THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

5/23 pair arrived yesterday. Overall quality was worth the wait. Truly humbled 🙏🏾

Attachments

• 62F8BCEE-A05B-4461-A7F9-CAD677A98BD9.jpeg
    62F8BCEE-A05B-4461-A7F9-CAD677A98BD9.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 62EF5BFA-D4D7-49BB-88E8-5764FCC8F94F.jpeg
    62EF5BFA-D4D7-49BB-88E8-5764FCC8F94F.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 9D93014F-FAAD-4521-B54D-FE421CED4A0F.jpeg
    9D93014F-FAAD-4521-B54D-FE421CED4A0F.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 342
  • 498C53D8-DB76-4B24-BFD2-16DD077C607E.jpeg
    498C53D8-DB76-4B24-BFD2-16DD077C607E.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 374
4/28 came in and I will spare everyone the pics of my Atmos step son. 2 things about them are bothering me.

1) The tongue is shorter than my other AM1s and looking back through everyone’s pics, seems like a lot of pairs look the same. It’s not much but it’s enough for an AM1 wearer to notice.

2) These things are snug. I wouldn’t say they run a half size too small because the length is good. They are snug on the top of my foot. Removing the insole fixes the snugness but I don’t like doing that. Maybe really thin insoles will work. Anyone else experiencing either of these issues?
Agree with #2. I have wide feet and it's really narrow feeling like theyre a half size down. Compared it with Concepts and toe box was way roomier on those. Thought it had to do with the materials since I used all leather on my NBYs. Also thought about switching insoles but they superglued that crap to the shoe so instead I bought a shoe stretcher to widen the toe box area for a couple days. Seems to be tolerable now but still snug although not sure if at the end of the day it will become uncomfortable. I have up until the end of the month to return them, but Im waiting for the next round to reorder with the next size up.

That could all be the case, I’m cool with my interpretation being wrong and you make a good case. It’s easy to forget that we, the collective sneaker community, look at shoes through a completely different lens than everyone else. I pay attention to shoes on everyone’s feet, in public, on tv, movies, etc.

All that said, still think there is some intentional set design but I respect your take and it makes me rethink a bit. So now you’ve got me even deeper in this :rofl:

An Air Max SC is a bastardized Air Max made for Kohls shoppers. Just bad.
I know I am maaaad late to this discussion, but I can watch a show and tell when a true "head" was behind certain elements. Back when 'Luke Cage' was out, and my bro-law brought his FireStick of it through. We watchin', and I was like, "YO. Who was behind this soundtrack? These are all Gang Starr cuts. And I don't mean just hit singles, I'm talkin' album cuts. Most cats don't even know about these songs." Bro-law, 10 years my junior, just shrugged. At one point, we went to the table of contents, where it listed the names of all the episodes. The name of each episode of the entire second(?) season was the titles of Gang Starr songs. I damn near fainted. 90% of the viewers would have had no clue of this.

So, the "deep" read-ins of the shoe means may not be as far-reaching as some think. All it takes is one "head" of any genre on a set with the creative control to do what they want, plus the rest of the staff not recognizing the jux, even though it's right under their nose.

On OU with searching for Kobe Mambacitas. And I change the location to widen my search to places I have folks at. We'll with my Miami search.... a pair of Atmos AP 2.0 was just listed, size 11 if anyone looking for that pair.
Listed where?

Agree with #2. I have wide feet and it's really narrow feeling like theyre a half size down. Compared it with Concepts and toe box was way roomier on those. Thought it had to do with the materials since I used all leather on my NBYs. Also thought about switching insoles but they superglued that crap to the shoe so instead I bought a shoe stretcher to widen the toe box area for a couple days. Seems to be tolerable now but still snug although not sure if at the end of the day it will become uncomfortable. I have up until the end of the month to return them, but Im waiting for the next round to reorder with the next size up.
Yea that glue they used is tuff. Let me know if you trybl to remove them again and you're successful lol

Yea that glue they used is tuff. Let me know if you trybl to remove them again and you're successful lol
Mine weren’t glued up by the forefoot and toes. That’s where I started pulling and there was some resistance but if you go slow the insole won’t rip.

download.png

Returned the above pair from round two as the qc (heel and quarter panel) was just not good. Usually, I can ignore some qc issues like a glue stain here and there but I could not talk myself into keeping them. The pair below is from round three and is scheduled to be delivered Monday (currently in Alaska after clearing customs) which is a week earlier than the original date given. I am really hoping the quarter panel and heel are better on this pair.
AM1NBY-2.png

Shipping back a size 10 in the tree lines unless someone prefers the oop.

So many shoes I’d take over them recently and don’t have much time to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom