The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's end this right here.  This is definately, 100% a general release.  Stores that normally don't get 1s are getting these (ie: Hibbett Sports in my area, FinishLines in Charlotte).

Stores in my area started reraffling shoes at the beginning of the year to avoid lineups inside the mall (ie: FinishLine Carolina Place...if anyone wanted to verify my story).  So reraffling is definately not an indication that the shoe is limited.

Its a GR with crazy demand.

From the information I've collected....(speaking in my area alone - Charlotte + surrounding)

Hibbetts (8 Stores)
16 pairs per store - sz 8.5 - 13 (employees are getting some of course)

FootAction (2 Stores)
24 pairs

Jimmy Jazz (3 Stores)

HOH (2 Stores)
60+  

DTLR (5 Stores)

If you're familiar with the area, DTLR Belgate said they are doing FCFS instead of a raffle because "the raffle has been causing a big headache with people showing up with someone else's license trying to pick shoes up".  Good luck with that FCFS tho

Finishline (2 Stores)
20-30

Smaller FootLockers (3 Stores)
"one box came in, waiting on another box"

maybe leaving someone out...

nerd.gif

I was watching on DJ Khalad's snapchat last night and saw he was at the new FTL last night at 8pm.  Was he giving away the Banned pack or just handing them to the lucky guests but still had to pay for them?  Still pretty cool to meet him and cop the pack if anything.  

I dont want to get too off the topic of sneakers but millitary deserve more than just sneakers. Its crazy how badly some of them get treated, yet we praise and throw people like kanye or Jordan on a throne for essentially nothing in comparison to what these people go through.
Right, I myself don't feel I should be treated any differently than anybody else and I've been serving for 12 plus years now. I was stationed in New Orleans for 4 years and I don't think I paid for a cup of coffee not a day ever from Starbucks. Got outta multiple "situations" due to what I did not only as a military member but in the community as well. I was a recruiter, but I was a substitute teacher and asst bball coach. Just from giving back in that respect made ppl see the positives of military members, because if you ever visit Virginia, Japan, or some other heavily military populated areas, we get a bad rap in some instances. But thanks again to all of you guys who support us!

Sorry to derail the thread.

Let's end this right here.  This is definately, 100% a general release.  Stores that normally don't get 1s are getting these (ie: Hibbett Sports in my area, FinishLines in Charlotte).

Stores in my area started reraffling shoes at the beginning of the year to avoid lineups inside the mall (ie: FinishLine Carolina Place...if anyone wanted to verify my story).  So reraffling is definately not an indication that the shoe is limited.

From the information I've collected....(speaking in my area alone - Charlotte + surrounding)

Hibbetts (8 Stores)

FootAction (2 Stores)
24 pairs

Jimmy Jazz (3 Stores)

HOH (2 Stores)
60+  

DTLR (5 Stores)

If you're familiar with the area, DTLR Belgate said they are doing FCFS instead of a raffle because "the raffle has been causing a big headache with people showing up with someone else's license trying to pick shoes up".  Good luck with that FCFS tho

Finishline (2 Stores)
20-30

maybe leaving someone out
The real question is how many is going out to the public? That's why I said what I said early about me seeing alot of salt at these FCFS for people lining up all night for less than 18 pair. 

I also know in your area. Most of those are back door already 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm from the Bay Area... Trust me they are not a mass GR release... Ton's of stores here in the Bay didn't get this that usually gets mass GR release retros. I actually found myself driving a bit out my way just enter raffles for this relese. I usually just hit up 3 malls within 10miles radius of me. I entered at malls about 30-45mins away.
Yeah, like I said it's been hella mixed statements I've read. I just take it with a grain of salt because nothing's definite until release date. I just hope everyone who truly wants these can cop. Y'all cats have been keeping me entertained for the past 5 months of deployment. Stay up!

So this is a fake insole lighter blue?

View media item 2150017
I'm not 100% sure but this is a legit insole (from my pair) unless it is a lighting situation.

View media item 2149723

Not 100% sure about these. But it very common JB uses different color insole underlays on other releases. I would judge by that. You have to inspect the overall shoe, rather than pointing just one thing. With fakes red flags are followed by several other things. Shoe folk are quick to judge something fake when its a factory defect.

The real question is how many is going out to the public? That's why I said what I said early about me seeing alot of salt at these FCFS for people lining up all night for less than 18 pair
Maybe on average for a super hype release, only 50% would go back to the public?  Again, just my opinion as I don't know exact staff numbers on site for each FTL/FNL but just estimating.  

Either way, everyone WANTS this bad.  I really hope no one gets hurt come Friday night into all of Saturday.  

how are those numbers a GR _stephen.p_ _stephen.p_ ? reraffling tickets don't mean anything but a lower % chance you have to get your entry picked. they could add 100 extra tickets to the mix and still only have 10 pair. all it will do is bring more foot traffic in the store which in turn might bring more business.

Hibbetts (8 Stores)

FootAction (2 Stores)
24 pairs

Jimmy Jazz (3 Stores)

HOH (2 Stores)
60+  

DTLR (5 Stores)

Finishline (2 Stores)
20-30

maybe leaving someone out...
how are those numbers a GR @riceNeggs? reraffling tickets don't mean anything but a lower % chance you have to get your entry picked. they could add 100 extra tickets to the mix and still only have 10 pair. all it will do is bring more foot traffic in the store which in turn might bring more business.
Agree with @K20Lee  Those numbers don't sound anything like a GR.  Sure, your stores in your area that normally don't get AJ1s are getting these, but those numbers at Hibbetts, JJ, etc., are hella low.  That's like 1 GS run and maybe 2 FSR in men's.  That's nothing.

Sorry man, I'm with @vampire xtc  he's been consistently correct with information as an inside man for us.

I did about 14 tickets got two call backs, my boy got 6 out of 14 call backs an he's only keeping one pair selling the rest $350.smh I hope everyone can buy at retail, I know for some they rather pay the extra an avoid the madness, if I get anymore calls I will help others out. For those who don't mind paying the resell price inbox me if you want his link,it's only Wednesday I would wait it out for call backs,Patients is virtue.

Its a GR but with very high demand. Probably not a mass GR like white cements and metallics. Its definitely not limited like chicagos and sbbs. GR with low allocation? ahhh man who the F knows

With that said, I still don't like my chances. Finished up doing raffles last night and I saw soooo many tickets in the raffle box. Then combined with any in store shenanigans you may encounter smh. I have the 2013 so I guess I shouldn't be too upset if I miss out. But after seeing the comparison pics, 2013 looks so cheap.

Agree with @K20Lee
 Those numbers don't sound anything like a GR.  Sure, your stores in your area that normally don't get AJ1s are getting these, but those numbers at Hibbetts, JJ, etc., are hella low.  That's like 1 GS run and maybe 2 FSR in men's.  That's nothing.
Sorry man, I'm with @vampire xtc
 he's been consistently correct with information as an inside man for us.

What one ever been a general release! Let alone the "Beginning" of Jordan being a Gr8. If they say limited to 1 pair for purchase it's a LIMITED RELEASE by definition. General Release you just walk in. These are not a QuickStrike that's the term to identify with limited release. Let these ppl be great until sadderday with great concept.

Can we table the limited / GR talk till after Saturday? If everyone is able to purchase online, knowing the stock distribution in-store, would that make this seem like a bigger release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom