THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I watched that episode as well. I think y'all looking too deep into it. To most people that's just a nike. @sole searchin air max has a stronger fanbase in Europe, more akin to how Jordans are in the US. Another example I can think of is air max TNs are especially popular in Australia. However in the context of that Atlanta episode, I don't think it's anything beyond a regular nike shoe that a seemingly regular high school kid might be wearing.
Respectfully disagree on looking too deep. Everything in Atlanta is intentional, the details exist for specific reasons. Just seems like an odd shoe to choose, but I can’t say I’d ever identify one shoe model to a specific skin tone.

UPDATE: So Nike gave me the 20% that most of us got for the delayed April (4/28) run. I get an email this AM that says they are going to credit me $50 for the delay which is way better then the 10% mentioned above. So 20% off promo for a future order and $50 off the actual NBY order when they ship. Anyone else get this yet?

Finally got the finishing up email.

for those who are expecting NBY deliveries today...
is anyone else getting "a mechanical failure has caused a delay" message when trying to track the package?
Yea, was supposed to get mine last Friday but says that now. Looks like they are still in Osaka.

Respectfully disagree on looking too deep. Everything in Atlanta is intentional, the details exist for specific reasons. Just seems like an odd shoe to choose, but I can’t say I’d ever identify one shoe model to a specific skin tone.
1657028256905.png

We've got some flight huaraches and some team jordans, too. What's it mean professor?

1657028256905.png

We've got some flight huaraches and some team jordans, too. What's it mean professor?
:lol:I’m going to take this as a fun discussion and not anything negative. It means the same thing. Team Jordans have a reputation as being corny, for folks who think they’ve got heat and don’t really understand. I don’t know much about Flight Huaraches but they visually fit right in with Team Jordans. An Air Max SC would’ve made more sense than an AM1.

I never claimed to understand every detail but rather that the show is written in very intentional and well thought out ways. Visual details support that writing.

Last edited:
I’m going to take this as a fun discussion and not anything negative. It means the same thing. Team Jordans have a reputation as being corny, for folks who think they’ve got heat and don’t really understand. I don’t know much about Flight Huaraches but they visually fit right in with Team Jordans. An Air Max SC would’ve made more sense than an AM1.
Yea so you're describing a regular *** high school kid that goes to the mall when he needs a new pair of shoes and picks one he likes off the wall. And in that episode, until the interview with Kevin Samuels' character, Aaron was portrayed as a regular *** white-passing high school kid who plays video games and wants to go to college with his girlfriend. Not sure what his shoe game has to do with that. Air max 1s and flight huaraches don't carry any deep, racial meaning :lol: shoutout to the fab five though.

Most people are not hyper-aware of sneakers the way that we are on niketalk. Go ask Jane Doe at the mall shopping for her kid about air max SCs and flight huaraches and see what she thinks. Team jordans are corny to us but a lot of folks won't look at those three shoes as anything beyond sneakers. You're looking deep into the sneakers because you look deep into every sneaker but that just wasn't the point here. Set and prop designers were making a high school kid and his bedroom, not a niketalker with 5,000 posts

edit: i didn't even know wtf an air max sc was

Yea so you're describing a regular *** high school kid that goes to the mall when he needs a new pair of shoes and picks one he likes off the wall. And in that episode, until the interview with Kevin Samuels' character, Aaron was portrayed as a regular *** white-passing high school kid who plays video games and wants to go to college with his girlfriend. Not sure what his shoe game has to do with that. Air max 1s and flight huaraches don't carry any deep, racial meaning :lol: shoutout to the fab five though.

Most people are not hyper-aware of sneakers the way that we are on niketalk. Go ask Jane Doe at the mall shopping for her kid about air max SCs and flight huaraches and see what she thinks. Team jordans are corny to us but a lot of folks won't look at those three shoes as anything beyond sneakers. You're looking deep into the sneakers because you look deep into every sneaker but that just wasn't the point here. Set and prop designers were making a high school kid and his bedroom, not a niketalker with 5,000 posts

edit: i didn't even know wtf an air max sc was
That could all be the case, I’m cool with my interpretation being wrong and you make a good case. It’s easy to forget that we, the collective sneaker community, look at shoes through a completely different lens than everyone else. I pay attention to shoes on everyone’s feet, in public, on tv, movies, etc.

All that said, still think there is some intentional set design but I respect your take and it makes me rethink a bit. So now you’ve got me even deeper in this :rofl:

An Air Max SC is a bastardized Air Max made for Kohls shoppers. Just bad.

for those who are expecting NBY deliveries today...
is anyone else getting "a mechanical failure has caused a delay" message when trying to track the package?
Mine was suppose to be delivered today. But the shipping has been weird

Went from Vietnam to China to Alaska then back to China

I don’t know man

Terrorized… I mean politely inquired with chat to get 20 percent off my 4/28 order as well and agent happily applied it.

Back
Top Bottom