THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
man i just got my pair have played in a few times and the the traction is absolute garbage, rest of the shoe is great though

i play mainly outdoor so yeah i know its my fault what was i expecting but jesus i have played on the same outdoor court in other shoes not know to have the best traction, ie dame4, lebron15 and it was totally fine but these harden vol 2 jesus they just slide with 0 grip at all, i've never lost my footing like when i wear these shoes it is ridiculous

meanwhile my jordan 1 grips the black top like a ****ing GOD

How can a shoe not grip "Outside"? I'm not asking you, just saying. A pair of loafers will be able to grip "Outside", very weird to say the least.

What surface are you playing on? When I think "Outside", I think of concrete or those other smooth surfaces.

It really depends on what colorway outsole you get.

Outside though, how's a shoe not gonna grip Outside?

How can a shoe not grip "Outside"? I'm not asking you, just saying. A pair of loafers will be able to grip "Outside", very weird to say the least.

What surface are you playing on? When I think "Outside", I think of concrete or those other smooth surfaces.

Outside though, how's a shoe not gonna grip Outside?
Poor court conditions and the initial factory tread layer on the solid colorways need to be worn down before the shoe gets good. If you got a gum bottom it's good out the box and better than the Vol. 1/LS (having owned all 3).

Poor court conditions and the initial factory tread layer on the solid colorways need to be worn down before the shoe gets good. If you got a gum bottom it's good out the box and better than the Vol. 1/LS (having owned all 3).

Unless they're sand/dirt on the court, I just can't fathom traction being bad on an outdoor court. Just sad.

My pair of the Imma Be a Star's came through earlier this week, finally got a chance to test them out last night shooting around and a few games of 21...

Initial thoughts:
  • Super comfortable
  • Boost provides a great balance of responsiveness and impact protection
  • Went with my "true Adidas" size, .5 down and the lockdown is perfect
  • Great while clean, needs occasional wiping but nothing out of the ordinary I guess
  • Slight heel slip while walking around, but went during play.
All in all, I really like them and looking forward to seeing how they perform once broken in. I don't foresee the traction being an issue because my quick/sharp cutting, stopping on a dime days are over

I swear some of y'all must cut to the basket with the torque of a Camaro the way y'all can't grip the floor in certain shoes.
Honeslty I think it's just Internet group think. Dang near all the stuff I hear mainly online like folks not gripping at the courts and certain sneakers being hard to put on etc irl people never have the same problems.

^yea, i've never had any problems putting on any shoe, some might seemed tough meaning it took an extra 2-3 seconds, not a big deal. and in terms of traction the only issue i had was with the XXXI and i've only slipped 1-2 times. it is very possible that i'm not as athletic as some of you guys and heavier tho. so when i put in any shoe, i put my weight into it, and the shoe is on...hehe.

I’m sure some people exaggerate but for me the harden vol 1 wasn’t great (traction wise) for the courts I play on. I had to wipe a lot. I’m sure everyone will agree some shoes have better traction than others. Kobe 8 & 9, CLB 2016, D rose 7 (I don’t own but have heard it’s incredible) Jordan 28 & 29, Curry 2, PG1. After playing in these (sans rose7) maybe I just expect better grip if I’m dropping $140+ on some new hoop shoes. I’m a guard/ wing and I change directions a lot. I also like to play pressure defense when I’m feeling up to it. I don’t want to have to wipe every other play (or every play in some instances). If I hear from shoe tubers that traction is lacking, I’m out, I have enough shoes in my rotation... unless they hit deep discount and have some casual appeal :lol:

Honeslty I think it's just Internet group think. Dang near all the stuff I hear mainly online like folks not gripping at the courts and certain sneakers being hard to put on etc irl people never have the same problems.

^yea, i've never had any problems putting on any shoe, some might seemed tough meaning it took an extra 2-3 seconds, not a big deal. and in terms of traction the only issue i had was with the XXXI and i've only slipped 1-2 times. it is very possible that i'm not as athletic as some of you guys and heavier tho. so when i put in any shoe, i put my weight into it, and the shoe is on...hehe.

KD9's and 2016 HyperRev's are shoes that are hard to but on. Or should I say they take extra extra effort from putting on a regular shoe. That's been said on the Internet and that's my experience irl.

Harden Vol 1's and 2016 CLB's have heel slippage. That's been said on the Net countless times and that's my experience irl.

Regarding Jordan 31's and 32's. If you're cutting while leaning, the shoe will slide. That's been said on the Net and that's my experience. If you're just running up and down the court the shoes are great. Once you start cutting hard the shoes will squeak while sliding. On dusty floors it's unbearable, the last time I wore them I was hoping my team would lose so that I could go home! :rofl:
It was literally dangerous wearing that shoe.

I can't speak for the other colorways but I've played in two pairs of Jordan XXXI lows, both triple black and gold, and I've had great traction . The sole separated from the shoe on my first pair after a few wears but my second pair has had no problems at all. It may just be the solid black outsole that has excellent traction. I haven't tried any other colorway.

I can't speak for the other colorways but I've played in two pairs of Jordan XXXI lows, both triple black and gold, and I've had great traction . The sole separated from the shoe on my first pair after a few wears but my second pair has had no problems at all. It may just be the solid black outsole that has excellent traction. I haven't tried any other colorway.

I had the Banned, Fine Prints and the Shattered Backboards in the 31's. SB's were better but still slid in them.

Last edited:
I want that triple black 31, hard to find now. Pass on discount on NDC, been looking on goat.

EC428A2B-F485-4214-9BB0-7A21AF5F14D5.jpeg
1E45CAAE-0983-428E-9F74-7FDE5E8AD6DF.jpeg
595D2E0D-62B0-44B5-A461-A6B933A3AE8B.jpeg
My miadidas pair came in today. Really happy with how they turned out. Look better in person than in my photos. Yellow at the top of the tongue looks darker in person. It’s backed by black material and is photographing funny. Took them to the gym immediately and they feel great like my other GR pairs. No traction issues with the black sole. :wink:

My miadidas pair came in today. Really happy with how they turned out. Look better in person than in my photos. Yellow at the top of the tongue looks darker in person. It’s backed by black material and is photographing funny. Took them to the gym immediately and they feel great like my other GR pairs. No traction issues with the black sole. :wink:
Hot!!

Very nice

Back
Top Bottom