THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Well now going back in time on my first pair in 15’ I would do some sh*t differently on them, besides the fact they have the “transitional shape” I’ll call it. Seeming that they’re not the improved shape but they’re better than some other bespokes.

Point being, my wrap is halfway decent here, compared to what someone else got (he returned this pair, due to well...the cliff)

789E96A8-FA61-41A7-B179-8BE22438D573.jpeg

80EB3042-DFE0-43EA-81C8-977200CA6707.jpeg

Things I would change now

1. No baseball stitching, it’s cool but kinda meh now imo
2. Split outsole, not sure why it turned out all gum when the render was split w gum
And White - pretty sure that was one of the things the factory did wrong but I chose to just take as is bc I was too stoked to care at the time.
3. I would have done the reverse nappy suede instead of the vesuvio suede I did for the grey.
4. No cork insole...they’re just meh to me now.

58083B0B-0136-4460-94E7-87C2FC4C0CB9.jpeg

DFC8E212-9E39-4F37-8BC2-076A45D1DAF8.jpeg

You can see here in my OG render I had a sail ostrich heel, and also a Safari printed collar as I was going to kimmick the layout of the OG safari, swapped both those ideas later on.

B4F5DAA1-3BD3-4DD4-A783-A4C32F5A2E1A.jpeg

And it’s fun to compare them to some real heat that they were based off of (I wanted to combine OG safari, obsidians, and 99 minis into one shoe) big shape difference.

8611A521-51AF-42C0-BEF5-395CD15816B2.jpeg

BCAAD031-B1EB-4283-B2D7-CE5FFC26E6FC.jpeg

But all in all, they’ve held up to my taste over time as simplicity wins in my book for me personally.

29964D7E-D42E-4EFB-A3D6-37B16E171748.jpeg

According to the Style Code it should be a Mens release - I think sometimes in certain regions and/or at certain outlets they only offer a certain size range (the most popular sizes).

Thanks! Keeping my hope alive. That makes sense for a Japan release. Just hoping it'll drop here in the US and isn't an Asia exclusive.

Are all the AM1 little kids built like sketcher shapeups? I just got an 11c of the Have a Nike Day and they are super clunky lol.

man I’d give my left nut for an all grey men’s pinnacle (they made wmns pinns in all grey in 15 & 16 but *** shape)

I just wrote up a long "history lesson" in a different forum because of a discussion as to why AM1 "HOA" are referred to as a "2005" shoe, when they say "2006" on the size tag. I thought I'd copy+paste my reply in here in case it has interest for anyone (if not, just ignore it, please):

WARNING: HISTORY LESSON.
It's a bit tricky with associating years to shoe names sometimes. The truth is, most people that are into sneakers these days either aren't old enough to remember the actual release times, or they are old enough, but weren't into these sneakers at the time. As such, most people go by the dates on the size-tags to reference a year to associate with a particular shoe. But should it really be the "production date" or the "release date" that should be used? Well, for new stuff, like 2017 and 2018, people seem to use the release dates (at least for now... we'll see if that changes in 5-10 years). So, as for this HOA release, people generally refer to them as 2005 although they weren't released till 2006. Nike did their biggest celebration of Air Max up till that point that year, with the release of the "History of Air" pack, which was a retro of the most succesful Air Max releases in their original colorways (AM1, AM90, AM180, AM93, AM95, AM97 and AM03). Following that, Nike did their big "3 Decades of Cushioning" pack (commonly known as the "Powerwall" pack), which saw releases of a selection of the most iconic Nike Air cushioning products, personally selected by Mark Parker, featuring concepts in 56 colors and 32 graphic applications, displayed on the same 7 silhouettes used in HOA release - plus the new Air Max 360. Keep in mind, all of these promotional Air Max efforts from Nike were intended to create excitement about the Air Max 360.

I just wrote up a long "history lesson" in a different forum because of a discussion as to why AM1 "HOA" are referred to as a "2005" shoe, when they say "2006" on the size tag. I thought I'd copy+paste my reply in here in case it has interest for anyone (if not, just ignore it, please):
Mine say 2005 on the size tag?

Back
Top Bottom