The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because when I take my shoes off I want to see that NIKE AIR logo on there?

They already came off on my Concord 11's and I have nothing, so I don't want the same thing happening on these.  I want to see the NIKE AIR on my shoes because they look sweet as hell. what's wrong with that??

Strange as hell to me, but thats what you like.

laugh.gif

Hell even the leather on my Mid Nouveaus are better than the yesterday's bred 1 release.

Last edited:
Jordan has no incentive to increase the quality. In fact, I wager that they're experimenting with ways to decrease material cost without losing market share. The market has shown that people will buy nearly anything with a jumpman on it from a certain year range.

It used to be 3s and 4s.

You ever notice that until recently, no one bought 1s. When no one was buying them, the quality was phenomenal. When Jordan realized that they would sell regardless, the material costs and quality no longer needed to drive the sale. Not just the leather quality either ... look at the cushioning on the ankle region in the 08-11 retro 1s. Compare to the 13-16.

It's laughably bad.
I find most 08-11 retro 1s to be laughably bad. I dont really know what you expect a retroed 1 to be. I wouldnt want all my NA retros to look like the side of a cow and have zoom air with phylon. Wouldnt be much of a retro regardless of their business practices. 1s are no different than Chucks or og vans. They are ancient.

Last edited:

Contemplated trading mine for a bit but wouldn't be able to do it. I would think most people would not make that trade unless they had doubles of SBBs. 
saw a few people with SBB make the offer to exchange for Bred 16 last night so its not like its impossible, I'm keeping the pairs i picked up in store raffle yesterday but might try to dangle a pair that comin in the mail as trade bait for another pair of sbb or frag + i add cash at a later date we'll see how it go tho

Last edited:

Someone got 10 pairs on twitter using betternikebot.. 
I'm sure dude wasn't just running it from his home. A lot of those guys are using servers and buy proxies. 

More runner and Ronnie pics from your shoe room so I can cope with my Bred/Banned 1 L's today. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I got you!

Fieg side:
Thanks, Broadway.  Papi gets his Volcanoes in this week. Typically I'm opposed to spending more than $300 on shoes, but $450 for a DS pair was probably as good as it was going to get for a size 10. And Joe, one last request, hit me up if you know anyone personally with a DS pair of 9.5 Bred 1s (can't bring myself to call them Banned. Especially when I have a pair in the closet) at like $275. If anyone can do it, you can. Hell, you beat the Colts in Super Bowl 3 and who thought you could do that, right? Repped for fulfilling the pic request, too.

P.S. info on the fur? 
nthat.gif

I'm not understanding the hate on the remastered program. I've only gotten a few pairs but my WC4s are head and shoulders better quality than any 4s I got from 2006 or 2012 and my 2015 1s are head and shoulders above my 2013 pairs. They've made strides in improving materials and getting closer to the OG molds. Are they perfect no? But are we really on here expecting Banned 1 quality on every release. The leather on the 85s wasn't Banned quality. I'm satisfied with what JB is putting out.

I'm not understanding the hate on the remastered program. I've only gotten a few pairs but my WC4s are head and shoulders better quality than any 4s I got from 2006 or 2012 and my 2015 1s are head and shoulders above my 2013 pairs. They've made strides in improving materials and getting closer to the OG molds. Are they perfect no? But are we really on here expecting Banned 1 quality on every release. The leather on the 85s wasn't Banned quality. I'm satisfied with what JB is putting out.

people just gotta complain about something, yet do nothing really about it.

1st world problems.

people constantly confuse tumbled leather with quality

the black panels are just super thick and will loosen with wear

doesn't mean it's bad quality

Popped up to River Oaks Mall in IL. Not a unclaimed pair in site. HOH said it was a first that everyone and he said everyone grabbed their raffled pair. I lucked out but I see them pulling out the new reservation system so im hopeful for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom