THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

My thoughts:

•4 second half runs won’t cut it. We gotta stay committed to the run. Especially when we have the lead.

•oline obviously isn’t dominating like last year yet. Not to say they’ve been weak. They haven’t. Just haven’t been as prolific.

•defense is Swiss cheese. Middle of the field is always open. Jaylon and heath stay a step behind. Heath stays not tackling.

•Sean Lee, Hitchins and irving are needed back. Bad.

•coaches back to not making adjustments. Getting too cute. Run the ball man. Tell dak to throw short sometimes. Stop making dak throw 35+ times.

Mcvay got gurley looking like I thought Zeke would outta OSU. With the receiving and all.

I have no idea why we continually get away from the run. It makes 0 sense.
Garrett and staff are terrible at making adjustments and got out coached by a 31 year old.:smh:

Also, Linehan's game plan is ****. It's like we've forgotten who we are.
Why are we dialing up home run plays instead of running the ball and controlling the time of possession.
Running the ball 4 times is inexcusable! We have to do everything we can to keep our defense off the field.

My only problem with the offense is the predictable play calling but like if I said, if you put up 30, you should win.
Our defense is the problem so please stop bringing up Dak. Also, the Rams are legit so this loss isn't that shocking.

Sounds like y’all gonna be real shook when Rodgers carves us up for 400 plus :lol:

I’m ready for the 8-8 season :nthat:

Sounds like y’all gonna be real shook when Rodgers carves us up for 400 plus :lol:

I’m ready for the 8-8 season :nthat:

stanley-star-the-office-gif.gif

Offensive playcalling been predictible , Scott Linehan has all these offensive weapons and still not using them correctly.

If I can tell the play is a run or pass by the personnel on the field then I'm sure a professional player can as well.

Our defense is awful with or without Lee, we get no pressure on the right end position and Jaylon is in over his head, I started listening to homers thinking we be all right without Lee, but Jaylon looked lost of there especially on pass plays, and he was hitting the wrong gap to stop their RB.
Wish Marinelli would go somewhere with this bend but don't break defense.

Jeff Heath diving at bad angles looking like JJ Wilcox, which is the reason we let him go.

if the defense is going to be so trash. why arent we running the ball more like last year and dink and dunk down the field so we can keep them off the field?

dak and dez still not on the same page. i don't put all of it on dez like the media and some fans like to. dak has been off all year

Sad part, Heath ain’t even looking like last years version of Wilcox, which was ok in small doses. He looks like the always late bad angels version !

Which is crazy. Cause I thought heath was also ok in small doses last year. :lol:

if the defense is going to be so trash. why arent we running the ball more like last year and dink and dunk down the field so we can keep them off the field?

dak and dez still not on the same page. i don't put all of it on dez like the media and some fans like to. dak has been off all year

This. Dak has been off. Teams are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Forcing Dak to make pinpoint throws and taking the run away. The O-line has just been ok. When Hitchens comes back he'll take Jaylon's spot, dude is nowhere near ready. Woods also needs to start over Heath.

Watching McVay call plays really pointed out how bland and vanilla our playcalling is

Sad part, Heath ain’t even looking like last years version of Wilcox, which was ok in small doses. He looks like the always late bad angels version !

Which is crazy. Cause I thought heath was also ok in small doses last year. :lol:

Spot on. :lol:
Heath isn't a starting safety. He's a marginal special teams player.

Dak didn't have the best game but it more on the line than on Dak. He was running for his life the whole game... Jonathan Cooper, Zach Martin, and Tyron had awful games ...matter of fact Martin had the worse game of his career and damn near got Dak killed by Aaron Donald.

Heath shouldn't be starting over Woods but that long Gurly TD pass was more on Damien Wilson and Justin Durant ...including Jaylon, our LB's made errors on almost every single pass play per Bryan Broaddus.

Lee and Hitchens will be better, but its Aaron Rodgers for Christ sakes.

Yall overreacting a tad.

Its cliche but the team that wins the turnover battle usually wins. We lost and missed some opportunities on offense. Like someone said defenses are doing what they are supposed to, loading up on the run and making our 2nd year qb make presicion throws. He might not be experienced enough to get us in better plays after reading the defense if he is doing that correctly. The deeper passes is Linehan trying to loosen the defense up for the run but we are out of sync and this line is playin like **** right now compared years past.
Using shorter passes as an extension of the run game could help, i.e. Zeke out of the backfield.
This defense has always fell apart when Sean Lee doesnt play so thats not that surprising but Jaylon is a liability in pass coverage.

As usual we need to get healthy. Its still early yall.

So now everyone gonna try to play the "Dak is so young and inexperienced" card but last year the same people were saying he was better than Romo had ever been? :lol:

Watching McVay call plays really pointed out how bland and vanilla our playcalling is

This^^^. So much this!!!! Look at mcvay, Andy Reid, the pats, last years falcons in the way they throw to the running back. We have a GREAT receiving RB. Utilize those skills.

Remember the cowboys draw? I think it needs a comeback with our line troubles.

And someone said it in here. Our playcalling and personnel packages are hella predictable. It’s easy as hell to call run/pass by personnel.

Just. Dam. Am I biased for feeling we’re too good (offensively) for this shhh

This^^^. So much this!!!! Look at mcvay, Andy Reid, the pats, last years falcons in the way they throw to the running back. We have a GREAT receiving RB. Utilize those skills.

Remember the cowboys draw? I think it needs a comeback with our line troubles.

And someone said it in here. Our playcalling and personnel packages are hella predictable. It’s easy as hell to call run/pass by personnel.

Just. Dam. Am I biased for feeling we’re too good (offensively) for this shhh

I'm not on the overreaction bandwagon like a lot of fans

but playcalling is something I will agree sucks

too vanilla... we need some different looks and packages.. skill wise we are way more skilled than the Rams but their calls really maximize their team

Yes, bring back the draw play. That **** was like a gauranteed 5 yard or more 70% of the time when called at the right time and that was with DeMarco running.

So now everyone gonna try to play the "Dak is so young and inexperienced" card but last year the same people were saying he was better than Romo had ever been? :lol:
Never ever said he was better than Romo I actually thought our O wouldve been better with Romo especially when teams clamped down in the playoffs but the momentum was unbelievable and he was playing above his expectations so it made sense. Some of these new issues should be expected because the league will usually catch up to you thats why Im not overreacting right now.

This. Dak has been off. Teams are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Forcing Dak to make pinpoint throws and taking the run away. The O-line has just been ok. When Hitchens comes back he'll take Jaylon's spot, dude is nowhere near ready. Woods also needs to start over Heath.

100% on agree on Woods, even in the little I've seen.. he seems to have a higher ceiling than Heath.

Haven't seen a single person in here put this past loss entirely on Dak but if you're trying to tell me Dak had nothing to do with the loss then I dunno what else to tell you :lol:

Dude dropped a dinker 4 yards deep to Zeke on 4th & 10 with the game on the line but guess that ain't his fault either :rofl:

The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is Dak needs to scramble more ... Alex Smith and Curt Cousins looked more mobile and that's inexcusable ...

That being said, he dropped in the draft because of severe accuracy issues ... Who knows ...

Haven't seen a single person in here put this past loss entirely on Dak but if you're trying to tell me Dak had nothing to do with the loss then I dunno what else to tell you :lol:

Dude dropped a dinker 4 yards deep to Zeke on 4th & 10 with the game on the line but guess that ain't his fault either :rofl:

Louder for the ones in the back

Back
Top Bottom