THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 3 - 3 Thank God for the BYE

DT. LB. DB. S.

All places where there are some weakness on defense. We weren’t terrible on the pass, but we were so bad on the run, teams only had to have mediocre QB play to beat us. And if they had 1-2 big chunk passes on us a game, it was over.

DT is the biggest need for me, we need someone up the middle who can improve us against the run.

I doubt they given up on Jaylon or LVE for the upcoming year, too much money and draft capital on them. But it’s probably a deciding year for them in 2021, or at least it is for Jaylon.

Edge was the only place I felt like we weren’t terrible. Would like them to keep DLaw, Aldon, Gregory and Dorace Armstrong together. Not totally sure they can, but would be nice.

DB I’m assuming they keep it very similar with hopes of Diggs having normal growth from Rookie year to second year. He made some boneheaded plays, but also showed some flashes as the year went on.

Safety would be my second need, really like Donovan Wilson, and want to see where he goes. But we also need a ball hawk, someone who isn’t getting mixed up on what’s happening in front of him and getting faked into blow coverages deep.

Thinking about Quinn's system, we absolutely have to find a deep safety that can play centerfield and make plays in space. Must, must, must.

Donovan Wilson has earned an opportunity, and I think he could be a solid option as the down safety in this scheme. He's not Kam Chancellor, obviously, but he does a lot of things well and he's been a playmaker at every level.

We'd probably be really well served to go corner/safety in the top 2 rounds in April.

Think we've got one tackle in Gallimore. He's a player. I'd maybe look at that other tackle spot in free agency. The UCF kid is a total dud.

They’re Chasing the dream of trying to replace a Top 10 QB with a cheaper top 10 QB :lol:

As if they didn’t just have Dak for3 years at like $1mil

Not realizing they’ll likely end up with a Goff type QB instead.

I want to be pissed about Dak getting franchised but he'll get 37mil

Its not what he wants and lower than what he deserves but its a fair amount for a "one year deal"

Hopefully he fully recovers and is able to start the season under center so Andy Dalton can go back to the bench

I want to be pissed about Dak getting franchised but he'll get 37mil

Its not what he wants and lower than what he deserves but its a fair amount for a "one year deal"

[/QUOTE]

my thing is we had to much time to settle for a tag again . Work something out man!

my thing is we had to much time to settle for a tag again . Work something out man!

Organizationally, yes you are correct
But I don't care about the organization anymore
All I care about is dudes getting paid and not substaining any life threatening injuries
37mil for one year is life changing money

We paid that man . :pimp:

Now give me a tank up the middle. A corner who is a ball hawk and a coverage safety, over pay a backup OT for a year and all is well.

What should we do in the draft ?

if we take pitts Jerry is a dead man. There no way I can talk myself into that pick

What should we do in the draft ?

if we take pitts Jerry is a dead man. There no way I can talk myself into that pick
Take Pitts

Go DB in the 2nd round

Trade Jarwin to a team that wanted Pitts to get another pick in a later round to grab another DB or LB

Take Pitts

Go DB in the 2nd round

Trade Jarwin to a team that wanted Pitts to get another pick in a later round to grab another DB or LB

So we never going to address the defense with first round talent ? When is the last time a TE picked in the first round lived up to his hype ? I’m not drafting a TE that high when the 2 best TE in the game right now went in the later rounds. Even more so we have 2 on the roster. We have bigger holes on defense

you can justify the lamb pick Last year, but then you still went out and gave Cooper 100 million. With all the holes on defense you can’t pick a TE at 10. you can make a better case to pick one of the OL men if they dropped then u can a Te

The Cooper contract is essentially nothing within like another year so who cares about that money?

I wouldn’t be upset with Pitts because I do think he’s a stud - but would certainly hope moving up isn’t an option. But if he’s the pick at 10, we need to be pushing to move Gallup for an extra 2 or 3 or whatever his value is.

Y’all ready for Thursday ?

if we stay at 10 and nobody jumps us i want surtain. i don’t mind trading back and adding picks if we can still add horn or at the least newsome

Hopefully we get tackle depth,DL depth and some LB talent in the later rounds

ya i wouldnt mind that. 15 is fine for me. idk about dropping all the way to the bears pick they would have to give us alot
I don’t think I’d go past 15.

Even there we run the risk of missing Surtain and Horn.

Back
Top Bottom