THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_7511.JPG

Just came in today, really excited to try the Vol 2s on court, the LS 2 looks and feels amazing also, a steal at $60.
I think the LS 2 might go lower because even with the sale they still have a lot of sizes left in most colors. They definitely look nice if you remember snap a pic when you have them on with a fit. Want to see how they look then.

I think the LS 2 might go lower because even with the sale they still have a lot of sizes left in most colors. They definitely look nice if you remember snap a pic when you have them on with a fit. Want to see how they look then.
Will do and yeah if it goes under $60 after tax I'm so down for the black laceless or even buckle pair.

Man...I really want to like the Vol 2 but they just feel sooo heavy to me. I’ve played 4 times and every time I find myself switching to my Kobe 11’s. Feels like I was playing with ankle weights before. FWIW, the Vol 1’s felt a ton lighter than Vol 2 as well. I’m going to have to return them.

Man...I really want to like the Vol 2 but they just feel sooo heavy to me. I’ve played 4 times and every time I find myself switching to my Kobe 11’s. Feels like I was playing with ankle weights before. FWIW, the Vol 1’s felt a ton lighter than Vol 2 as well. I’m going to have to return them.
No bueno. They are crazy heavy but a lot of reviews said it didn’t feel that way on court.

Stop skipping "Leg Day"

Let-These-Guys-Be-The-Reminder-To-Never-Skip-Leg-Days-1068x566.jpg

No bueno. They are crazy heavy but a lot of reviews said it didn’t feel that way on court.

I have several pairs, never noticed them being heavy on foot.

Do yall lace them stock or customize the fit, the one thing I've hated about the Hardens is how you can't tighten up the laces, the vol 2s seem like the previous model in that regard, kinda getting some containment issues when trying em out.

Stop skipping "Leg Day"

Let-These-Guys-Be-The-Reminder-To-Never-Skip-Leg-Days-1068x566.jpg

I have several pairs, never noticed them being heavy on foot.
I think folks just used to them 7/:nerd:z sneakers because even the heavy sneakers when playing have no noticeable difference for me when actually playing in them. If dudes having problems with 16-1:nerd:z at most the majority of the time they definitely skipping leg day and or the mind is tricking them. Almost sounds like people who say laptops are heavy in their backpacks. I'm like what laptop you carrying around lol.

Do yall lace them stock or customize the fit, the one thing I've hated about the Hardens is how you can't tighten up the laces, the vol 2s seem like the previous model in that regard, kinda getting some containment issues when trying em out.

I lace them through the second hole from the top and run the laces outside in, I hope that makes sense and helps.

I think folks just used to them 7/:nerd:z sneakers because even the heavy sneakers when playing have no noticeable difference for me when actually playing in them. If dudes having problems with 16-1:nerd:z at most the majority of the time they definitely skipping leg day and or the mind is tricking them. Almost sounds like people who say laptops are heavy in their backpacks. I'm like what laptop you carrying around lol.

Seriously! :rofl:

I remember playing in Nike Zoom Soldier 2's and all the Nike Shox models... Harden vol.2's feel like a pair of socks after those.

I don't understand how people keep referencing the weight as a problem ... even Adidas went overboard with their Crazylight line a couple of years back and the Crazylight now is nothing like crazy light since weight isn't everything. Adidas Crazylight 2 for example is one of the worst shoes I've ever put my feet through. Never again.

I remember playing in Nike Zoom Soldier 2's and all the Nike Shox models... Harden vol.2's feel like a pair of socks after those.

I don't understand how people keep referencing the weight as a problem ... even Adidas went overboard with their Crazylight line a couple of years back and the Crazylight now is nothing like crazy light since weight isn't everything. Adidas Crazylight 2 for example is one of the worst shoes I've ever put my feet through. Never again.
Trainers actually pushed back on those minimalist shoes. There was a model from Nike I can't remember currently but the Pistons banned their players from wearing them and the Crazy Lights in like 2011-2012. May try to find the article later to post it.

Crazy Light 1 cost my boy Rose a serious ankle sprain in the 1st round of the 2011 playoffs. He played well by game 3 and murdered the Hawks in the 2nd round, but the ankle was still bothering him for sure and that Heat defense took full advantage.

Last edited:
Trainers actually pushed back on those minimalist shoes. There was a model from Nike I can't remember currently but the Pistons banned their players from wearing them and the Crazy Lights in like 2011-2012. May try to find the article later to post it.

Crazy Light 1 cost my boy Rose a serious ankle sprain in the 1st round of the 2011 playoffs. He played well by game 3 and murdered the Hawks, but the ankle was still bothering him for sure and that Heat defense took full advantage.

Nike Hyperize. Ruined Stephs ankles, but no one remembers that now - everyone blames UA when he gets hurt. I remember the Pistons trainer removing them from the locker room, or that was what the story was at the time.

I have The og crazy light Derrick Rose edition with the switchable soles. I can feel a little difference between them and say the Lebron 4 but it wasn't like how some on messageboards make it seem. Some make it seem like they owe little Tony some money and got the cement shoes on lol.

I agree with maq25060 maq25060 about the crazy light ones. I didn't sprain my ankle but the lightness of the sneaker left something to be desired esp on the sides. It could've been all in my head but I didn't wear them a lot because of how flimsy the sides were when I cut. In a straight line no hard cuts they did feel like I was playing with nothing on though I'll give them that just wish the sides gave me more confidence I wouldn't hurt myself.

Actually played in my pair last night, couldn't believe how tight it was playing in them for a game, my foot was throbbing afterwards. But what an amazing ride they were when they weren't, they're a great performer, traction is pretty good and was surprised on how soft the materials were too. Made some adjustments on the lacing system and think I finally got the tightness to go away, will see after I ball tonight

Actually played in my pair last night, couldn't believe how tight it was playing in them for a game, my foot was throbbing afterwards. But what an amazing ride they were when they weren't, they're a great performer, traction is pretty good and was surprised on how soft the materials were too. Made some adjustments on the lacing system and think I finally got the tightness to go away, will see after I ball tonight
Cool keep us updated and if it works, share the lacing system you ended up with.

They might just need to be broken in, I know how you feel.

Cool keep us updated and if it works, share the lacing system you ended up with.

They might just need to be broken in, I know how you feel.

My pairs feel amazing after a couple days playing and/or hitting the gym. Keep with it....
Yeah will keep at it, I tried a different lace setup on Thursday, thought they would work but geez they felt like they were squeezing the hell out of my feet again, had to take em off after 1 game. Any tips on lacing to remove that squeeze feeling, I tried putting the laces on the bottom holes, maybe it made it worse idk, felt okay the previous day but I only shot around in em. But yeah lacing tips would be appreciated, gonna give em a week until I give up and return em but I'm sure this is just the break in process.

Yeah will keep at it, I tried a different lace setup on Thursday, thought they would work but geez they felt like they were squeezing the hell out of my feet again, had to take em off after 1 game. Any tips on lacing to remove that squeeze feeling, I tried putting the laces on the bottom holes, maybe it made it worse idk, felt okay the previous day but I only shot around in em. But yeah lacing tips would be appreciated, gonna give em a week until I give up and return em but I'm sure this is just the break in process.
Give up? What kinda quitter are you? Anywho on the real that's just break in time esp if you have wide feet. My vol 1 felt like that for a minute and the new pair of vol2 red I just got in and haven't played in feel like that. They don't have that fresh out the box comfort but it won't be forever. Like others said maybe get one of them shoe stretchers or something.

Back
Top Bottom