THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Today
20190629_103322.jpg

Some people feel aggrieved that a whole LGBTQ range is being released and is symptomatic of a greater agenda by society to normalise this behaviour. Some take issue with allowing people who are part of these communities to publicly celebrate their sexuality, have it taught in schools as part of the curriculum and have national events specifically dedicated to these groups.

There are also those who feel as though like other marginalised groups they have a right to be both seen and heard and don't feel like it's an encroachment on their rights and openly support the LGBTQ community.

Regardless of where we all stand I don't believe this particular thread is the right place to have the discussion.

I think it's something definitely worth discussing especially as more and more of us are coming into contact whether it be family, friends or co-workers there has to be a happy medium to co-exist as neither group is going anywhere.

Some people feel aggrieved that a whole LGBTQ range is being released and is symptomatic of a greater agenda by society to normalise this behaviour. Some take issue with allowing people who are part of these communities to publicly celebrate their sexuality, have it taught in schools as part of the curriculum and have national events specifically dedicated to these groups.

There are also those who feel as though like other marginalised groups they have a right to be both seen and heard and don't feel like it's an encroachment on their rights and openly support the LGBTQ community.

Regardless of where we all stand I don't believe this particular thread is the right place to have the discussion.

I think it's something definitely worth discussing especially as more and more of us are coming into contact whether it be family, friends or co-workers there has to be a happy medium to co-exist as neither group is going anywhere.
"Normalize this behavior" "Coming in contact" The ****?

People just need to stop caring what others do when it doesnt affect them. Man wants to sleep with a man? Cool. That doesnt affect me at all. Woman wants to dress like and identify as a man? Cool. That doesn't affect me at all. If it doesnt affect me, why would I care? You (not you specifically) dont get to force others to be just like you. If it doesnt affect you, why care?

I dont wear Adidas kicks but a lot of others do. That doesnt affect me so I let them do their thing. I care much about the kicks you wear as I do who you sleep with.

dislike both of them. The scribble pair legit looks like a toddler designed and colored them. The prototype pair is lazy. If you idea is to do a prototype make the shoe more unfinished. Give some good deatiling...leave the swoosh off and just put the word where it should be add some color swatches to it...something...all you did was put some words and lines on a white shoe.

dislike both of them. The scribble pair legit looks like a toddler designed and colored them. The prototype pair is lazy. If you idea is to do a prototype make the shoe more unfinished. Give some good deatiling...leave the swoosh off and just put the word where it should be add some color swatches to it...something...all you did was put some words and lines on a white shoe.
In other words, "off-white" it?

U throat definitely takes away from it. Especially because the u throat is one of the best features to the shoe.

But it grew on me, I'm copping of it's a layup.

In other words, "off-white" it?

U throat definitely takes away from it. Especially because the u throat is one of the best features to the shoe.

But it grew on me, I'm copping of it's a layup.

Kind of "off-white" it :lol: yes
I like the concepts honestly. I really want to like them...but they aren't visually appealing to me.

Wasn't there someone on social media doing this with AF1s and Vans and stuff awhile ago? Essentially the same concept of "sharpie-ing" the lines of the shoe.
Nike just taking that idea or is this completely different

"Normalize this behavior" "Coming in contact" The ****?

People just need to stop caring what others do when it doesnt affect them. Man wants to sleep with a man? Cool. That doesnt affect me at all. Woman wants to dress like and identify as a man? Cool. That doesn't affect me at all. If it doesnt affect me, why would I care? You (not you specifically) dont get to force others to be just like you. If it doesnt affect you, why care?

I dont wear Adidas kicks but a lot of others do. That doesnt affect me so I let them do their thing. I care much about the kicks you wear as I do who you sleep with.

Apologies to all who don't wanna hear this political ish.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 Brother I believe we both come from a very similar political perspective this view is not mine. From what I have have seen you seem to be quite well read so hopefully this can be resolved without any negativity. I was simply pointing out the two perspectives of this discussion in the hope of not offending either side.

I think society in general is changing at a great pace and unfortunately in the current climate regardless of your perspective if you are unable to articulate an idea correctly you are "cancelled" without the opportunity to give greater context to your words. The problem with this is that it does not allow for growth as who you are as a person is crystallised within a sentence but honestly no one is the same person as they were five years ago so an opportunity to exchange dialogue I believe is essential.

I think it is becoming more apparent nowadays many who would consider themselves left or liberal are taking a similar stand that those on the right have for decades have in the sense that we a set core of beliefs and if you step outside of those confines your not one of us or you don't deserve to be heard. This perspective is flawed as it does not allow us to exchange ideas so we can ALL get along.

Last edited:
A buddy and I were talking about how the white pair looks like a cross between the stuff Joshua Vides made a thing (white shoe + painted/outlined black detailing) and the blank AM1 used during bespoke sessions.
25E694E6-8254-456C-87CE-18921DC7CD9F.jpeg
They always told me how much people liked that exact model. Even said that a few people wanted to make it, or, "one off" it. I bet that's part of the inspiration...especially since they have frequent meetings with NSW discussing trends etc.

Apologies to all who don't wanna hear this political ish.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 Brother I believe we both come from a very similar political perspective this view is not mine. From what I have have seen you seem to be quite well read so hopefully this can be resolved without any negativity. I was simply pointing out the two perspectives of this discussion in the hope of not offending either side.

I think society in general is changing at a great pace and unfortunately in the current climate regardless of your perspective if you if you are unable to articulate an idea correctly you are "cancelled" without the opportunity to give greater context to your words. The problem with this is that it does not allow for growth as who you are as a person is crystallised within a sentence but honestly no one is the same person as they were five years ago so an opportunity to exchange dialogue I believe is essential.

I think it is becoming more apparent nowadays many who would consider themselves left or liberal are taking a similar stand that those on the right have for decades have in the sense that we a set core of beliefs and if you step outside of those confines your not one of us or you don't deserve to be heard. This perspective is flawed as it does not allow us to exchange ideas so we can ALL get along.
Didn't mean for my post to be directed at you. I can see how it came across that way. I'm all for discussion, I think it helps everyone. That's why I think it's great that Nike does the Be True campaign. We wouldn't be discussing this if they didn't. That said, I'm never going to just be "Yea I see your point if view" to a bigot. I'm just not. If a person is close minded and thinks that everyone that's not like them is wrong, that's on them and they need to look deep inside to find out why they are that way. I'm going to take every opportunity to try to show them just how ignorant their point of view is.

Like I said earlier, if something doesn't affect you, you shouldn't care. It someone wants to share a bed with someone if the same sex, cool. If someone wants to pray to a different God, cool. If someone has a different skin tone, cool. I literally couldn't care less and neither should anyone else.

A buddy and I were talking about how the white pair looks like a cross between the stuff Joshua Vides made a thing (white shoe + painted/outlined black detailing) and the blank AM1 used during bespoke sessions.
My first thought was the blanks for bespokes. Didn't really think of Vides but I definitely see it now that you pointed it out.

Off topic, just as arbitrary as others recently, but Method Man is so underated. Been listening to Wu since summer of 1994 when I lived in Queens.

“French-vanilla, butter-pecan, chocolate-deluxe
Even caramel sundaes is gettin' touched
And scooped in my ice cream truck, Wu tears it up”. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gza was the underrated one, meth was hollywood famous, lol.

Back
Top Bottom