The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

i guess homes will be casual and aways will be for ball. Good to know these are an option. Traction is a deal breaker

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on that freegum design I posted a page back. Went .5 size down - every single person I talked to told me to take my size in other shoes and go .5 down, so it must run long and wide. I know I'm taking a risk but I asked a few folks what they were in a Kobes and other shoes I had and what they were in these and it was consensus .5 down.

With the 15% off and the shipping+taxes, my total was $123.88. For a pair of customized kicks, that's one hell of a deal - especially since every review I've read say these are the best adidas basketball shoes to date (pretty damn high praise). Personally, I've been branching out from Nike models because quality has sucked, prices have risen, and colorways/designs have turned whack. I bought a few UA kicks last year, this will be the first Adidas basketball shoe for me since the T-Mac line (stopped at the 3s), and brands like Li-Ning and BrandBlack have my attention this year, as well.

Anyone have experience with miadidas where the shoes came in before the estimated time it takes to make and ship them (i.e. the "6-8 weeks" for the Lillard 2s)? Just curious.

My Rose 6 customs came early but they didn't update the process via email, just came to door without notice. Not sure if it'll happen again but take notice if you don't get any updates.

Not what you want to hear but I'm debating on going TTS on the next pair. The heel feels too snug to my liking but that's for casual wear reason. Width slightly narrow so if you have wide feet true would be way to go. The jacquard upper stretches just enough to make it work if it is tight and after breaking in should be golden. Always best to try for yourself as everyone's foot is different and wear different types of socks lol. Hope it works for you.

Yeah these other brands are taking huge strides. I have been heavy in those the last 3-5 years and doesn't look like I'll stop. But prices go up along the years so I'll savor the moment while it's relatively low right now.

I feel you man. So 12 is a little roomy for me as my TTS, that's just the way I used to like it cause I normally double socked, anyways. So if these .5 a size down aren't as roomy as my normal size in other brands, I'll be okay. Honestly, I want something a little more snug because recent injuries, I feel at least, are in part because I wanted a little roomier sz 12 and maybe the snug fit and tighter fit will be better. I had a stress fracture, plantar fascitis, and now an ankle injury all because I think the 12, while TTS, was a little spacy.

We shall see :rofl:

Damn you are injury prone, just kidding. You should buy more Curry's instead :lol:

What's the eta on the mi adidas?

Tried the aways on and they're even more impressive in person. Dude tried hustling me fore some matching gear and socks. 
laugh.gif
 I hate when they do that because I'm far from an impulse buyer. Shoot em down every time and just laugh.

Got my sz 12 on them, compare to the kobe 8s these are more comfortable in the same sz. More toe room too.

I had a chance to do a little light running and shooting up and down court today in the Aways.  The outsoles pick up dust in a hurry (no surprise there) so concentrated wiping was necessary.

Can't really say anything until I actually play in them and push it.  Can't wait to give them some run.

Dude tried hustling me fore some matching gear and socks. 
laugh.gif
 I hate when they do that because I'm far from an impulse buyer. Shoot em down every time and just laugh.
mandatory in most places to ask if you want something else. some places call it "sox on the box". every place tracks the UPT {units per transaction}... in some places you get reprimanded for NOT asking for add-ons... dude's just doing his job, cut him some slack. he probably hates asking it as much as you hate hearing it.

Last edited:
^i very rarely will grab any matching gear, but the Lillard socks in Adi's official images are pretty nice and subtle - were those the ones? Olympus Olympus

I finally had a chance to try these one at m local FL.

I'm a TTS 12. I go with 12 for Kobe X's, since I like a snug fit. 

Lillard 2's in a size 12 were way too big. 11.5 is a good fit., but I could have gone for an 11 with thinner socks imho. So yeah, they fit really big.

On another note, do the Rip City's ave an official re-release date yet ? I thought it was the 19th, but someone in here said that was false.

Anyone use those for casual? Thinking in cop the  Rip City´s or BHM for casual

Last edited:
Anyone use those for casual? Thinking in cop the  Rip City´s or BHM for casual

I'm gonna use them for everything. Gym, casual, cow tipping etc.

I'm totally loving what Lillard and Adidas are doing. Casually they're not too bad.

^i very rarely will grab any matching gear, but the Lillard socks in Adi's official images are pretty nice and subtle - were those the ones? Olympus Olympus

Probably not. They weren't the ones with the dame logo on them (in the picture where he's pulling the laces to tighten the shoe, the ones I originally wanted)

These were team stance socks. Had blazer color stripes around the top with a black base. Probably the official away pair

Last edited:
I picked up a pair of the away cw last week. Went with my true size in a 12. They felt a little roomy but I didn't notice it on court at all. Loved 'em though. 

Also picked up a pair of aways and went with my true size of 10.5 as half a size down was too narrow for my feet

Back
Top Bottom