THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

I'm convinced that Dak has the skills to be great but is just lazy AF with his footwork ... I'm going to need the coaches to not allow him a single throw in practice where he isnt entirely focused on his footwork ...

A little early but I’m bored

PFF Grades for Regular Season

Dak Prescott - 74.6 (19th among QBs)

Ezekiel Elliott - 72.3 (29th among qualified RBs)
Rod Smith - 58.0

Amari Cooper - 77.9 (27th among WRs)
Cole Beasley - 74.8 (32nd among WRs)
Allen Hurns - 64.6 (74th among WRs)
Michael Gallup- 60.3 (97th among WRs)

Blake Jarwin - 69.3 (22nd among TEs)
Dalton Shultz - 66.1 (31st among TEs)
Geoff Swaim - 57.1 (54th among TEs)
Rico Gathers - 56.3 (not enough snaps to qualify)

Tyron Smith - 78.6 (11th among OT) his 85.3 grade in pass blocking is 8th among OTs. His 67.3 grade in run block is 24th among qualified OTs
La’el Collins - 71.7 (27th among OTs). His 69.7 grade in the run block is 50th. His 72.0 grade in run block is 8th among qualified OTs.
Cam Fleming - 56.5 grade in backing up Tyron

Zack Matin - 80.5 (2nd among OGs). His 84.7 grade in pass block is 6th. 73.4 in run block is 3rd
Connor Williams - 58.0 is 49th
Xavier Su’a-Filo - 43.3 is 78th

Joe Looney- 53.7 (30th among Centers)

Offensive Needs (In Order, IMO):
LG - No Connor Williams. No Su’a-Filo. This is likely our biggest need on offense. If TFred can go in 2019 at Center, then it’s not as important because we’d have 3 All Pro lineman, but it’s our weakest link by far.

OT - La’el played better later in the year, I still think we’d be better with him at LG due to the hole there, but with Tyron being hurt often it’d just create another hole. Tyron is one of the best LTs in the league still, but in a couple years, I think it’s time to think about moving him to RT due to him being less durable. I guess overpay a good OT on a 1 year deal to be a backup.

TE - Jarwin showed some flashes, but we should be looking at the market, see what we can find because a lot of times these TEs were not enough. I’d like to see what the 6’8” basketball player would look like in the red zone as well. Cut ties with Swaim at the very least.

WR - Cut Hurns, Cut TWill. Can save $7.25mil in cap by cutting them both. No need to pay good money for those guys to be the 4th and 5th WRs. Use that to sign Beasley to a 2 year deal. Run with Coop & Gallup on the outside. Beas on the inside. I’d be interested in Tavon Austin back for cheap for KR/PR and a 2nd guy out of the slot, and look for 1 more veteran WR. If we don’t cut TWill, I’m okay with that because he only saves $2.25mil, but $5mil for Hurns who went from 1st WR to 4th WR, is not worth it at all.

RB - Need someone who is quick, can give it to 5-10 in the run and can catch out of the backfield. There’s always a few late in the draft.

Last edited:
A little early but I’m bored

PFF Grades for Regular Season

Dak Prescott - 74.6 (19th among QBs)

Ezekiel Elliott - 72.3 (29th among qualified RBs)
Rod Smith - 58.0

Amari Cooper - 77.9 (27th among WRs)
Cole Beasley - 74.8 (32nd among WRs)
Allen Hurns - 64.6 (74th among WRs)
Michael Gallup- 60.3 (97th among WRs)

Blake Jarwin - 69.3 (22nd among TEs)
Dalton Shultz - 66.1 (31st among TEs)
Geoff Swaim - 57.1 (54th among TEs)
Rico Gathers - 56.3 (not enough snaps to qualify)

Tyron Smith - 78.6 (11th among OT) his 85.3 grade in pass blocking is 8th among OTs. His 67.3 grade in run block is 24th among qualified OTs
La’el Collins - 71.7 (27th among OTs). His 69.7 grade in the run block is 50th. His 72.0 grade in run block is 8th among qualified OTs.
Cam Fleming - 56.5 grade in backing up Tyron

Zack Matin - 80.5 (2nd among OGs). His 84.7 grade in pass block is 6th. 73.4 in run block is 3rd
Connor Williams - 58.0 is 49th
Xavier Su’a-Filo - 43.3 is 78th

Joe Looney- 53.7 (30th among Centers)

Offensive Needs (In Order, IMO):
LG - No Connor Williams. No Su’a-Filo. This is likely our biggest need on offense. If TFred can go in 2019 at Center, then it’s not as important because we’d have 3 All Pro lineman, but it’s our weakest link by far.

OT - La’el played better later in the year, I still think we’d be better with him at LG due to the hole there, but with Tyron being hurt often it’d just create another hole. Tyron is one of the best LTs in the league still, but in a couple years, I think it’s time to think about moving him to RT due to him being less durable. I guess overpay a good OT on a 1 year deal to be a backup.

TE - Jarwin showed some flashes, but we should be looking at the market, see what we can find because a lot of times these TEs were not enough. I’d like to see what the 6’8” basketball player would look like in the red zone as well. Cut ties with Swaim at the very least.

WR - Cut Hurns, Cut TWill. Can save $7.25mil in cap by cutting them both. No need to pay good money for those guys to be the 4th and 5th WRs. Use that to sign Beasley to a 2 year deal. Run with Coop & Gallup on the outside. Beas on the inside. I’d be interested in Tavon Austin back for cheap for KR/PR and a 2nd guy out of the slot, and look for 1 more veteran WR. If we don’t cut TWill, I’m okay with that because he only saves $2.25mil, but $5mil for Hurns who went from 1st WR to 4th WR, is not worth it at all.

RB - Need someone who is quick, can give it to 5-10 in the run and can catch out of the backfield. There’s always a few late in the draft.
I’m surprised Zeke isn’t rated higher. I forgot Rico and T. Will was even on the roster, lol

Just now got a chancebto watch film from week 17. Not sure what the cowboys were doing but they ran a bunch of different schemes on Offense and Defense. The were moving the pocket a lot on offense and allowed Dak to throw the ball more on the run.

Seattle defense has a lot of holes that I hope they expose on Saturday.

Just now got a chancebto watch film from week 17. Not sure what the cowboys were doing but they ran a bunch of different schemes on Offense and Defense. The were moving the pocket a lot on offense and allowed Dak to throw the ball more on the run. Dak also had a little more zip on his passes

Seattle defense has a lot of holes that I hope they expose on Saturday.

This team is completely diff from the first Seattle game...

Suafilo wasn’t starting yet...Colombo wasn’t the Oline coach yet...they’ve given the Oline and Zeke an obvious boost...

LVE wasn’t starting...i won’t say he individually caused the D to turn it up a notch, but this D is definitely a diff beast than before..The Lbs are playing stellar, Gregory had a good couple weeks, even Ant brown making plays..

Gallop + Amari make for a whole new WR corps, their impact goes without saying...

So I’m hoping we can show Seattle sumn new and ride this momentum!!

essential1 essential1 do you have the same PFF rankings for defense? I’m curious..

DLaw - 89.5 (7th among edge rushers) . 84.5 pass rush grade is 9th. 9th in run defense.
Taco - 66.5 (60th among edge rushers). 59.1 pass rush / 68.5 on run def
Randy Gregory - 62.7 (72nd among edge rushers). 68.3 pass rush. 63.2 on run defense.
Dorance Armstrong- 53.7 (100th ranked edge rusher)

TCrawford - 74.4 (43rd ranked Interior Defender). 66.9 pass rush / 72.1 run defense
Antwan Woods - 71.1 (59th ranked interior defender). 77.8 pass rush. 52.5 run defense
Caraun Reid - 70.0 didn’t qualify with snaps. 63.8 pass rush. 68.5 run defense
Daniel Ross - 66.3 (70th ranked). 78.3 pass rush. 54.2 run defense.
Maliek Collins - 63.9 (90th ranked). 63.5 pass rush. 61.1 run defense.
David Irving - 62.5 didn’t qualify with snaps

Vander Esch - 84.9 (4th ranked). 83.2 in run defense. 81.2 in coverage. 66.5 in pass rush
Jaylon Smith - 84.4 (5th ranked). 74.3 in run defense. 79.8 in coverage. 84.8 in pass rush.
Joe Thomas - 63.9 not enough snaps. 57.3 in run defense. 61.6 in coverage. 76.1 in pass rush.
Sean Lee - 59.8 not enough snaps. 66.7 in run defense. 54 in coverage. 59 in pass rush.
Damien Wilson - 43.2 (86th ranked LB). 56.5 in run defense. 31.0 in coverage. 62.0 in pass rush.

Byron Jones- 83.1 (6th ranked DB). 83.3 in coverage.
Jourdan Lewis- 78.1 (not enough snaps). 74.7 in coverage.
Chidobe Awuzie-64.8 (65th ranked DB). 66.1 in coverage.
Anthony Brown- 64.1 (66th ranked DB). 62.8 in coverage.

Xavier Woods- 70.5 (37th ranked Safety). 75.2 in coverage.
Jeff Heath - 56.7 (79th ranked Safety). 59.6 in coverage.
Kavon Frazier - 59.8 (not enough snaps) 41.1 in coverage.

DLine - I would say cut TCrawford due to his money, But word is there’s no chance in hell that Irving is coming back, and Cowboys may want to cut ties with Taco Charlton as well, they should let Taco get another try. Gregory can ball if he keeps his head on straight. I do think we need another quality pass rusher.
DLaw/Gregory/Taco-TCraw/Ross/Reid is a quality start though.

LB- LVE & Jaylon can ball. Time to start looking for a Sean Lee replacement, he’s owed $10mil next year with a $3mil dead cap, should convert his 1 year $10mil to a 2 year $10mil with game bonuses being up to 1/3 of that $10mil. Let Damien Wilson go. Joe Thomas is a decent backup.

DB- Leave it the way it is. Don’t need to add anyone.

Safety- Xavier Woods is good. Heath and Frazier are garbage. If they want Heath’s “leadership” he can lead from the bench. But safety is biggest need on defense.

Ranked in order:
1. Safety
2. Sean Lee replacement
3. Another pass rusher.

Last edited:
Are we still in the Earl Thomas game?

I'd sign Earl. Draft a TE, OL, and LB in R2/3/4.

Draft someone to return kicks and punts and play some slot. No more unexplosive Tavon Austin or Cole Beasley bull****.

Pay Demarcus Lawrence whatever it takes. He makes this whole thing go. I'd make Byron go and prove it again. Then franchise if you have to.

Realistically, what kind of contract are we going to have to shell out for Dak? The QB market is such a mess it's hard to tell.

Right now on 1/2/19? Probably in the Eli, Rivers, Tannehill, Flacco, Bortles range.

At the high:
Eli got 4 year $84mil ($67 guaranteed)

At the low;
Bortles got 3 year $54mil

Bortles range only happens if it’s a dry market for QBs. That’s doubtful though. There’s always a couple teams who are dying for a QB.

But it really all depends on what we do in the playoffs this year, and if he leads us to the playoffs next year.

Last edited:
upload_2019-1-5_21-16-39.jpeg

Gotta give Dak his credit on those big plays

But our weak pass game is gonna be the death of us in the end

Gonna enjoy this one though

Why the hell didn’t they just victory formation the clock out inside the 1? Dummy *** JG

Back
Top Bottom