THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Man, collectibility would've been through the roof if they did this.
I literally only own one thing from Supreme (5 panel hat) and don't necessarily care for the hype, but that would've been cool. I would've copped a Korean or Canadian flag in a heartbeat

For sure the collectibility would have been crazy. And I sold most of my stuff off a few years ago, too many kids wearing it now. I kept some of my unbranded stuff like the recalled suede bomber and such. Also kept a few branded pieces

I'm not a fan of the hypebeast or resell culture like the Joe to my left and right but I understand that it's our reality.

What's the point of this schoolyard bickering? Does anyone really care how big someone's AM1 d*ck really is?

Yes, I understand that its frustrating in a situation where someone might have been waiting 10 years for the Atmos retro and loses to resellers but that's life. C'mon.

I'm hardly an OG of this thread or this site for that matter but I don't think there's a need for any of this sense of entitlement. Let's all just get back to our regularly scheduled programming of @AIRMAXDISCIPLE  's spank bank pics shall we?

Last edited:
Actually, these ARE a Nikelab Release even though SNS doesn`t mention it. Apart from the toebox, I don`t see why these should be considered inferior compared to the recent ones, I own both versions though... 
I own both as well.

Shape (as you mentioned) is an obvious flag but overall, the details don't do it for me (no go on the translucent outsole or the off-material heel. Cork insole was a nice touch though! The overall execution of the recent black/sail is just cleaner IMO

Let me clarify by saying that I think they are inferior.

Last edited:

I own both as well.

Shape (as you mentioned) is an obvious flag but overall, the details don't do it for me (no go on the translucent outsole or the off-material heel. Cork insole was a nice touch though!

Let me clarify by saying that I think they are inferior.
yeah, fair enough, as always it all comes down to personal taste. I`m a sucker for 3M details and I think this was done pretty nicely and not too obvious.

I just don`t get why so many people now jump on the new pinnacles while the last ones are still sitting reduced over 50%. The differences between these two pairs are not huge enough to explain the old ones sitting at that price and the new ones selling like hot cakes.

yeah, fair enough, as always it all comes down to personal taste. I`m a sucker for 3M details and I think this was done pretty nicely and not too obvious.

I just don`t get why so many people now jump on the new pinnacles while the last ones are still sitting reduced over 50%. The differences between these two pairs are not huge enough to explain the old ones sitting at that price and the new ones selling like hot cakes.
Honestly, the use of Sail in the new CWs was the easy trigger

Like the Sail/Sail looks and feels way more lux than the earlier triple white pinnacle (which just look like your run of the mill joints). 

Last edited:
the difference between last yrs pinnacles and this yrs are pretty huge & clear to me actually...

shape, quality of leather and over build don't really begin to cover how much better this yrs are to last but again it's just my opinion.

the difference between last yrs pinnacles and this yrs are pretty huge & clear to me actually...

shape, quality of leather and over build don't really begin to cover how much better this yrs are to last but again it's just my opinion.
Just to clarify, I definitely prefer the new pinnacles, just don`t get the fact that these sell so differently, especially at that price for the old ones. I wouldn`t have bought last year`s pinnacles for retail, got them for 50% as well

i wanted the grey pinnacles. was wanting for them to go on sale and check one day and poof!! they're gone

I'd prob take a pair of last yrs pinnacles for 50$ just to have a nice pair of beaters but I'd tell anyone else to take that 50$ and put it towards this yrs everyday of the wk.
Doubled up on this year's black pin bc you ain't gonna find a nicer beater than these.

Wasn't it talked about a little while back that the Pinnacles would not go on sale? Tat they would just be pulled off the site? Or will they actually go on clearance? 

Any more word on an August restock on the OGs?

Was hoping resale would drop on them after Air Max Day but it's only gone up 
mean.gif

Wasn't it talked about a little while back that the Pinnacles would not go on sale? Tat they would just be pulled off the site? Or will they actually go on clearance? 
They won't go on sale on Nike but retailers like SNS will put them on clearance if they sit for too long.

Back
Top Bottom