THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The NYC one is much better imo. And prices are way down on those. I might double on those and I don't even wear black shoes like that. US only release with premium materials? I'd be shocked if that wasn't a $300 pair in 2 years.

Hope these pics address your question.
3AAD0A0C-6A5A-4058-A22D-127170002630.jpeg
16AAF8FA-A475-4791-895D-54EF0714721A.jpeg
821F99D4-E9C1-4B62-8F87-C49B560C19FE.jpeg

Anthracite pair (R shoe), aside from the contrast in tones, is comprised of nubuck (mudguard/heel/swoosh) and regular leather (quarter, toe, u-throat). Versus the black pair (L shoe) is entirely made up of the deeper black leather.

Note: the sail laces in the anthracite pair are from the second set it comes with. (Black pair does not have a second set)

Awesome dude! Thanks for taking the time to do that.
Now I understand, the anthracite is a different material.
But just like doug3fresh, now I want both lol.

haha I wish. I haven't tried them on yet so idk. I can tonight if you want me to though. As for recommending them, that's on you. Personally I think they are ugly af :lol: but we all like different things. Box and paper are dope though.
😃 I’m not asking anyone to try on shoes it’s all good. Yeah to each his/her own just curious if you thought they were worth paying above retail for. I like them but I’m not sure how often I’d wear them although I wear the Susans more than I expected.

The NYC one is much better imo. And prices are way down on those. I might double on those and I don't even wear black shoes like that. US only release with premium materials? I'd be shocked if that wasn't a $300 pair in 2 years.
100% agree. I wish I had waited to get them until now since prices dropped already but I plan to double for sure. Can’t believe they are so low considering it’s such a bespoke looking sneaker.

😃 I’m not asking anyone to try on shoes it’s all good. Yeah to each his/her own just curious if you thought they were worth paying above retail for. I like them but I’m not sure how often I’d wear them although I wear the Susans more than I expected.
Materials are nice. If you like the colorway, go for it. I'm not a black midsole fan or a patent leather fan so they don't really work for me. The imprints in the mudguard are cool though.

How are those midsoles holding up? I've seen some getting swapped lately. A1Restorations on ig has that color and splatter down.
Midsoles are surprisingly still good to go but I do wear them consistently! You might be able to tell in the pic but I am getting very slight separation of the sole right at the toebox and of course the air bags are getting pretty fogged up!
I am wary of a swap because it is very tough to get the color right on these but I'll have to look into A1Restorations in the near future if he does indeed have the color down pat!

Midsoles are surprisingly still good to go but I do wear them consistently! You might be able to tell in the pic but I am getting very slight separation of the sole right at the toebox and of course the air bags are getting pretty fogged up!
I am wary of a swap because it is very tough to get the color right on these but I'll have to look into A1Restorations in the near future if he does indeed have the color down pat!
He's had 3-4 pairs recently in his ig stories. idk if he puts them on his page. He had one pair that he posted him working on every other day for a month and then he finally got the color right. I think other people saw it and then send their pairs to him.

im new round here. not from the states.
whats nokia toe? never heard that.
the shoe on the left looks horrific tho.

Back
Top Bottom