THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Took a few shots since the rain finally subsided...

MC Flyknit

Airmoji tongue tab

black air bags

icy sole/white sole combo

white swoosh

Quick takeaways:

-These run big. In comparison to my Lunarepic Flyknits in a size 13, these Air Max 1's in a 12.5 I still have way too much space.

- If you look closely in picture 5, you can see some shoddy craftsmanship on the right heel. All of the print is a little slanted compared to the left.

All in all it's nice, but not sure what to do since I can't recreate the same option in a smaller size without stitching defect on the heel. Ehh...I'll sleep on it a few days.
Ordered the same exact pair and yours look great! I just chatted up Nike and ask if they will still get here in a week since my status hasn't changed in almost a month! Lol

Since you obviously can't recreate them and they are too nice to give up... I would suggest you do the steam trick to try and get them to fit a little better! I am expecting I'll have to do that also even though I did size down .5.

Last edited:
Would be sweet if the pinnacles hit outlets this weekend to use this 30% off

Last edited:

Ordered the same exact pair and yours look great! I just chatted up Nike and ask if they will still get here in a week since my status hasn't changed in almost a month! Lol
Thanks! What was your estimated arrival date? Mine was 5/4, but I got them about two weeks early.

I just hit up Nike chat, they are going to se if they can remake them for me due to the heel text stitching issue. Have to wait 2-3 days to be contacted. If they can, might see if I can size down to a 12 as well.

Last edited:

Thanks! What was your estimated arrival date? Mine was 5/4, but I got them about two weeks early.
Also 5/4 and mine are still in progress!!! The guy I chatted with was nice and said that i shouldn't worry and they will still get here by then. We will see!

^
did you do leather or suede underlay? should've done mesh for a "better" shape.

the leather toebox w/suede mudguard combo leads to the extra bulbous toe and overall bad shape

That mudguard is unacceptable!  I would definitely get on chat and see if you can get a discount code for them. I would return then reorder the pair with the discount and hope they come in better shape. Maybe go mesh for a better shape also?

yeah he eef'd up not doing mesh underlay right off the bat

Well, I didn't want mesh, I wanted leather. Sorry that I "eff'd up" on my own personal ID order. Didn't mean to disappoint.

And honestly I don't have much of a hangup about the shape like some of y'all have. I'm not looking to try to buy shoes only to try to iron them and risk messing them up. I personally can't tell the toe difference if I'm wearing them, and I doubt anyone I'm ever around will be like "yo, your toebox has a bulky shape."

I do, however, have issues with crappy, crappy craftsmanship, like gaps between the mudguard and the upper, and widow peaks eeeevvvrrrywhere. That's garbage. And actually noticeable.

I just hit up Nike chat, they are going to se if they can remake them for me due to the heel text stitching issue. Have to wait 2-3 days to be contacted. If they can, might see if I can size down to a 12 as well.
i hope you get a % off because of the error..

I also thought the imprint of the underside of the pinnacle am1 insole was a neat (albeit pointless) touch.

Last edited:

Black. Wonder if the fact that they're from Euro had anything to do with it.

Black. Wonder if the fact that they're from Euro had anything to do with it.
Oooooh that. I was looking at the sole under the insole. Yea mine have that. I thought it was just part of the insole design for comfort, not a mirror of the am1 outsole. That's dope.

Last edited:
Anyone ever cop from footdistrict? Just wanna know how long they usually take to ship to the states

Odds of getting the jades under retail?

Or someone tell me they're worth it
laugh.gif
They are absolutely worth it. The Jade and Fog are the best AM1's since 09 imo. I love my og's and my atmos but the quality on the Pinnacles is another level. I'm going to the outlets today hoping to be able to double up.

Back
Top Bottom