THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah those are game pictures of him.

Not a good look when the retail version's traction is getting trashed.

It's different to have an added shank plate (Kyrie PE) or smaller air bubbles (Lebron 17), but to completely switch the traction says your retail product is failing.

Nothing they can really do. The product is made. They're just going to have to ship these to the outlets and department stores and take the L.

That’s a very bad look!

san.jpg

kaz109 kaz109 , cant even thank you enough. finally went at a time when there was no damn line got a pair
went back 1 week later for 3 more
for me, best straight outta the box feel ever, literally no break in time

IF you wear an 11 my man shoot me a priv, i got a bunch ima bout to let go REAL REAL cheap, for YOU REAL REAL REAL cheap ( mostly NB lifestyles and a pair or 2 of them bron 11's), if not thanks again for the heads up and all

hooked on that HARDEN 4 like its black tar and ish

kaz109 kaz109 , cant even thank you enough. finally went at a time when there was no damn line got a pair
went back 1 week later for 3 more
for me, best straight outta the box feel ever, literally no break in time

IF you wear an 11 my man shoot me a priv, i got a bunch ima bout to let go REAL REAL cheap, for YOU REAL REAL REAL cheap ( mostly NB lifestyles and a pair or 2 of them bron 11's), if not thanks again for the heads up and all

hooked on that HARDEN 4 like its black tar and ish
I didn’t go back and see what kaz109 kaz109 hooked you up with - thought you were talking about the 5 at first

They LOOK cool and I want to grab a pair for casual use. There's just no way I'm paying anywhere near retail for a sneaker that sucks so hard.

Harden 2 worth scooping up? Love the 3, like the 4.

If you’re playing on clean or very lightly dusty courts then yea. They use to be my favorite but after trying Nikes again and seeing how well their traction is I just couldn’t go back, still hurts me that I can’t hoop as well as I want to in them. Despite the weight I was quick in them and the cushioning was good. ..

The traction just can’t hold it’s own on dust unless you wipe all the time.

If you’re playing on clean or very lightly dusty courts then yea. They use to be my favorite but after trying Nikes again and seeing how well their traction is I just couldn’t go back, still hurts me that I can’t hoop as well as I want to in them. Despite the weight I was quick in them and the cushioning was good. ..

The traction just can’t hold it’s own on dust unless you wipe all the time.

I think the 3s are a better shoe than the 2s.
- Traction is definitely better and more consistent on clean to dusty courts.
- Cushioning is just as good even though it looks thinner. Nice bounce and impact protection. I also find the cushioning to be more consistent pair to pair. Some of the 2s I had felt plusher and others firmer out of the box. I had a similar experience with the Rose 6s. I have not had any cushioning inconsistency issues with the 3s (or 1s).
- I like the fit better. I get great lockdown in the 3s without feeling like my foot is getting swallowed by my shoe like I did in some of pairs of the 2s (this does get better after extended wear).
- Side to side stability and containment are very good to excellent on both shoes.

I think the 3s are a better shoe than the 2s.
- Traction is definitely better and more consistent on clean to dusty courts.
- Cushioning is just as good even though it looks thinner. Nice bounce and impact protection. I also find the cushioning to be more consistent pair to pair. Some of the 2s I had felt plusher and others firmer out of the box. I had a similar experience with the Rose 6s. I have not had any cushioning inconsistency issues with the 3s (or 1s).
- I like the fit better. I get great lockdown in the 3s without feeling like my foot is getting swallowed by my shoe like I did in some of pairs of the 2s (this does get better after extended wear).
- Side to side stability and containment are very good to excellent on both shoes.

I totally agree, and you and I had similar experiences with Boost (another reason I left the Harden line this year). My concrete Vol 2 (white and grey colorway) for some reason always made my left foot hurt because the Boost was different in that shoe compared to all my other Vol 2. I agree the cushioning was more fun and had more bounce in the forefoot than the 2 (the 2 felt like solid soft foam with minimal bounce while the Vol3 had noticeable bounce).

The only reason I am not hooping in my Vol 3 is the heel containment was terrible for me, I could literally tie the shoe at its tightest and pull the shoe off dang near still. Although the cushioning was good, it still had too much court feel for me now (I’m 34 with bad knees lol) so I had to move onto the Zoom Rize and KD13 this year.

Back
Top Bottom