THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

There's very little reason for us to not trade a 2nd for Earl Thomas.

1. If we trade for Earl, the idea is that it gets us into the Playoffs. That would mean the idea is that it would be a Late 2nd. Not 33-45 Pick.
2. We have a young secondary. Awuzie, Lewis & Woods are locked in for 2 more seasons after this. Jones, Heath, Brown & Fraizer don't become FA until after the 2019 season. Earl gives us a veteran leader who Produces, and allows us to ignore the secondary for a few seasons.
3. If the FO is worried about the money, we can cut T. Crawford & TWill after the season and get $7.5mil back. There's no more dead cap on Romo & Dez that's another $16mil saved.
4. It allows us to focus in on our biggest needs on Offense, WR & OLine. And then on defense we can hone in on value picks and depth.
5. We are getting a comp 4th for letting Anthony Hitchens go, and likely a comp 7th because we let Kony Ealy go. If we could figure out any way to get a 4th between now and Day 2 of the Early 4th, we really didn't sacrifice much of anything for Earl Thomas.
Dang how this has changed in a few hours. Well the chances of it happening

I'd be surprised if Dez is a Cowboy again, he just using his Twitter fingers to keep his buzz alive.

I know it seems crazy to think this, but Earl most likely will be a Cowboys next year. Apparently he had a "clean fracture" which means a faster recovery time, and most if not all players return to their former selves injuries like this. Plus, he cant ask for a max contract now.

I’m for Dez back if we can properly utilize him. But with no receiver who would take any attention off him, it’s not going to happen.

Maybe after this season it’s something to look at.

I say don’t bring Dez back and spend money on a younger up and coming receiver. Looking at Hurns numbers from the last two seasons I am un sure on what the Cowboys was expecting for him to do

there's some good FAs next year to sign

Golden Tate or John Brown would be nice

don't think Dez comes back

Scott Linehan needs to be shown the door today.

Problem is that's just one issue. Garrett needs to go. Need to move on from Dak, but that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Shoulda thrown money at John brown and tyran matheiu instead and gotten a depth corner moreso

Jerry disagreed w the clapper publicly last night hopefully this is the beginning of the end

Byron Jones has the #1 cornerback grade according to ProFootballFocus :pimp:

82B41D3C-FD4D-428D-B4B5-F221DE61DBCD.jpeg
2B774B1B-E9D2-4F64-94D8-142ED00E7976.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom