THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whats good y'all. can someone lmk how the Harden 4s fit, true to size?

Looking to cop my first pair soon

Whats good y'all. can someone lmk how the Harden 4s fit, true to size?

Looking to cop my first pair soon

Depends. I have a normal width foot and I prefer my true size in them. They do run a little long - maybe 1/4 though some have reported their pairs run closer to 1/2 long. If you have narrow feet I would go 1/2 size down.

+1 for 1/2 size down. I've got the red tails colourway with the leather toebox.
The band that goes across the foot should be snug. I went TTS at first, the band was loose and forefoot containment was compromised.
IMG_20200706_133516.jpg

Same, TTS. As everyone mentioned, there is some dead space in the toe area but the mid foot lockdown feels so good this it doesn’t matter. I actually prefer the dead space because of different sock thicknesses or ankle braces people might wear. These are definitely my favorite fitting Harden, followed by the 2.

Probably a silly question since we can’t play indoors, but how has everyone’s Lightstrike been holding up (especially in the forefoot area)? Haven’t played in my 4s in months and forget what it even feels like at this point lol (and I refuse to play in them outdoors unless I have 2nd pair).

Last edited:
I've seen some guys hooping indoors but they're probably the exception. I play in these outdoors, do conditioning on soccer fields, I trashed them. Obviously not as plush as out the box but there's still some give in it. I've had them since last week of March? Still more cushion than the forefoot on the 3, those I could really feel the ground.

Probably can go 1/2 or TTS honestly.. I originally ordered both sizes in the barbershop colorway but kept the 1/2 down because I prefer my hoop shoes a little bit more towards the snug side. Always best to try em on if possible, what works for me may not be the consensus.

I've seen some guys hooping indoors but they're probably the exception. I play in these outdoors, do conditioning on soccer fields, I trashed them. Obviously not as plush as out the box but there's still some give in it. I've had them since last week of March? Still more cushion than the forefoot on the 3, those I could really feel the ground.

Thanks for the reply, good to know. I agree, the forefoot feels a little thicker than the 3s, plus I feel way less sore after playing in the 4s vs the 3s.

I have an outdoor hoop that I use for shooting and drills. I occasionally get in a light game of 1v1 or 2v2 with my kids. I've been mostly rotating between the Vol 4s and KD12s outdoors. The Lightstrike in the Vol 4s is holding up ok. Definitely not as plush as on day one, but still gives me good impact protection. It is feeling a little mushier over time - meaning I still get impact protection but there isn't as much bounce back in the cushioning and the shoe feels a little slower. This is my barbershop pair that I've had since release, so they have lots of miles on them.

I also have to agree the 4s feel thicker in the forefoot than the 3s.

I did pull out some Vol 1s recently for outdoors. Still my favorite Harden shoe. They look great, fit me great, and the overall playing experience is the best for me.

I have an outdoor hoop that I use for shooting and drills. I occasionally get in a light game of 1v1 or 2v2 with my kids. I've been mostly rotating between the Vol 4s and KD12s outdoors. The Lightstrike in the Vol 4s is holding up ok. Definitely not as plush as on day one, but still gives me good impact protection. It is feeling a little mushier over time - meaning I still get impact protection but there isn't as much bounce back in the cushioning and the shoe feels a little slower. This is my barbershop pair that I've had since release, so they have lots of miles on them.

I also have to agree the 4s feel thicker in the forefoot than the 3s.

I did pull out some Vol 1s recently for outdoors. Still my favorite Harden shoe. They look great, fit me great, and the overall playing experience is the best for me.

The 2s are my favorites, have 3 pairs of those. I use one for outdoor (Lift Off colorway) because the traction started to really suck overtime oddly. The Blue/Red Stepback colorway has the best traction so I use those indoors, then I have the Grey/White pair for indoor backup to the Stepbacks; didn't pay any more than $50 for all of them.

If the 4 had the cushioning of the 2 but the traction of the 3 it would be like the greatest shoe of all time to me lol. I'd say I've put in close to 3 months of hooping (2/3 days a week of 1.5-2 hour sessions) and yea, the Lightstrike doesn't feel like it did but I still didn't feel sore. It feels so low to the ground in the forefoot that sometimes it's hard to feel it until you get some runs in.

There is another Ken Link? Would expect something better from him. They look like a mix of Adidas Alphabounce and Nike Joyride

Last edited:
IDK what adidas' obsession with putting so many materials/textures on their recent hoops releases. Like they just picked up scraps on the floor and slapped them on the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom