THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

lol, some real hate in here... look, the game is the game, that's with anything, reselling is a part of our consumer lives ...even with artwork, it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. you can't be mad @ the next man because he figured out a way to finesse a bag from one of the biggest companies of all time, & when you watch round two, you can tell he does have a real passion for vintage gear. mans getting it in every way possible, even using his own shoes as leverage to negotiate deals on buying supreme for his shop. if it's legal i can't hate on the next man for making his dollar, even if it sucks because i gotta shell out more, that's the game. i see a lot of use of the term "culture vulture" here, & while i am pro black all the way, can someone explain why you think he's a culture vulture in this sense?
The issue is how he goes about his business. If he just sourced and sold vintage gear, nobody would have an issue with him. Everyone thinks very highly of guys like gusto and doggsfoot. That's not the case though with Sean. Just this past weekend @rogue was at a release for the Cloth AF1's. He'd been there 8 hours in a calm and peaceful line behind a barricade.. An hour before the release, Sean's minions showed up and rushed the door, completely ****ting on the line. Security ended up shutting down the release. For some weird reason kids look up to him as a "plug" when in reality he just has an army of goons that hoard as many new pairs as he can and sells them to the highest bidder.

The issue is how he goes about his business. If he just sourced and sold vintage gear, nobody would have an issue with him. Everyone thinks very highly of guys like gusto and doggsfoot. That's not the case though with Sean. Just this past weekend @rogue was at a release for the Cloth AF1's. He'd been there 8 hours in a calm and peaceful line behind a barricade.. An hour before the release, Sean's minions showed up and rushed the door, completely ****ting on the line. Security ended up shutting down the release. For some weird reason kids look up to him as a "plug" when in reality he just has an army of goons that hoard as many new pairs as he can and sells them to the highest bidder.

Doggsfoot, Netmagnetism, Liukangscloset, Bucksvintage - these guys are the truth.

lol, some real hate in here... look, the game is the game, that's with anything, reselling is a part of our consumer lives ...even with artwork, it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. you can't be mad @ the next man because he figured out a way to finesse a bag from one of the biggest companies of all time, & when you watch round two, you can tell he does have a real passion for vintage gear. mans getting it in every way possible, even using his own shoes as leverage to negotiate deals on buying supreme for his shop. if it's legal i can't hate on the next man for making his dollar, even if it sucks because i gotta shell out more, that's the game. i see a lot of use of the term "culture vulture" here, & while i am pro black all the way, can someone explain why you think he's a culture vulture in this sense?
Culture vulture as in sneaker culture, not black culture.

Anybody that exploits and price gouged a community for profit is a vulture. Not saying it's wrong or right, but it's true. There's a different between law and morality, so to be ok with something just because it's legal doesn't mean it's "right".

I'm displeased with Nike for dealing with him is that they completely contradict their own ethics by dealing with him. I dislike his actions regarding that ugly shoe because he is lucky enough to get his own release through Nike, then resells it? Come on now, have some class.

I don't blame Nike for kids getting killed for their shoes, but to turn around and give a dude a release and have that dude resell at 300+ % morally contradicts what Nike says they stand for. Imo

Last edited:
Half of the people saying "neck beard" have had or cut off their neck beard within the past year.

You're not immune to being a culture vulture and are lying to yourself when looking in the mirror.

Get off your high horses.

I definitely blame Nike more than the neckbeard. I don't particularly like the way he carries himself or his business and his sneaker taste is certainly different than mine but I watched an interview where he talks about how the collab came about and the process behind the design and he seems to have a genuine love for sneakers. He was given an opportunity that none of us would turn down and designed (err.. bespoked) a shoe for himself. What's a bigger problem for the 'culture' in my opinion is that now everyone wants said sneaker because Nike told you this guy is an 'influencer' and the shoes will be limited. The percentage of people aiming to cop because they actually like the product is low. People will shell out hundreds of dollars to participate in what they perceive as sneaker 'culture'. People will jump through hoops in the hopes of 'eating' or to proclaim that they 'won' because they were lucky enough to pay money for something that they otherwise wouldn't have looked twice at. But this is nothing new. It's brilliant marketing from the company that is still telling us the black/red Jordan 1 was banned by the NBA.
Which game did MJ play in bred 1s then?

WTF ? Square is back !
Capture.JPG

Duck Camo and Homegrowns combined for a stack?
BOTH DS?
Ya you're crazy if you pass on that.

Yea, Both DS For $1050 Shipped

Homegrowns Are Probably My Favorite Airmax Release Of All Times :smokin This Pair Isn’t My Size But Fortunately I Have A DS Size 10 Pair In The Collection Already So This Pair Would Function As Trade Bait.

Atmos Tiger Camo’s Are My Size Tho.

Been Skeptical The Deal Is Too Good To Be True But Dude Is Checking Out More And More As Legit :wow:

I Feel Like Both Those Pairs Are Creeping Into That $1K Mark Themselves At This Point And I’d Be An Idiot To Pass On This Type Of Deal

Soooo what you're telling me is the black red 1 was banned from being worn in an NBA game...

I don't need solecollectors help on this one, I got it.
Technically yes, but so was every other colored basketball shoe in that era. They could make a pink and yellow Chuck Taylor and call it the Banned Chuck bc it was banned at the time too. Same goes for a purple and orange AJ1. It was banned too. The Nike Air Ship is what caused the letter from the NBA to Nike though.

Back
Top Bottom