THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

I couldn't disagree more on Marinelli.

We're upset with him for having an OK defense when the talent level is dog ****.

That's not on him. He turned in a decent defense with one star, a couple of solid starters, and a bunch of dudes no one else wanted.

Defensive line talent? Garbage. Linebacker talent outside of Sean? Garbage. Secondary? Just ok. No impact talent.

With the lack of talent and depth we have on that side of the ball, I don't know that there's a great course of action either way. Attack and get burned, or bend and hope to give up a FG. Both suck. But that's where our talent level is.

Is there a defense anywhere in the league that outperformed ours with less talent? If so, it's a hell of a short list.

Yea marinelli got shown up against green bay...that was one game...I agree the 3 man rush,spy and zone was silly against an ON FIRE Aaron Rodgers...but that's just one game...

Pittsburgh offense got points at will as well...

The other 15 games marinelli was outstanding...every week there was somebody different stepping up on D...one week its Mo, one week its church, next week is Irving, it might be the rookie Collins...

That's a product of great coaching IMO..its showing he's getting the most out of his players...this isn't like when we had coach kiffin and the game had just passed him by...

I think marinelli really just needs some blue Chip players to take things to the next level...

But as far as working with what he has and coaching them up...I think he's great at that..

I hope we go defense, defense, defense in the draft...give this man some pieces!

Yea marinelli got shown up against green bay...that was one game...I agree the 3 man rush,spy and zone was silly against an ON FIRE Aaron Rodgers...but that's just one game...
What defensive coach was going to take our talent and stop Aaron Rodgers?

There isn't one. We don't have the horses.

What defensive coach was going to take our talent and stop Aaron Rodgers?

There isn't one. We don't have the horses.
I don't think anyone was looking for this D to stop A-Rod... but coming out in a playoff game off a bye and giving up 3 straight TD's to a team w/o it's #1 receiver is a fuggin' joke

I don't disagree. The Green Bay game is brutal. Defense and offense came out sluggish, dug a hole and couldn't get all the way out of it.

That said, I'm not convinced the defensive issues are on Marinelli. The talent isn't there. We haven't invested **** in the front 7 in years. Demarcus Lawrence isn't very good. Gregory is a burn out. Jaylon Smith was a lotto ticket.

Marinelli's hands are tied behind his back and we want him to punch Aaron Rodgers in the mouth. It's unrealistic.

I couldn't disagree more on Marinelli.

We're upset with him for having an OK defense when the talent level is dog ****.

That's not on him. He turned in a decent defense with one star, a couple of solid starters, and a bunch of dudes no one else wanted.

Defensive line talent? Garbage. Linebacker talent outside of Sean? Garbage. Secondary? Just ok. No impact talent.

With the lack of talent and depth we have on that side of the ball, I don't know that there's a great course of action either way. Attack and get burned, or bend and hope to give up a FG. Both suck. But that's where our talent level is.

Is there a defense anywhere in the league that outperformed ours with less talent? If so, it's a hell of a short list.

Honest question who is our one star on Defensive?

I want to say Lee? But it's been many times this year where I didn't even notice he was on the field. I know our defense isn't good but was he even on the field last Sunday?

It's definitely Lee. He had a great year and finally stayed healthy. Which means he'll miss 12 weeks next year.

Jaylen Smith next year 
pimp.gif

We must of been watching two different teams if you didn't notice Sean lee this year. That all pro was earned fam. He was ACTIVE!!!

Can't wait to see the Sean Lee + Jaylen Smith combo...gonna be beautiul assuming jaylen regains his ND form.

Yea, maybe Marinelli will have Jaylon Smith act as a spy on Aaron Rodgers next year and stand there with his hands up while the ball goes over his head to a receiver 30 yards down field.

Once more.

Marinelli coached 2 bad games out of 17...against Rodgers and Big Ben. Dude was 15/17...

I'll take that all day considering the lack of elite talent on defense...he's a great coach man. Just ran into an all time great. It happens.

Add some real blue chip talent and watch him feast....

Once more.

Marinelli coached 2 bad games out of 17...against Rodgers and Big Ben. Dude was 15/17...

I'll take that all day considering the lack of elite talent on defense...he's a great coach man. Just ran into an all time great. It happens.

At least you can agree that he coached a bad game, for the most meaningful game of the entire season after having 2 weeks to prepare.

Once more.

Agreed. Team has promise.... be optimists for once lol

Then panic next year if we do bad...

Wasn't on NT during the the Parcell era, wondering what was the consensus on here about him? I remember people hated that he controlled the clock and didn't take many chances down the field as a coach but his defense was always disciplined and hard nosed.

It's the same two people in here daily with the same ol' overreactions :smh: :lol:

Get some talent on the defensive side of the ball and we'll be fine.

This is the defensive formation on that last play. Please tell me how talent would have made a difference.

If we had talent on the defensive side of the ball, like a legit pass rusher and a playmaker in the secondary, we wouldn't have been in that position.

You can blame coaching all you want but in reality we need to stop putting Rod in a position where he has to turn water into wine.

Back
Top Bottom