THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harden Vol 8 Bred-1.jpg

Harden Vol 8 Bred-3.jpg

Harden Vol 8 Bred-6.jpg

Pair came in yesterday, excited to test these out...

Boost in basketball shoes(or at least Hardens) for me never felt springy outside of the Vol. 2s.

I don’t believe that jet boost feels like regular boost. Jet boost is in the AE1 but I personally didn’t feel them to be springy or cushioned at all…

JS”
IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0679.jpeg

Hadn’t gotten my hands on the Ae-1 but it was to be expected as it’s caged 360 degrees I’m assuming for stability and design. When they first brought it to ball it was heavily caged on the lateral side but always left open on the medial side. Later they got less restrictive but it always left them with a flat white slab of boost as at first to couldn’t color it, then once they figured it out coloring it always jacked up the price. It’s 1st gen “jet” boost but for ball it’s been only been fully caged. Feels good in the Hardens (light strike has been my least favorite adidas cushion era) as boost is far superior in impact protection so it’s an upgrade for me personally and it’ll open up the ability to do play with new designs.

IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0679.jpeg

Hadn’t gotten my hands on the Ae-1 but it was to be expected as it’s caged 360 degrees I’m assuming for stability and design. When they first brought it to ball it was heavily caged on the lateral side but always left open on the medial side. Later they got less restrictive but it always left them with a flat white slab of boost as at first to couldn’t color it, then once they figured it out coloring it always jacked up the price. It’s 1st gen “jet” boost but for ball it’s been only been fully caged. Feels good in the Hardens (light strike has been my least favorite adidas cushion era) as boost is far superior in impact protection so it’s an upgrade for me personally and it’ll open up the ability to do play with new designs.
man those are old. one thing I noticed about those earlier basketball boost especially the Hardens and Rose, they are durable AF. I still haven't worn down my other pair of Rose Vs.

man those are old. one thing I noticed about those earlier basketball boost especially the Hardens and Rose, they are durable AF. I still haven't worn down my other pair of Rose Vs.
That boost era was goated soon as they started using full length boost. Adidas traction and shoe comfort was always top notch once you got your sizing but soon as boost saved em from adiprene it was a Run.

IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0679.jpeg

I’m definitely not saying bball boost should feel like running boost, but I expected a little bit more. For reference, I’m accustomed to and prefer a more cushioned setup like Zoom. I was just hoping the boost in the AE 1 would have been more cushioned. People speak highly of the AE 1 and frankly I absolutely love the aesthetics of the sneaker (adidas hit a grand slam with them) but my joints and knees need a bit more. I’m wondering if the harden 8 is a bit more cushioned given the price differential and them being their premier hoops sneaker?

Nice Vol 3 in your pic!

JS”

Last edited:
Far from an Adidas cat, but these Hardens got a designer feel that brought me here.

Best looking Adidas I've seen since the Crazy 8.

Pioneers and I'm out.
it looks like a corvette imo. also, that chicago colorway makes it appealing for a Bulls fan like me.

Back
Top Bottom