics either, too many off balance throws..

We need to add some quicker throws in the offense...so many times Dak held the ball forever just to take a sack or throw to nobody...some quick high percentage throws should help..

Not DEZ best game at all...jenkins won that battle. Easily..

All of this.

Giants fans acting like they won the SB in that stadium yesterday :lol:. Dudes were giving huge hugs and kisses to their girlfriends/spouses/significant others. One Cowboys fan was like "did she say yes?!" :lol:

11-2 still in prime position for HFA especially with Seattle losing yesterday which was huge. Dak is going to have to play better. Thinking these dudes got overconfident with that win streak.

Irvin might have been right last week when he said they need to experience a loss before the playoffs.

i said it all offseason brandon carr got to go NOW. get him off the team.

dez cant be playing like that
mean.gif

Weird how Alfred Morris got zero touches. Wonder if he's upset with the coaching staff for his lack of involvement.

Yeah, I'm not mad at the defense at all I miss Wilcox. I was surprised Alfred Morris didn't get any burn.

When our defense plays as good as it did last night the offense HAS to help. We've spent how long talking about needing a defense to help Tony and then when they play well we doo doo on ourselves.

An interesting point that Dan LeBatard made on his radio show today.

Dak has been great.

BUT in the last few weeks he's looking like a Game Manager of a QB, and that's a dangerous guy to rely on.

Check downs and being afraid to take chances or afraid to make mistakes a la Alex Smith isn't going to win you Super Bowls.

It's not to say Dak is that guy because he had the Browns, Ravens, Steelers games which he was the QB we need, BUT he can't revert to a play it safe QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom