THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Unpopular opinion: Anything over retail + shipping is not worth it for these Evergreens or Magma’s

I’m sure there’s a high level of FOMO from some of you in here, plus the posted photos here and on social media don’t help BUT when you really think about it, it’s a basic colored AM1.

No hate, I love the AM1 but these two pairs are not worth the extra coin

Unpopular opinion: Anything over retail + shipping is not worth it for these Evergreens or Magma’s

BUT when you really think about it, it’s a basic colored AM1.

:smh:

There are lots of people who would pay over retail specifically for a "basic colored" / OG color-blocked AM1.

This particular color-blocking is exactly what makes them so great/sought after!

I’m sure there’s a high level of FOMO from some of you in here, plus the posted photos here and on social media don’t help BUT when you really think about it, it’s a basic colored AM1.

No hate, I love the AM1 but these two pairs are not worth the extra coin
pocket watching never fails

As an Eagles fan, desperate to have the greens in the collection.

Is $210 pick up a good deal?
I’d say so, only about 50 over retail with added taxes. But at the end of the day it’s your money and your kicks so cop if it will make you happy! They’ll definitely go perfect with Eagles gear lol

:smh:

There are lots of people who would pay over retail specifically for a "basic colored" / OG color-blocked AM1.

This particular color-blocking is exactly what makes them so great/sought after!

Maybe basic was a bit much but just my opinion on them. Yes, I do agree a simple c/w does go a long way BUT the point was, for me it’s not enough to make me spend extra for it

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, just sharing mine on these AM1’s.

Maybe basic was a bit much but just my opinion on them. Yes, I do agree a simple c/w does go a long way BUT the point was, for me it’s not enough to make me spend extra for it

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, just sharing mine on these AM1’s.

Sadly most shoes we buy are not “worth” what we pay for them. A shoes “value” is determined by the buyer and what he/she is willing to pay to obtain it. What may not be “worth it” to you may be totally worth it for the next person. Just curious, do you have a pair of either the greens or oranges? Saying they’re not worth it is easy for you to say if you we’re lucky enough to get a pair for retail.

Greens came in 2 days ago like most folks. Mine are good quality, no glue mishaps or sloppy midsole paint. They fit a little snug like my Aquas but still my normal size after wearing for a day. Love them and I said I wouldn’t pay over retail but that could’ve changed had I not hit on SNKRS.

E5C863C4-77A8-4D55-889D-1A328FCFF3A4.jpeg

Sadly most shoes we buy are not “worth” what we pay for them. A shoes “value” is determined by the buyer and what he/she is willing to pay to obtain it. What may not be “worth it” to you may be totally worth it for the next person. Just curious, do you have a pair of either the greens or oranges? Saying they’re not worth it is easy for you to say if you we’re lucky enough to get a pair for retail.

I don’t.

I don’t disagree with you or 1978S 1978S whatever they’re reasoning is - avid AM1 collector that wants to add to the stable or just for the simplicity of the shoe - someone will go after it because that’s what they want.

But for me, my opinion, after seeing photos I personally don’t think it’s worth anything more than what it retailed for.

There’s other factors that play in to my earlier statement but it’ll just add more fuel to the fire lol

Pardon my naivety but I see the royal blue option on NBY. what would be the main difference between Anniversary pair vs. a NBY version?

I’m not mad at him for trying to get some bread. If he’s reselling Nike ID’s, obviously he needs to overcharge a bit to make profit. But he’s charging double for some **** anyone can make and he’s not even going to honor returns. And anyone who’s called him out on it, he starts berating them and blocking them. I feel bad for his fan base. I used to be a fan but fruckouttahere. Now he’s threatening to drop a new AM1 every month LOL
Well reselling is what peeps do with sneakers that ain't available anymore instore .. this guy sells ids with options that's still available as some made up collabo for $300 and even charges extra for shipping..

I agree that these aren’t worth the extra doe. They don’t even come with extra laces, special box, etc... I had to pay extra though. Fear of missing out for sure because Nike is unpredictable these days. I also haven’t won anything off snkrs or raffles since the bred 11’s. I see the price on these jumping in next few months though. Hate that Nike released these more limited than the anniversary pairs. These definitely should have been plentiful

Well reselling is what peeps do with sneakers that ain't available anymore instore .. this guy sells ids with options that's still available as some made up collabo for $300 and even charges extra for shipping..

Well people also resell trash shoes that aren’t hard to find. That’s why resellers feast at outlets. They get the best shoes as well as whatever else they think they sell. And they charge more. I think him reselling Nike IDs At $300 only makes sense if it’s part of a bundle with music, merch, apparel. Then it makes more sense. But just the shoes at $300 is robbery. He’s pulling the fast one on his fans who don’t know better.

Pardon my naivety but I see the royal blue option on NBY. what would be the main difference between Anniversary pair vs. a NBY version?

If you customize it and compare it to the Anni pair you’ll notice - outsole, quarter, air bag and tongue (just to name a few) will be different color wise

This is all dependant on the person. Some people are all willy nilly with money and have 500 pairs and an extra $50 on a pair is whatever. Some people are more picky about what they buy and don't like spending over retail. Neither is right or wrong imo.

I didn't know Goat charged taxes like StockX paid 217 for the greens. Not happy. Nike is not making money with all these limited releases. Something tells me we are going to get a massive drop end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom