THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

20210127_145510.jpg

Did my teals too. I don't understand why lace swapping gets so much hate on here? It's not like I'm putting in something that doesn't match or takes away from the shoe, then I'd get it. Are people here just anti lace swaps, no matter what? Does it depend on the colorway? I'm always curious how other people feel about this ish.
That's because in your case the colors don't match, especially the green ones.

Then it simply looks out of place. And cheap.

20210127_145510.jpg

Did my teals too. I don't understand why lace swapping gets so much hate on here? It's not like I'm putting in something that doesn't match or takes away from the shoe, then I'd get it. Are people here just anti lace swaps, no matter what? Does it depend on the colorway? I'm always curious how other people feel about this ish.
Just that the am1 community is a purist community for the most part. Most stick with white or sail midsole = white/sail laces theme.

I tend to agree...But...

No hate on your swap at all.

Just that the am1 community is a purist community for the most part. Most stick with white or sail midsole = white/sail laces theme.

I tend to agree...But...

No hate on your swap at all.

Honestly I'm like that with most kicks in general. I don't think I've done more than 5 lace swaps since my high school days 15 years ago. I tend to like laces that match the toungue on my kicks so the blue and real laces are a no for me.

A while back the union jordan 1 and off-whites had ppl doing alot of unnecessary lace swaps. It was weird to see that become trendy again.

insane. Glad you and others were able to make your bespokes. Such a shame they called it quits
Was this due to the pandemic or was this already planned pre-pandemic
I still had 2 pairs I really wanted to do and had an appointment last March...Covid hit hard a week before my appointment and the appointment got cancelled.

I think the program was canceled because of the numerous complaints from customers in addition to Covid. It never was a money maker for nike...so when the complaints intensified, nike cut the cord. Just speculation by me though.

Fwiw, I thought the guys were great, but the wait time and communication was wack. But I never complained.

I've never done a pair of bespokes. How long is the turn around time usually. I know there are some other dope customizers out there. Does anyone have suggestions on who does the best work. I follow Vijj already.

Anyone else notice the toebox on the teals is off from the other pairs from the pack? Maybe it's jsut my pairs? They are way more wrinkled than the other pairs. I doubled on the whole pack and my 2 teals are different than the others.

20210128_101009.jpg
20210128_101222.jpg
20210128_101333.jpg
20210128_101316.jpg
20210128_101351.jpg
20210128_101409.jpg
I like that. It's only when the wrinkles aren't consistent between left/right shoe that it bothers me. I had a sail pinnacle I bought off eBay years ago that the right shoe was smooth and the left shoe was super wrinkled.

Back
Top Bottom