THE OFFICIAL A I R M A X DELUXE THREAD

Not quite... but almost
Screenshot_20181120-233432_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20181120-233513_Nordstrom.jpg

This colorway is nice.

Sneakers and stuff removed a lot of items from their site. Might be due to Black Friday sales coming up. I'd revisit and look for them later this week.

So they're just never going to drop the OG's.
I was so excited about this release when I heard they were retroing. Now we're 10+ colorways deep and the only ones I've picked up are OG Arctics and Triple Blacks.

There are so many incredible OG colorways to pick from and different patterns to play with, but most of what we're getting is these extremely mismatched colorways. I'm all for oddball colorways but this rounds execution has been piss poor. The pattern has been making the rear half of the shoe one theme and the front another, instead of incorporating the colors throughout the shoe.

Another gripe is the over use of white midsoles. 90% of the colorways released have white midsoles. I think metallic grey or black would have suited most of the drops much better.

I think everybody wants to see Grasshoppers, and I'm sure those will drop sometime in the future. Nike even used a photo of them on the SNKRS app before the drop of the Arctics. I'd really like to see some of the flame pattern pairs return more than anything. Again, there are sooooo many OG colorways to choose from in the vault.
1516402194-27043296-586161795063672-1035063601-n.png

Triple grey come out before or after the holidays, need to know if I should put them on my list or not?

So they're just never going to drop the OG's.
I’m not surprised tbh Nike also gave us a crappy year for the 98s also only two OGs released and no restocks at all its very disappointing especially when Nike goes to the effort of hyping the shoes upto begin with to get only one or two OGs and bunch of trash retro + CWs

"I was so excited about this release when I heard they were retroing. Now we're 10+ colorways deep and the only ones I've picked up are OG Arctics and Triple Blacks.

There are so many incredible OG colorways to pick from and different patterns to play with, but most of what we're getting is these extremely mismatched colorways. I'm all for oddball colorways but this rounds execution has been piss poor. The pattern has been making the rear half of the shoe one theme and the front another, instead of incorporating the colors throughout the shoe.

Another gripe is the over use of white midsoles. 90% of the colorways released have white midsoles. I think metallic grey or black would have suited most of the drops much better.

I think everybody wants to see Grasshoppers, and I'm sure those will drop sometime in the future. Nike even used a photo of them on the SNKRS app before the drop of the Arctics. I'd really like to see some of the flame pattern pairs return more than anything. Again, there are sooooo many OG colorways to choose from in the vault"

True talk, Flame and Swirl look really nice, this is the kind of colorways I looking for : no white midsole, a lot of grey/dark or anthracite with littles touches of a color that pops.
Still not a fan of the back of the shoe and what I disliked about some nices colorways was the "iridescent" back for the Triple Black and same for the Skepta's, why the back has to be different ? Hope they'll release "classic" colorways in 2019

"I’m not surprised tbh Nike also gave us a crappy year for the 98s also only two OGs released and no restocks at all its very disappointing especially when Nike goes to the effort of hyping the shoes upto begin with to get only one or two OGs and bunch of trash retro + CWs"

Yes, I think Nike did it bad intentionnally for the 98's and Deluxe because hype makes everything sold out anyway and when they would be a little less in the radars, classic colorways would make them sold out anyway...
Even if we get great colorways for the 97's, they take a bunch of time before releasing the Triple Black colorway...

100% agree with the guy of the video, when you buy to resell, you can buy really random stuff while if you really like the shoe, you don't care of its resell price as you intend to beat it.
And yes by making the shoe available easily, Nike didn't do it like some other models people grab only because "you have to have it".
I hope Nike would release more and more Air Max in the future and hype will disappear in order to get great pairs easily (like for a lot of Air Max 1 which were about 66 euros on Black Friday...)

Back
Top Bottom