THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

Not mad at the draft at all

Our downfall last year was mostly when Tyron and Sean were out (LT and run stopping LB play)

easily addressed both with the first two picks, WIlliams has been a rd 1 grade all year

Gallup is solid, the talent gap between the WRs is not substantial

There's three guys I really wish we could still nab.... But would have to add an early 4th round pick..
Equanimeous St. Brown, Maurice Hurst (Foley Fatukasi if Hurst is gone) and Shaq Griffin.

If we don't add a pick, maybe look to move up a handful of spots from 116 to ensure we can get either St. Brown or Hurst.

To get from 116 to 107 (Giants are 108, Racial Slurs are 109) it would cost us pick 192 or 193. I'd make that trade.

Last edited:
I just hope we get Shaq Griffin at some point, I really like the way he plays. If he had both hands he would be a easy 1-2 rounder.

I just hope we get Shaq Griffin at some point, I really like the way he plays. If he had both hands he would be a easy 1-2 rounder.

Truth.

And at this point, round 4, you're drafting backups/major projects for the most part, so it's not like we're drafting him to be an every down guy. It would likely be the best situation for him, and he's a really good fit for our type of LBs. He's a fast LB, which is what we draft/want. High motor, and gets to the ball.

essential1 essential1 you're too smart too be saying that **** lol

We addressed all of our needs, got a stud LB, a first round graded O linemen, one of PFF's highest rated WRs, Jihad Ward, a competent pass rusher from Kansas who was productive while playing hurt, a TE who David Shaw said was the best he's coached (Ertz, Fleener, Toilolo also played there), and a bruiser to compete with Smith for RB2

no one sexy, but got depth the places that plagued us

Each pick there were better players available that filled a need as well and we passed.

Just because I hate it. Doesn’t me it was a terrible draft.

The last 2-3 years have felt that way to me
Bingo. And the last several drafts have been pretty fruitful.

The only “Jerry” pick since Mo Claiborne to me is Randy Gregory. But even that you could argue they graded him out too high to pass.

Can argue on a couple of evals here and there, but the roster depth they’re actually starting to develop suggests they’re drafting well.

Trading a 2 or 3 for Earl would’ve been insanely Jerry.

Back
Top Bottom