THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I feel honored to be a part of this list. Real talk, I'm a bit diff in other forums I'm a part of. For example, I'm extremely welcoming and nurturing towards newbies in car forums, often times defending them.

I think the difference is that in car forums, newbies want to learn and are just asking for information on parts etc that is abundant within the market. Its also esoteric wherein even newbies are about the culture, so the "hypebeast" of that world dont tend be on forums. I guess I feel new comers in other types of forums are more genuine with their motive in accounts, posts and questions. Sorry if this comes off as pretentious. I truly do not mean it that way.
That's funny you say that because recently I joined a 4Runner group and I'm a total newb but had genuine questions on what parts to order and to get their opinions and had a lot of people help me out - I think people get a little bent out of shape in here when people come in asking "yo what's resell on these going to be?" "are these going to be hard to get?" - because they aren't truly bringing anything to the table or asking sincere questions....so I do feel the pain when some people get upset haha

EDIT: many things can be found on google - so word to the newcomers - utilize it prior to your post

Last edited:

'87 - OG

1999 "OG Mesh" (604139-161)

2002 "OG Mesh" (609029-161)

2005 ''Pre-HOA''(604139-163)

2005 "History of Air" (313097-161)

2006 ''History of Air'' (313097-161)

2009 "Quickstrike" (378830-161)

2012/13 "VNTG" (554717-160)

2017 "Anniversary" (908375-100)
it was a nice try but you're still missing the pre HOA and the 2006 HOA
wink.gif

That's funny you say that because recently I joined a 4Runner group and I'm a total newb but had genuine questions on what parts to order and to get their opinions and had a lot of people help me out - I think people get a little bent out of shape in here when people come in asking "yo what's resell on these going to be?" "are these going to be hard to get?" - because they aren't truly bringing anything to the table or asking sincere questions....so I do feel the pain when some people get upset haha

EDIT: many things can be found on google - so word to the newcomers - utilize it prior to your post

True. Also this culture is very based on subjective opinion in aesthetics. So yeah, ima tell you I think the new shape is not as great the old.

In car related ish, aesthetics is a smaller percent compared to performance etc. And anomolies in that aesthetic realm dont make their way into conversation, Ex. Someone asking about bagged suspension, giant wings or extreme neg camber isnt something most car enthusiast talk about. Instead newbies are asking, will my engine blow if I do xyz. Its annoying but not as annoying as 25 people asking if OG reds will release when it was just stated by the previous newbie.

Sidenote: I actually like the smaller, thinner swoosh.

How many times have the OG Royals released? Also the '09 pair that released is different right? Correct me if I'm wrong this one is more Royal blue while the '09 pair was a light royal blue??? I never had the 09 pair even though I wanted them and I couldn't justify paying over $200 for a pair of AM1.

How many times have the OG Royals released? Also the '09 pair that released is different right? Correct me if I'm wrong this one is more Royal blue while the '09 pair was a light royal blue??? I never had the 09 pair even though I wanted them and I couldn't justify paying over $200 for a pair of AM1.
2000, 2002, 2005, 2009 and 2010

2009 and 2010 is varsity blue and the earlier retros are varsity royal

Last edited:
Y'all really getting your ninjahood on comparing cars to kicks though?

I believe this is what they are referring to

These are also a GS version, which is why the 2017 doesnt look quite right. But this picture shows what is wrong in the heel area, the HOA has a heel that is leaning forward, and the 2017 has a heel area that is leaning back, throwing off the back of the shoe. I do expect Nike to fix it going forward.

Lol, except I am one of those grumps too. 

j/k :lol:

I have no problem with AMD, Modus, unseen or any of the other OGs in here. Usually they are very helpful and welcoming when people have questions. They just aren't the type of people that like all this hype bringing in the hypebeast crowd and these big Nike campaigns are stirring a lot of attention making releases a pain. 

https://launches.endclothing.com/#/

I did this just in case any issues on NDC
thanks and repped fam.  signed up and ready for the big L. 

Oh there's going to be issues alright haha
yup.  the fact that the link even exist is a tell tale sign that its going to be pandemonium.  heads is delusional if they think this release (especially the elephants) is going to be a cake walk.  i was having a convo with @Mrphist  about how silly this is going to be and i personally dont plan on jumping through hoops just to strike out several times over. as i did with the safaris.  
this is exactly what I'm talking about
I also agree...still copping
glasses.gif
as will i.  this was some of the issues we spoke of months ago about bespokes.  crazy that @SingledOut  has one of the better shaped ones and the rest are cliff hanger booty boxes.  

Last edited:
Womens aqua may just be one of my all time favorite colorways....there's been a size 6 floating around for sale as of late 

@Modus47  that poster is awesome, I've never seen that one, repped for showing me something new today 
laugh.gif

yup.  the fact that the link even exist is a tell tale sign that its going to be pandemonium.  heads is delusional if they think this release (especially the elephants) is going to be a cake walk.  i was having a convo with @Mrphist  about how silly this is going to be and i personally dont plan on jumping through hoops just to strike out several times over. as i did with the safaris.  

as will i.  this was some of the issues we spoke of months ago about bespokes.  crazy that @SingledOut  has one of the better shaped ones and the rest are cliff hanger booty boxes.  
I got my wife and brother signed up on Nike+ to hopefully catch a reservation ( if they're even doing them, have heard both yes and no) but after seeing the entry raffle on end I now ahve a very bad taste in my mouth for Saturday.

I'm still not sure why my shape on bespoke is little bit better - most of the pairs you see online are from 1948 in London though where mine are from 21 Mercer, however I'm pretty sure they're all made in same factory. I'm a firm believer mesh toebox gives you best shape on bespoke though....still interested to see if bespoke shape changes at all.

do you all think that the elephants are gonna be an online majority release or are regular footlockers and such gonna get em. every time nike says "select nike retailers" only place I can find em is online.

do you all think that the elephants are gonna be an online majority release or are regular footlockers and such gonna get em. every time nike says "select nike retailers" only place I can find em is online.
From what I heard they're going to be really limited. 

Tier zero accounts right?

lol at "the cushioning never wears out." It may not wear out but it damn sure crumbles into small pieces.

Back
Top Bottom