THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Ive been wearing the same AM1 size for the past 15 years and rarely experienced this problem. The Curry’s actually fit snugger than most AM1’s in my collection. It’s not a sizing issue. It’s a QC issue. I happened to receive a crap pair of Curry’s along with many others.

If you look at my second pic you can see the toe box dents before I even tried the shoe on. Nike charged a premium price for a sub-premium product.

clear that in your case it's really bad with toe box dents before you even tried the shoe, really a bad pair it's ugly, I would have been like you very disappointed to receive a pair like yours, to keep a pair like this one is not possible

even if it is not your case, there are also some people who buy them too big, and that favors this toe dent problem, in this case sometimes size-down solves this problem (or at least decreases it), after that there are also bad pairs crap pairs and in this case there is nothing to do just send it back

Last edited:
User issue? Theyre shoes.. am i putting them on or wearing them incorrectly? :lol: and there are multiple ppl in here with the same results
Wrong size, laced too tight, etc. People have issues here and there but 4 straight? You either have the worst qc luck ever or you're doing something to cause it.

lol. This is definitely a QC issue, not a sizing or fit issue and not related to one specific CW. Ive had this issue with every anniversary CW and sifted through numerous pairs of each until finding some that don't have the Nokia toe box issue. This is why I haven't bought more AM1's and buy multiples every time. When you get 3 pairs of the same CW, try them on and 1 or 2 out of 3 have a jacked up toe box its pretty obvious its a QC problem.

lol. This is definitely a QC issue, not a sizing or fit issue and not related to one specific CW. Ive had this issue with every anniversary CW and sifted through numerous pairs of each until finding some that don't have the Nokia toe box issue. This is why I haven't bought more AM1's and buy multiples every time. When you get 3 pairs of the same CW, try them on and 1 or 2 out of 3 have a jacked up toe box its pretty obvious its a QC problem.
But some people have bought 30+ pairs with no issues. Knowing that, I feel like the people having issue after issue are either doing something wrong or just have a foot that doesnt mesh well with the am1. Qc can't vary that much from person to person.

I never get toe dent... But do slightly on these. The material used on the Curry mudguard is gash, it's almost "wrinkled"... I ordered 4 pairs, 2 in my tts & 2 .05 up after dblplay1212 dblplay1212 mentioned they fit snug.. So glad I did, my tts UK9 fitted like a 8! :smh: Got lucky as keeping the 9.5s - Deff not worth the premium price tag but not complete trash. Shouts to dblplay1212 for heads up on size..
IMG_2117.jpg

Last edited:
perso I really have to be lucky, on my last 10 pairs never had this problem (Anniversary's, curry, IDs, essential men, essential women, premium sc jewel)

after when it happens, it must be really disappointing because it's really very ugly :frown:

MAIN INGREDIENT MAIN INGREDIENT very nice man, full curry pack :wink:

I am loving the Green Currys. I got those at full price too. Ill wait on the other 2 and hopefully I'll get lucky to find them in the outlet or on sale.

My pair is supposed to show up tomorrow. I am hoping I don't have any problems with mine, because I want to go straight to feet with them.

straight to feet :nthat: with jeans these AM1 curry is dope!

otherwise I have a question, if toe dent I think it will be seen immediately I am right?

Anyone experience this with Notre Shop? I placed an order on curry with Notre. It never shipped so I contacted customer support 3 days later. They said they needed additional verification even though they never reached out to me. I gave them my ID, address proof and credit card. Another 1 day has past and they have not responded. Seems so weird

All three colorways of the Currys are still available on Swoosh in basically FSRs. That is something I didn’t necessarily anticipate. Definitely means people who wanted pairs probably didn’t/won’t have issues copping. Still haven’t got any for myself yet. On the fence still...

Was about to wait for the second pair to choose and try but all that sizing gate... let me test ^^
Yep they are definitivly more tighter but not enough to half size down
Photo 14-05-2018 18 14 24.jpg

4 different inner liner, same size for all.
Widest to tightest for me are in order Atmos elephant, DSM, Anniversary (but one of my red pair feels like the DSM...) and Curry
Photo 14-05-2018 18 15 47.jpg

Last edited:
Glad I dont care about the toe box dents, my March OG anny pair doesnt have any issue with this at all but actually dont feel as good on foot. Idk Im not worried because no one will care as they still look clean on foot.

It's really just a point of view thing, when we look down from a birds eye view the dents or creases look worse than someone looking from another angle at your shoe

Was about to wait for the second pair to choose and try but all that sizing gate... let me test ^^
Yep they are definitivly more tighter but not enough to half size down
Photo 14-05-2018 18 14 24.jpg

4 different inner liner, same size for all.
Widest to tightest for me are in order Atmos elephant, DSM, Anniversary (but one of my red pair feels like the DSM...) and Curry
Photo 14-05-2018 18 15 47.jpg
I wish the DSMs released in Canada. :frown:

After 3 days of wear, I got toe dents just like my anniversary pairs and every other pair of mesh/suede air max1 I have picked up in the last year. Not really an issue for me as I dont care much and planned on wearing the shoes anyways.
20180514_124902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom