THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

trying to go for the ACG look, dunno which panels should be black or sail though
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.38.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.39.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.39.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 10.39.52 PM.png

4 & 2

I would go for 4

Both have visible mudguard which is how Air Max retros supposed to look

Your designs really look similar to these, with a touch of "atmos teal"
IMG_4922.JPG IMG_4921.JPG

Had a little bit fun

I'll call this Pendleton "Atmos"
IMG_4923.PNG
IMG_4924.PNG

2017 AM1 OG red "leather Oreo"
IMG_4925.PNG
IMG_4926.PNG

hi, i never owned a pair of 1s, but they are really growing on me more and more, so i would like to cop a 90s-07 pair (more like 03-07 cause the probability i find one ~wearable is like 0.001% lol) and i'm searching for a model with og build (mesh, white midsole, colorblock like the og for example 2003 obsidian,99 black mesh,etc)

i first wanted to look for 2003 obdisian,2003 og blue or 99 black mesh but it was said to me they're durabuck, so it will not last. do you guys think of some cws with og build from that period? i'm liking more and more the currys, but with the rumors posted here maybe the price will go down, or i'll op the 2017 currys, dont want to put a 500 bucks in those first am1s, not now lol

thx in advance!

the Currys will probably stay the same in price, I'd say wait until the end of the year to see what drops between now and then.

Reactions: PJS
hi, i never owned a pair of 1s, but they are really growing on me more and more, so i would like to cop a 90s-07 pair (more like 03-07 cause the probability i find one ~wearable is like 0.001% lol) and i'm searching for a model with og build (mesh, white midsole, colorblock like the og for example 2003 obsidian,99 black mesh,etc)

i first wanted to look for 2003 obdisian,2003 og blue or 99 black mesh but it was said to me they're durabuck, so it will not last. do you guys think of some cws with og build from that period? i'm liking more and more the currys, but with the rumors posted here maybe the price will go down, or i'll op the 2017 currys, dont want to put a 500 bucks in those first am1s, not now lol

thx in advance!
I'd start with a pair of the og reds that just released. Those old pairs are nice but not something that should be worn regularly. The midsoles normally just can't handle it.

I'd start with a pair of the og reds that just released. Those old pairs are nice but not something that should be worn regularly. The midsoles normally just can't handle it.

agreed.
I don't think buying a 10-15 year old vintage pair is a good idea as a first pair.
many will need reglue,soleswap, etc and generally harder to get unless you're in the right groups, searching consistently.
start with any of the '17s and then start building up.

honestly, i have a pair of 2016 BWs, and regardless of the shape, the comfort is just awful..i saw that for the shape, those restock are better than before,but when i see those old school bubbles i just cant accept the actual comfort of AMs..
same with TNs..had a pair from 2013 and 2009, and the comfort is by far better for the 2009
but yeah if i dont find anything, i would go for the og blue restock i think

honestly, i have a pair of 2016 BWs, and regardless of the shape, the comfort is just awful..i saw that for the shape, those restock are better than before,but when i see those old school bubbles i just cant accept the actual comfort of AMs..
same with TNs..had a pair from 2013 and 2009, and the comfort is by far better for the 2009
but yeah if i dont find anything, i would go for the og blue restock i think
If youre looking for comfort, honestly AM1 isnt for you. Its 30 year old tech. It cant compete with the new shoes. And my 2017s are just as comfy as my pairs from 2003. The only advantage for the old pairs is they might already be broken in. I picked up ds Currys from 2003 a few months ago and the 2017 feel the same as them. My 2005 HOAs are more comfortable but that's bc they are broken in. Of course I wore my Currys literally one time and they already need a soleswap. There's really no reason to gamble on an old pair unless you're a huge AM1 fan. Just pick up the 2017 og reds, see if you like AM1s, and then go from there. Having your first pair crumble on your after 1 wear will ruin you opinion of the model.

If youre looking for comfort, honestly AM1 isnt for you. Its 30 year old tech. It cant compete with the new shoes. And my 2017s are just as comfy as my pairs from 2003. The only advantage for the old pairs is they might already be broken in. I picked up ds Currys from 2003 a few months ago and the 2017 feel the same as them. My 2005 HOAs are more comfortable but that's bc they are broken in. Of course I wore my Currys literally one time and they already need a soleswap. There's really no reason to gamble on an old pair unless you're a huge AM1 fan. Just pick up the 2017 og reds, see if you like AM1s, and then go from there. Having your first pair crumble on your after 1 wear will ruin you opinion of the model.

Seems reasonnable, u're right maybe i was overestimating old bubbles...but btw when i say comfort its more the bubble that feels like u are walking on air than those new things like vapormax or vaporfly(?)..
Should cop the restock blues and we'll see for the rest
Maybe got too much used to TNs, they are the most comfortable shoes ive ever put on lol
Thx!

If I didn't have the ability to swap them out, it would be for me. Hate rope laces in anything but Asics.
That's my point. It's the easiest thing to switch out. I doubt anyone who actually buys them is planning on rocking the ropes.

It's kind of a blessing that they're in the pics because that one thing will keep these things on NDC longer than they should be there because of how unattractive they look.

finding matching ridgerock or olive flat laces isn't going to be as easy as it sounds though

Can someone please tell me, is there anything special about a pair of air max 1's OG RED 2012 release (554717-160)
A few pairs on ebay are listed for $200-$500

Back
Top Bottom